Skyrim AE for Beginners - V 2.0.0 (3BA / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Enhanced Solitude with Vanilla Textures shows up twice on the list with the same link.

Another Question: Why mix all these city and town mods together? I am very interested in the Great Cities mods, especially if they work with the Seasons mods. However, I am wondering what will I miss if I leave out something like JKs, Capital Whiterun or Enhanced Solitude.

I am not new to mod lists. I understand that there may be  a "texture X from Mod B applies to building Y on Mod C" kind of thing. But, here there are several mods and fixes affecting one town or city and then they have a "Great Cities" mod on top. I mean, isn't Great Cities supposed to replace buildings and expand these places anyway? (or maybe I am confusing GC with another mod that changes the architecture... ?)

I am asking out of curiosity. Again, thanks so much for making this list!

Edited by unnameable

@Aylis about Nordic Stonewalls : it haves two files, first one its pretty straightforward besides the Parallax option in the FOMOD (no idea if use parallax or no)
                                                                                       second file just uses whatever texture you have for the mountains, but i wonder how it would go with seasons of skyrim 

my gut tells me either use 1 one with no parallax or second one as it is. What ya think

Anybody else having gameplay issues with College of Winterhold Quest Expansion? The mod itself works fine, but thus far I've had Arniel Kane run to the spot where he's supposed to teach me how to cast waterbreathing and then run back to the college--three times--and the rats for the quest with the illusion teacher spawn inside a wall. I suppose that's because of a conflict with the Winterhold cities expansion (which looks fantastic).

@unnameable

1. Fixed

2. Its simply a matter of taste. I use the ones that i like the most and think would fit (i checked quite a few before i started the guide). In the end it is up to you if you follow my suggestions (admittedly a very long list of them) or use something else. Just be careful with mods that add their own NPC, getting the black face bug is quite annoying and often enough very hard to fix.

@Jessica_Degurechaff

Some lines above the one you get 'The parallax patch is REQUIRED!', so we're using parallax. ;)

So pick your choice for this one. 

11 minutes ago, unnameable said:

Both Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim links point to the LE version. Is this intentional?

Ehm... No... I didn't even notice that (got them and the links recommended).

But i've been using them for some time now and found no issues. Might be 'cause they don't add custom ressources. ?

Looking forward to this update, especially the combat animations.

Couple of things I saw:

* HD LOD Textures is missing (Foundation)

* You still have ASLAL (Gameplay)

* You've got a patch for Detailed Carriages, but not the mod itself. I just put it right before the Whiterun City Limits Patch. (Not sure if we should still use Wizkid's Carriages, but it doesn't look like Detailed overwrites anything from it)

@DeLaOmegas

We're using a different set of landscapes.

@Jessica_Degurechaff

Yes. Otherwise mesh issues could pop up.

@wollboi

All fixed now. No idea how that happened as those missing ones were in before and i swear i deleted ASLAL. Unless i'm getting hallucinations. ?

The carriages do the lower part - detailed carriages the inside and the top.

Edited by Aylis

I believe you're missing the silver armor bodyslide file

Edit: You also still have skill experience from reading books on the gameplay tab, and there's an underscore that links to Storm Lightning (Minty Lightning) under Splashes of Storms

Edited by ddfde
9 hours ago, wollboi said:

Anybody else having gameplay issues with College of Winterhold Quest Expansion? The mod itself works fine, but thus far I've had Arniel Kane run to the spot where he's supposed to teach me how to cast waterbreathing and then run back to the college--three times--and the rats for the quest with the illusion teacher spawn inside a wall. I suppose that's because of a conflict with the Winterhold cities expansion (which looks fantastic).

When you talk to Arniel Kane while he is 'travelling' to the location each time there is an 'easier' option. After a couple times he will just 'meet you there'. Discovered that by accident while he repeatedly ran his face into the pretty archways on the college bridge. Did you find the floating Skyshard too?

Speaking of rats, there is a similar issue with one of the remnant spies in Karthwasten (CC Redgard Elite Armaments). Spawn location is inside the new geo.

Crap! I overlooked a patch: The Great City of Winterhold Patch Collection

@alaunus01

I'll add The Great Town of Karthwasten Patch Collection that should fix your issue.

Added to the last update and the guide

And there are two more:

The Great Town of Ivarstead Patch Collection

The Great Village of Kynesgrove Patch Collection

Dawnstar seems to be the only one not requiering a patch collection...

Edited by Aylis
24 minutes ago, alaunus01 said:

So which Animated Potions - Blood Potions is the correct file, there are three files in the optionals and I wouldn't rule out it's neither of them :classic_angel:

Falls in the category 'pick whatever you want'.

Gameplay:
Go to bed 2.0.7 is no longer compatible with the settings loader and it takes some trickery to be able to download the 2.0.6 version instead

With Detailed Carriages back in don't we need the Markath Outskirts Patch again too?

Spotted something else. At the very least you need to load Ryn's Snow-Shod Farm after Ryn's Standing Stones else you end up with floating/sunk crops and texture seams. Slightly more elegant would be using the Standing Stones AIO_Farms AIO Patch and a fake empty master which has a much better looking conflict resolution.

Ryn's Farms.esp

Edited by alaunus01
moar stuff

Argh, got all the way through installing this, to discover Aylis had dropped a whole pile more mods in there.

Anyway, things I spotted in the list:
Monster Facial Animations listed twice (once in Player, once in the unsupported Sexlab section)

Imperial and Nordic Tents - can be dropped - identical files are installed with Skylands AIO

Seasonal Landscapes: 2.6 (Lavendar) and 2.11 (Thistle) are Cathedral/Vanila, but we installed Mari's versions of those?

For CC users:
Myrwatch CC still needs Myrwatch Majestic Mountains Landscape Patch and if you want to use the Lux plugins, Mywatch needs Myrwatch - Editable Home Cells (Cell Bug Workaround) and Sunder & Wraithguard CC needs Sunder and Wraithguard - Editable Vault Cell (Cell Bug Workaround), Neither of those two can be made into a ESL file because, well, thats what caused the problem they are fixing in the first place. The Wraithguard version will probably also need you to make an xEdit patch as well, to fix clashes with other mods that affect Sightless Pit. Good luck with that.

@alaunus01 That was the solution I stumbled across. He just appeared at the correct spot eventually. One other problem is that when I recruited the kid into the College and I was supposed to talk to Faralda, I fast traveled and the kid stayed where she was. I was able to talk to Faralda, then fast travel back to the kid and complete the quest. Just annoying. Have you figured out how you're supposed to do the Restoration quest though? The Miden is locked, I guess because of JK's College.

@Jessica_Degurechaff I honestly didn't like it and don't see what the big deal is. I guess it makes playing in third person more like a From Soft game, but the way the camera keeps moving on its own when you stop moving it was just annoying--especially when I was trying to highlight something. TDM by itself is enough for me.

@wollboi By the time I end up at the college I usually have plenty lockpicks and a decent skill. I would imagine a pure mage would have problems. On the other hand with Experience now in you no longer gimp yourself by training secondary skills. Maybe one of the teachers has a master level lockpicking scroll for sale too?

6 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff I honestly didn't like it and don't see what the big deal is. I guess it makes playing in third person more like a From Soft game, but the way the camera keeps moving on its own when you stop moving it was just annoying--especially when I was trying to highlight something. TDM by itself is enough for me.

As far as i understand you can full custom Smooth cam to be totally static, have huge "lag" to your char movement, to shake at ever step, everything. Its just fiddle with config OR to find a proper sub-mod to it.

Tho contextual Crosshair and detection meter are a must for me.