3D Armpit Hair - Diverse & Distributed

What is this?

tldr: donnerwetter made a 3D armpit hair mod earlier this year with 5 different variations. This mod distributes those armpit hairs across all the women of Tamriel. ESP marked light.

longer version: There are a lot of mods that give female NPCs armpit hair. Most skin mods include an underarm hair variant. However, they are all in 2D, meaning that the hair looks like it was stuck to the skin with glue. Secondly, the armpit hair from other skin mods would apply to all women and be of exactly the same length, color, consistency, etc... and every female NPC would have the same armpit hair.

Donnerwetter's mod was the only one I found with 3D meshes that looked very natural. The mod also provided 5 variants of hair with different lengths and consistencies and I didn't want to have to stick with just 1, which is why I created this mod. Now, all the women in Tamriel (including the ones added by mods) will have 3D armpit hair of varying sizes, colors, and consistencies. The hair is assigned randomly.

However, you can customize this assignment if you don't want hair assigned to certain women. That will be covered later.

Requirements

There are a couple of hard requirements. First is the original mod by donnerwetter. You need to download the "Wearable" version (dw's 3D Underarm Hair - Wearable.7z) for all body types except BHUNP. For BHUNP, get dws3DUnderarmHair-WearableBHUNP.7z.

Next, you need Spell Perk Item Distributor (SPID) and all it's requirements.

You also need to have Bodyslide to build the hairs to match your body.

Installation

Once you have installed the requirements, you have a choice to make. You can choose to have the 5 variants with hair colors ranging from black to blonde (see screenshots) based on natural hair colors, or hair colors ranging from black to brown (also see screenshots). Since the hairs are assigned randomly, you might get some weird results with the first option as there will be NPCs with dark head hair but light blonde armpit hair. The second option has better consistency since a NPC with blonde hair and dark underarm hair looks less weird (in my opinion) that a NPC with dark hair, dark skin, and blonde armpit hair.

If you want black to light blonde hair, download and install "Natural Hair Shades.zip" from the download section. Make sure you get the correct body types. i.e: BHUNP file for BHUNP body, and I have adjusted the sliders and made a version for UNP bodies. For every other body type, get "Natural Hair Shades 1.01.zip"

If you want black to brown hair, download and install "Dark Hair Shades.zip". Same body type considerations as above apply.

A third option exists if you want to set the hair color yourself, as explained by donnerwetter here:

https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/16379-dws-3d-underarm-hair/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-67176

Make sure you edit the hair for Slot 51.

Next, build the armpit hairs using Bodyslide. Note that the armpit hairs that get distributed are the ones belonging to slot 51, so they MUST be built. Look at the image below for reference.

You can batch build the hairs belonging to other slots as well.

Install the main mod (Diverse Distributed Armpit Hair.zip).

And that's it! You should be able to open up your game and see all the women having armpit hair.

Compatibility

Should be compatible with any mods that introduce NPCs, any body shapes, any skin mods. Mods like sexlab which strip the NPCs should have slot 51 set to don't strip (which is the default) so that the hair doesn't disappear when a scene starts.

Modifications

Since this uses SPID to distribute the hair, you can customize who gets the hair and who doesn't. By default, all the women get it, but you can change that. 

To do this, open up the DDArmpitHair_DISTR.ini file found in the main mod. You will find a string like this:

Spell = 0x801~DDArmpitHair.esp|ActorTypeNPC|NONE|NONE|F|NONE|100

The 100 at the end means that there is a 100% chance any woman you meet will have hair. You can change this to any value and the percentage chance will change.

If you don't want any specific NPC to have hair, use "-":

Spell = 0x36CC~DWwear.esp|ActorTypeNPC,-Serana|NONE|NONE|F|NONE|100

In the above case, Serana will not have armpit hair. You can do this with any number of NPCs, or even factions. The official SPID page can help you figure out the inner workings of this string.

Final note

While originally the slot 51 hairs were playable, I turned them non-playable so that you won't be seeing an "armpit hair" item in every female NPC's inventory. This means that you can't wear the slot 51 hair. If you want to wear the armpit hair on your character, you will have to build and use one of the other slots.

image.png

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/05/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    dw's 3D Underarm Hair - Wearable, SPID, Bodyslide
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by Dr. John Zoidberg

Just a heads up: this is the first time I made a mod like this so let me know if there are any improvements or addition that can be made.

I tested this version on a brand new game with only the mod and requirements as well as my 350+ hr game with 570+ mods and it worked in both cases. If it fails to work for you, let me know.

Had you not published your mod, I would have missed DW's work.  I gave my love to DW for the original mod.  Really appreciate you taking the work further and sharing it with us.

Matter of a fact, not sure if this can help at all....but I do have some mods that match the npc's hair with their pubic hair.  The mods that I have installed are the following:

MAIN_PaintedLady_ColorMatching_PubicHairs_v1-0-20141017 ; SSE_PaintedLady_ColorMatchPubicHairs_v1_0-20170522 ; MME Patch NPHF for SOS Female Pubic Hairs colored for NPCs ; SOS Female Pubic Hairs colored for NPCs 3BA Options ; SOS Female Pubic Hairs colored for NPCs Adjusted pubic hair coloring ; SOS Female Pubic Hairs colored for NPCs 2.0.4 Script Override for PapyrusUtil SOS and Female Pubics.

If I am not mistaken, I am certain that some of these mods match the head hair with the pubic hair for the armpits as well as for matching the pubic hair down below.  However, it only seems to apply to the player character and not npcs.....wondering if that particular 'matching' function can push out to the various npcs through SPID.  That way no matter the custom hair color or vanilla hair color of the npc their armpits and lower pubic area would match.

Hey, I just realised I had completely forgotten about the topic I'd posted in the Skyrim Special Edition forum! As such, it hasn't been updated at all since i first released the mod since I just kept updating my blog post instead:

I'll edit the post now to reflect the current content on the blog, but could you hotlink the 1.01 version of the wearable hairs instead of the original in your description? You could also add a link to the wearable BHUNP version I added later for people who use that body instead.

1 hour ago, donnerwetter said:

Hey, I just realised I had completely forgotten about the topic I'd posted in the Skyrim Special Edition forum! As such, it hasn't been updated at all since i first released the mod since I just kept updating my blog post instead:

I'll edit the post now to reflect the current content on the blog, but could you hotlink the 1.01 version of the wearable hairs instead of the original in your description? You could also add a link to the wearable BHUNP version I added later for people who use that body instead.

Thanks for the heads up, I have updated the descriptions to match.

3 hours ago, nefer385 said:

Had you not published your mod, I would have missed DW's work.  I gave my love to DW for the original mod.  Really appreciate you taking the work further and sharing it with us.

Matter of a fact, not sure if this can help at all....but I do have some mods that match the npc's hair with their pubic hair.  The mods that I have installed are the following:

MAIN_PaintedLady_ColorMatching_PubicHairs_v1-0-20141017 ; SSE_PaintedLady_ColorMatchPubicHairs_v1_0-20170522 ; MME Patch NPHF for SOS Female Pubic Hairs colored for NPCs ; SOS Female Pubic Hairs colored for NPCs 3BA Options ; SOS Female Pubic Hairs colored for NPCs Adjusted pubic hair coloring ; SOS Female Pubic Hairs colored for NPCs 2.0.4 Script Override for PapyrusUtil SOS and Female Pubics.

If I am not mistaken, I am certain that some of these mods match the head hair with the pubic hair for the armpits as well as for matching the pubic hair down below.  However, it only seems to apply to the player character and not npcs.....wondering if that particular 'matching' function can push out to the various npcs through SPID.  That way no matter the custom hair color or vanilla hair color of the npc their armpits and lower pubic area would match.

I'll have to look into this. If there is a function that matches the colors, then I should be able to push it out using SPID. However, I am yet to find such a function. It seems to be bound to SOS, so I'll take a look there.

Okay, no problem.  I just wanted to help you in any way I could, and it dawned on me that some of those mods seemed to have figured a way to get the matching pubes set.  But, as you mentioned they may have been tailored specifically through SoS, and not sure if anything could be gleaned from "looking under their hood."  Nonetheless, I am enjoying your work.  Most of the npcs' hair does seem to match for the most part.  So, regardless, I think the work stands on its own very well.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, just letting you know, both files you attached in the description lead to BHUNP version. Unless im missing something (since the other says for BHUNP only i thought first one is for CBBE).

The mod works perfectly when i downloaded 3B from the original page, but just in case this was not intended since it got me confused.

Heya Zoid, long time Lurker first time poster. But this Mod is busting my B****, but i WANT it lol. Im on my Quest for a more realistic Skyrim and Bodyhair is a somewhat neglected niche so i was exited to see donnerwetters and your Work. But i cant seem to get it working. I think its a Problem with the whole "build" in Bodyslide thing. I watched a few Tutorials and tried different things batchbuilding the 51 Slots, i dont get Errormessages in Bodyslide or in the Mod Manager at all. But i cant get Hair to show up in Game.  

One thing i noticed is that i cant get to show the Armpithair on the Preview Window. Is that something that should happen?

image.png.d92862a73e4dd20f28267fbd99aacded.png

Edited by memihu
On 12/2/2022 at 1:38 AM, Athewynn140 said:

Hey, just letting you know, both files you attached in the description lead to BHUNP version. Unless im missing something (since the other says for BHUNP only i thought first one is for CBBE).

The mod works perfectly when i downloaded 3B from the original page, but just in case this was not intended since it got me confused.

Thanks for pointing out, fixed it!

On 11/8/2022 at 6:32 PM, Mark Antony said:

For some reason, the hair frequently turns white and it happens with both the dark shade and natural

As long as you are using the hairs for slot 51 this shouldn't happen since the colors are baked into the .nif mesh itself. Try completely uninstalling the mod + dw's mod (and also use fallrim tools to clean your save so there are no hairs assigned to anyone), and reinstall the mod.

On 12/5/2022 at 10:17 PM, memihu said:

Heya Zoid, long time Lurker first time poster. But this Mod is busting my B****, but i WANT it lol. Im on my Quest for a more realistic Skyrim and Bodyhair is a somewhat neglected niche so i was exited to see donnerwetters and your Work. But i cant seem to get it working. I think its a Problem with the whole "build" in Bodyslide thing. I watched a few Tutorials and tried different things batchbuilding the 51 Slots, i dont get Errormessages in Bodyslide or in the Mod Manager at all. But i cant get Hair to show up in Game.  

One thing i noticed is that i cant get to show the Armpithair on the Preview Window. Is that something that should happen?

image.png.d92862a73e4dd20f28267fbd99aacded.png

The body not showing up in the preview window is normal and can be ignored. If you have already built the hairs for slot 51 and have enabled all mods and .esps, go into your game, open up the console, click on a female character, and use:

equipitem aaaDWarmpithair1_51

If you don't see the hair show up, then you can be sure its a problem with the way you built the hairs.

Hi, I followed your instructions but, no armpit hair is showing up on my female NPC's any suggestions?

Thx Attila  ;) 

wait, just noticed the plugin wasn't enabled will see if that makes a difference ;) 

Alright, so I enabled the plugin and still nothing automatically shown but, if I use your command :

the hair shows up, How do I get it to add it automatically to all female Npc's?

Edited by AttilaMagyar
18 hours ago, AttilaMagyar said:

Hi, I followed your instructions but, no armpit hair is showing up on my female NPC's any suggestions?

Thx Attila  ;) 

wait, just noticed the plugin wasn't enabled will see if that makes a difference ;) 

Alright, so I enabled the plugin and still nothing automatically shown but, if I use your command :

the hair shows up, How do I get it to add it automatically to all female Npc's?

There are two plugins, one for the original hair mod and the other for my mod which runs the above command on NPCs. Both mods and plugins need to be enabled in order for the hair to work properly.

Try starting a new game and see if the hair has been added on NPCs. If that is the case, then you can go back to a save before you installed the mod and the hair should show up there as well.

If you don't want to go back to an old save, you can disable both mods, open your existing save (ignore missing esp message), make a save, use ReSaver to clean your new save, and then enable both mods. This should make the script run on all the NPCs as if you were installing the mod newly.

If the above options don't work. let me know.

On 12/15/2022 at 8:34 AM, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

There are two plugins, one for the original hair mod and the other for my mod which runs the above command on NPCs. Both mods and plugins need to be enabled in order for the hair to work properly.

Try starting a new game and see if the hair has been added on NPCs. If that is the case, then you can go back to a save before you installed the mod and the hair should show up there as well.

If you don't want to go back to an old save, you can disable both mods, open your existing save (ignore missing esp message), make a save, use ReSaver to clean your new save, and then enable both mods. This should make the script run on all the NPCs as if you were installing the mod newly.

If the above options don't work. let me know.

I have both plugins and when I install them in the order that is shown in the attached images via Mod organizer, I still get nothing  :( 

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

For some reason the mod is working perfectly for NPCs, but I can't get it to appear on my character. I've built the other meshes in Bodyslide and can apply them that way, but of course all the hair is white.

Also, you may want to exclude certain NPCs from the base DDArmpitHair_DISTR.ini file. The floating spirit ball of Meridia is sporting armpit hair, which looks pretty funny and I imagine it's safe to say all users wouldn't mind excluding that NPC from the default file.

Edited by wollboi
15 hours ago, wollboi said:

For some reason the mod is working perfectly for NPCs, but I can't get it to appear on my character. I've built the other meshes in Bodyslide and can apply them that way, but of course all the hair is white.

My mod disables it from working on player character. This is so that you won't find a hair item in the inventories of every female NPC you kill. You should use the other meshes instead, and you can use this method suggested by dw to change the color of the hair using nifskope before you build them using bodyslide.

15 hours ago, wollboi said:

Also, you may want to exclude certain NPCs from the base DDArmpitHair_DISTR.ini file. The floating spirit ball of Meridia is sporting armpit hair, which looks pretty funny and I imagine it's safe to say all users wouldn't mind excluding that NPC from the default file.

I will create an update file for this. Thanks for pointing out.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:49 PM, AttilaMagyar said:

I have both plugins and when I install them in the order that is shown in the attached images via Mod organizer, I still get nothing  :( 

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

Did it not work with a new game either? Everything from the mod installation side seems fine so the only reason it might not work for you is because the hairs were incorrectly distributed at some point and they are not getting distributed properly again. Also, post your load order.

21 hours ago, Dr. John Zoidberg said:

Did it not work with a new game either? Everything from the mod installation side seems fine so the only reason it might not work for you is because the hairs were incorrectly distributed at some point and they are not getting distributed properly again. Also, post your load order.

No, I started a new game. I'm currently using 389 plugins and DW is #160 and DWwearablearmpithair is #80. Is there a specific order that they should be in? Btw, I use Loot to sort out the mods

Edited by AttilaMagyar
edit
11 hours ago, AttilaMagyar said:

No, I started a new game. I'm currently using 389 plugins and DW is #160 and DWwearablearmpithair is #80. Is there a specific order that they should be in? Btw, I use Loot to sort out the mods

I just changed the load order so that DW comes before WDW Diverse, I'll see if that makes any difference