Rad Morphing Redux Trigger: Rads

View File

Radiation trigger for Rad Morphing Redux.

Periodically checks the player's radiation and informs Rad Morphing Redux about the current radiation value.

Dependencies

• Rad Morphing Redux - without RMR this mod does nothing.
  • MCM - to configure frequency and the keyword sent to RMR.

Installing

Install with your mod manager of choice.

By default the trigger uses the name "Rads" and updates every 10 seconds.

Both of these settings can be changed through MCM.

Uninstalling

Uninstall with your mod manager of choice.

If you want to make sure the timer is stopped and event listeners unregistered, call Shutdown on the mod's quest before uninstalling.

cqf LenARMT_Rads_Main Shutdown

Source Code

Source code is provided with the mod. The full project including build scripts for VSCode is available on GitHub.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/23/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    MCM, Rad Morphing Redux

Is this for Debugging or other to work with other mods? I've been using RMR for a while without much issue and I'm not sure what this does other than change the checking interval.  Not trying to be critical, just trying to get a better understanding of what this mod adds to RMR.

Thank!

Edit: Nevermind, I caught up with the thread on the main download.  Thanks for the great mod!

Edited by thefabulousfink
  • 7 months later...

Could you possibly add a function to the mod that you run slower from certain morph threshold values. I would imagine 3 thresholds at 30%, 50% and 75% morph. Since you can not generalize the morphs it would be great if you could set the speed you can still run in the MCM at these thresholds. Such a function would serve the immersion in my opinion. Possibly the charaker could also start at a certain threshold to wheeze when running.

1 hour ago, N.Gamma said:

Could you possibly add a function to the mod that you run slower from certain morph threshold values. I would imagine 3 thresholds at 30%, 50% and 75% morph. Since you can not generalize the morphs it would be great if you could set the speed you can still run in the MCM at these thresholds. Such a function would serve the immersion in my opinion. Possibly the charaker could also start at a certain threshold to wheeze when running.

Note that mods messing around with movement speed tend to collide with one another and lose track of collective state, ending up with permanent speed debuffs a lot of the time (I've had bad experiences where I often wound up with 0 movement rate and was stuck in place, forced to perform surgery via the console to reset actorvalues). This is why I avoided touching speed at all in Unhealthy Craving and stuck with input layers temporarily disabling running/sprinting/etc. The up side to input layers is that they can be created independently by different mods and then the game engine combines them on the fly and also get cleaned up automatically if their mod gets uninstalled. If implemented correctly, it basically avoids conflicts with other mods that have similar features, the downside is that it can't make micro-adjustments to player speed it can only block specific kinds of activity.

• 5 months later...

Not sure if this is normal or already documented, but if the player is healing rads while taking rads (eg. healing 10 rads per second while taking up to 10 rads per second), the morphs don't update. Not sure if this is intended, but could there be a version where it is not? And thing 2, is that the mod stops after the player has taken more than 1000 rads. Yes, this usually kills the player, but if I have a mod such as Classic Radiation Poisoning 2, I don't die. Is it possible to enable this functionality?