3 hours ago, TBDM said:

Thanks, I didn't realize it but when I had downloaded a modified version of the Slaverun config file that included additional cells, it was missing a comma. I was able to fix it.

This happened to me too, although I didn't realize the config file I downloaded here was missing a comma.  Good to know, perhaps I'll try it again.

18 hours ago, LeroyJenkinsBrother said:

Kaxat,

Thank you for taking up this mod.  I play in VR and after installing your mod over the original, when ever any NPC does a force greet (like a courier), the game CTDs.  I've got a crash logger working but it isn't helping me diagnose the problem... does this sound at all familiar?  I can play the normal slaverun mod fine but the CTD happens only when I overlay yours.

Has anyone else tried this in VR?

Thanks!

Exactly the same issue, always when some activity (force greet or someone running up to you I presume).

Very frustrating, this would be so good in VR and, as you say, Slaverun plays fine.

Hi Kaxat! Got a small question.

Started a new playthrough with this mod and I have been wondering why this mod never selects the PC for sex scenes. Currently playing as free and with mods that lots of NPCs to towns. Is it simply because the mod prioritize slaves over free females (like the old version) or is something bad going on with my save.

I can see in the console that the PC is indeed considered during the checks. It just kinda never happens.  

In my previous playthrough (where PC was slave) I did not have this issue.

I remember that in the old version of Slaverun Reloaded, there was an option to select a minimum arousal for males to target both Slaves and Free Females. This option no longer exists in the new version.

I do believe my problem could probably be explained by the mod always prioritzing slaves.

@Kanlaon My guess would be that your Mod Organizer was set to Skyrim SE when creating the profile. So it thinks that your game supports those. I could be misremembering but I think that was an option when creating a profile. Creating a new profile would work but that is a pain. You could setup xEdit within MO2 and then remove the esl flag from those two esps. I see no reason why that won't work. Probably easier than a new profile. But for all I know you can easily switch profiles from version of the game to the next. You might examine the MO2 INIs.

@Lenore @TBDM Thanks for pointing the cause. I updated error messaging in 0.7 to help make it easier on folks to try and find issues like that. Can you point out which config file was broken? Perhaps we can convince its uploader to fix it. Then fewer people will face this error.

@jc321 Thanks for confirming. I do not have Skyrim VR so this will be difficult to get to the bottom of without help. Would you mind uploading the log files I asked @LeroyJenkinsBrother to upload? As I hinted at before ideally we would have two sets of logs. From different times. Say you have a save prior to a forcegreet and you first crash because the courier is already approaching. Upload that. But in the next one try to avoid the courier for 15-30 seconds. This will give the Enforcer time to do different things. Then let the courier approach. Crash. Upload that second set. Two diverse sets of logs might still be doing similar things the moment before the crash. Which could help me narrow down what might cause this. Also is it just couriers or is it other forcegreet events too?

@leakim The mod has a few settings that might be altering your perception. Most of them are on the Enforcer Sex MCM page. One is the "Player availability" % setting. But that setting would SkipPlayer=TRUE in your console after it rolls the dice and weighs them against your % setting.

Another thing is that if you are running fast through an area you are somewhat less likely to get intercepted. This is 1 part intentional 1 part a symptom of the game engine.

Finally if you are in a crowded area you are notably less likely to be chosen. It does not matter if you are a slave. It is the crowds that are doing that. In a less populated area men will choose from any of the three closest women. But if multiple women are within 256 units (Imagine a a giant laid on its back. 256 is a little further than that.) he will randomly choose any of them.

When I installed mods that added lots of NPCs to cities I noticed the Player was notably less likely to be chosen. Whether slave or free. There is no logic that prefers slaves over free some % of the time. But some scenes always exclude free. For instance free are never gangbaned. They won't be subject to DP or spitroasting.

15 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Female guards who stay dressed in enslaved cities get enslaved by the "Strip females that violate the law" setting. I don't think that is right. v0.6

The way the system works right now is there is effectively a "whitelist" clothing/armor list for who remains free. If a female isn't wearing something on that list, then she gets enslaved. It's possible that the guard armor isn't on the list (I haven't checked myself) and would need to be added. If you have modded armors as well then those wouldn't be on the list either and any NPCs wearing those will be enslaved as well.

13 hours ago, leakim said:

Hi Kaxat! Got a small question.

Started a new playthrough with this mod and I have been wondering why this mod never selects the PC for sex scenes. Currently playing as free and with mods that lots of NPCs to towns. Is it simply because the mod prioritize slaves over free females (like the old version) or is something bad going on with my save.

I can see in the console that the PC is indeed considered during the checks. It just kinda never happens.  

In my previous playthrough (where PC was slave) I did not have this issue.

I remember that in the old version of Slaverun Reloaded, there was an option to select a minimum arousal for males to target both Slaves and Free Females. This option no longer exists in the new version.

I do believe my problem could probably be explained by the mod always prioritzing slaves.

Kaxat would no better than me, but your last line I think is correct. Because of the whitelist I described above, many (I think most) females end up enslaved. IIRC Slaverun Reloaded prioritize slaves for sex scenes and I don't think this mod does anything to change that, as a result it does reduce the odds of the player getting selected. You can offset this a little by increasing the player character's availability on the new slider in the MCM and it is offset some by the addition of multi-character scenes as well, but as long as most women end up slaves then the prioritization of all of those women first means that it will be much more rare for the player character to be involved in any sex scenes.

@kaxat It was the SlaverunConfig.json file. It's been so long that I can't remember where exactly on the forums I downloaded it, but I imagine no one would be upset if I uploaded a corrected version here and I certainly don't mind if anyone shares it.

For those that weren't following the last page or two: This is a config file for Slaverun Reloaded that adds additional locations to the enforcer when different cities are enslaved. For example, this includes things like the Bannered Mare being immediately subject to the enforcer when Whiterun is enslaved. Alternatively if you want even more locations, you can download a different config file from this comment. This config file will include additional locations including player homes to the enforcer, as well as inserting new slave tattoos and slave haircuts (you will need to have the corresponding tattoos/haircuts installed to see them though). You can look through either file with Notepad or Notepad++ to look more closely at the changes, or make changes of your own.

SlaverunConfig.json

Edited by TBDM
4 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Female guards who stay dressed in enslaved cities get enslaved by the "Strip females that violate the law" setting. I don't think that is right. v0.6

I agree. It would be my preference to exclude them in the SWR theme. I noticed this earlier but kind of forgot. I appreciate the reminder. I think what is happening is that guards with helmets will run afoul of SWRs list. Then the game goes "oh we unequipped a pretty major clothing item. Must mean shes a slave." Which is not my intent for guards.

To my mind guards should generally be treated differently when it comes to stripping. I would almost prefer to exclude them from Apply Outfits.

I would also like to treat helmets differently. Perhaps add an MCM option to confiscate all face covering head gear but not count it against the womens slave status. I think a lot of us have given up on Skyrims headgear. Always either hides hair or has clipping issues. Best case they get turned into funky circlet type things that still have minor clipping issues. So an option to always remove headgear is nice. And you can use this mod for that. But she will wind up a slave. Not great. The easier option would be to just reduce the severity of wearing a helmet. The Enforcer already has the ability to forgive a minor infraction or two. But major coverings like fully body will not be ignored. Worth thinking on.

24 minutes ago, kaxat said:

My guess would be that your Mod Organizer was set to Skyrim SE when creating the profile. So it thinks that your game supports those. I could be misremembering but I think that was an option when creating a profile. Creating a new profile would work but that is a pain. You could setup xEdit within MO2 and then remove the esl flag from those two esps. I see no reason why that won't work. Probably easier than a new profile. But for all I know you can easily switch profiles from version of the game to the next. You might examine the MO2 INIs.

If the file has ESP extension, Legendary will read it without any problem. The ESL flag means nothing in Legendary. It is totally unnecessary to remove the ESL flag with Tes5Edit. Except when we want to remove the stupid and false alerts displayed by Mod Managers saying "ESP with form 43 doesn't work on Special" or "ESP flaged as ESL doesn't work on Legendary"

@TBDM What does you config do? If you explain it people might be more likely to download it. ? I was guessing it would have been a duplicate of this file which adds every location in a hold to the enslaved locations. But that file is 9Kb ands yours is 5Kb. So the must do things slightly different.

25 minutes ago, TBDM said:

IIRC Slaverun Reloaded prioritize slaves for sex scenes and I don't think this mod does anything to change that, as a result it does reduce the odds of the player getting selected.

I stripped out all of that functionality. But good guess. The function for finding the closest female is one of the slowest parts of Reloaded. Could easily take 4+ seconds to find someone. It is also something that has to get called a bunch. 1 or more times for each SexLab animation. Sometimes it added up to 30+ seconds. In this mod the cumulative time is often <1 second. And usually <2 seconds in a crowded area. Not too shabby of an improvement.

But a couple features were removed to get us good performance. I have since learned I can probably add back those two functions I stripped out and still have good performance. But I am more inclined to add a percentage slider that reduces the how often Free women are called. In fact I keep meaning to add that and might in the next release. But this does the opposite of what you guys want. It would be the first piece of logic in my mod that starts preferring slaves over free. At present they are treated equally.

46 minutes ago, kaxat said:

@TBDM What does you config do? If you explain it people might be more likely to download it. ? I was guessing it would have been a duplicate of this file which adds every location in a hold to the enslaved locations. But that file is 9Kb ands yours is 5Kb. So the must do things slightly different.

I'm pretty sure mine just adds additional locations, it's definitely older than the one you linked, so I don't know if that one adds even more locations or makes other changes as well, I can compare the two side by side later and see.

Edit: It looks like in the file I uploaded I made changes to the slave names (At least I'm pretty sure I made those changes specific changes), while in the file you linked they are the originals. In the file In the file you linked they add additional tattoos and slave haircuts which mine doesn't have. Finally mine has a number of new locations added to the enforcer (which is from wherever I downloaded it from here), while the one you linked has many more locations (though some of those I disagree with, like player homes). Later today I'll edit my previous post with clarifications and probably with the original slave names so that the file is a minimal change to what people are used to.

46 minutes ago, kaxat said:

But a couple features were removed to get us good performance. I have since learned I can probably add back those two functions I stripped out and still have good performance. But I am more inclined to add a percentage slider that reduces the how often Free women are called. In fact I keep meaning to add that and might in the next release. But this does the opposite of what you guys want. It would be the first piece of logic in my mod that starts preferring slaves over free. At present they are treated equally.

It could be an option, it's your mod so up to you. My first guess would be adding options how enslavement works, but if the only difference between slaves and free women is the option to wear clothes then I'm not sure those options would be relevant. If you do go for the percentage slider, then would it be possible for to have it go over 100% so that free women might actually be more likely to be chosen? It might not make much sense lore wise, and I'm not too sure I would use it (Personally I want to feel like my player character is just another female without any unique treatment), but it could be a customization option for people that want it. Another option would be increasing player availability over 100% as well, this might be sufficient to do what people want (Although I don't know if some people might have have followers or other NPCs that they want to wear clothes or remain "free" but also get used)

Edited by TBDM

@TBDM Thanks for sharing the file.

9 minutes ago, TBDM said:

f you do go for the percentage slider, then would it be possible for to have it go over 100% so that free women might actually be more likely to be chosen?

Percentages do not work that way. Goodnight.

In all seriousness I can't choose them more than 100% of the time. I could add a different slider for reducing how often slaves are called. Which is surely what you meant. But at present there is not a preference for either. Both are 100%. Adding either of these sliders will slow performance some. Both slows it more. And either of them creates a scenario. What should I do if we did a search that purposefully excluded some, but found no one. Should I redo the search with everyone? That slows it notably more. So we are building a bit of an anti-feature. Adding more options but decreasing the frequency at which SexLab scenes start.

There probably is a way to fundamentally rewrite the closest female search to fallback to the other class if it fails to find someone but. But that be a pain and likely introduce new bugs. Right now I am more interested in adding low-effort features that are unlikely to add bugs. I appreciate all feedback though so feel free to disagree.

22 minutes ago, TBDM said:

but if the only difference between slaves and free women is the option to wear clothes then I'm not sure those options would be relevant.

Two main differences right now. Clothes and what animations play. You can choose how often Free are only asked for a BJ. How often Slaves do Anal. Also gangbangs are different.

20 minutes ago, kaxat said:

In all seriousness I can't choose them more than 100% of the time. I could add a different slider for reducing how often slaves are called. Which is surely what you meant. But at present there is not a preference for either. Both are 100%. Adding either of these sliders will slow performance some. Both slows it more. And either of them creates a scenario. What should I do if we did a search that purposefully excluded some, but found no one. Should I redo the search with everyone? That slows it notably more. So we are building a bit of an anti-feature. Adding more options but decreasing the frequency at which SexLab scenes start.

Kind of, what I meant (and I suppose what I should have called it) is a weighting slider instead, so that it can be set to options like 50/50 where they are equally likely to be called, 100/0 where only slaves are called, or 25/75 so that free women are more likely to be called, etc. And for player availability I was asking if it would be possible to do something similar so that the player character is more likely to be called than the average female. I think such sliders have been done in other mods, though I'd have to check. As for if the search fails, that is a matter of personal preference as well. I would say just have it be that no one is selected and wait for the next run, but I can see people wanting the opposite.

@TBDM Yeah a weight slider would be good. Behind the scenes it will ultimately have to get converted to percentages. But unifying those percentages into a single slider prevents people from decreasing two separate sliders to 20%. Which would create a silly conundrum.

Your idea has challenged me to see if I could build some a feature while not incurring too much of a performance penalty. I like a challenge. Reviewing the code is not making a good case for this being possible. Function is lightning fast. And this speed is made possible by certain assumptions that are currently always accurate.

A lot of functions in Skyrim are synced to your FPS. They will not return a value until the next frame is rendered. Which means at 60 FPS you can only call 60 of them in one second. Which might seem like a lot until you start looping over actors. Say there are 20 females available and we need to find the closest. You need to check the distance of each so 20 calls. Need to check if they are a slave means 20 more calls. Some cases we also need to see if they are a guard. 20 more calls. Now we have spent an entire second on one loop over the actors. 99.999% of that time is just waiting on the next frame to render. Not slowing your game down really. But the Enforcer will be slow. Because it has to loop over actors multiple times. 1+ for each sex anim. And ideally it does all of this work and bunch more in under 5 seconds.

So you can see why I have optimized the hell out of a function that has to loop over actors multiple times. Its my secret sauce. A big part of what makes the Enforcer feel so much faster than Reloaded.

But I believe I just thought of 2 somewhat elegant ways to remove one of those frame delays. The function already removes the guard frame delay when possible. I should do some more testing. If my thinking is correct it might be possible to implement all of this and maybe even get a small speed boost. Yet more heavily optimized code that relies on a network of global state. Oh joy. It is funny how often Papyrus pushes you towards global state.

I added this mod into a long running game (level 81), where all cities in Skyrim are enslaved at this point. Followed the instructions about installing this mod while outside of a city, went out of city bounds and then coc'd into a test cell. After install, set the scan interval pretty low (or high, whichever) for better performance, like a 40 second scan interval, and I found that even out of city bounds, scans would bump up to one another, and cause a lot of script lag and stuttering in my game. Granted, I do have a pretty script-heavy list at this point, but this mod seemed to be a breaker for it. Should I load this directly after Slaverun, or should I just start a new game with this mod? I like what it does, but I don't like the performance hit that it takes, even though its getting loaded into a script heavy long running save.

Not sure if this is even intended to work, but instead of adding the clothing to the outfit theme json I tried just adding keywords to the clothing I want to not be stripped, however it is not working. I added the "ClothingRich" keyword to the clothing with SSEEdit which should make it not be stripped if using the Strong-Willed and Rich theme if I am understanding it correctly.

Hello,

thanks for the hint with the ESL Flag. Just for information:

So the first thing I tried is to install your mod on a different computer , where i still use an old Mod organizer 32Bit for small script changes in mods.

Than i copied everything into my Skyrim LE installation on the computer used for playing.

The ESL-flags are still shown in MO2. I can open the files with XEdit, but XEdit knows in some way it is Skyrim LE and does not offer the option to remove ESL flags.

Ok, with the next thing I had success. I Installed your mod for my skyrim SE installation.

When I open the ESP files now with XEdit I can remove the ESL flag.

The only thing I do not know: Can I use this ESP for Skyrim LE. I heard that sometimes there is the Form 43 - Form 44 conflict (whatever that means)

Regards

@Kanlaon There should not be an issue. My concern was solely the fact that your MO2 load order is now lying to you about which plugin is prefixed with which ID. I would have assumed MO2 would accurately account for that in the LE version of profiles. Guess I was wrong. So long as your game starts and does not instantly CTD you are fine. No need to unflag the files. But know the prefixes shown in MO2 are no longer quite accurate.

@Jordanheath91 What did you add the keyword to? Was it something that occupies the body slot (32) or something else?

@Yuni Progress towards this is a bit slow. It will take an unknown amount of time. In the mean time the FAQ includes a quick guide for skipping all Reloaded quests and more or less disabling Reloaded. Just leave the Enforcer running.

@Balrog899 No creatures.

@applesandmayo I have to be honest I am insanely skeptical the Enforcer is now slower. This skepticism is not based on a feeling. It is based on habitually measuring everything down to a fraction of a millisecond. If you enable logs you will see tons of x took 0.000233s to complete. I have been using these and stackprofiling to increase performance by leaps and bounds. Typical enforcer run went from 40 seconds down to 10 seconds. Best of all a bug was fixed that would permit overlapping enforcer runs. In Reloaded two enforcer runs often happened at once. Primarily when your scripts were already lagging. So it compounded the problem. This one refuses to do that. Instantly detecting and stopping a duplicate. And the only time I see duplicate attempts anymore is a few seconds after loading a new save. Which is fine. Its a symptom of how the VM unthaws and does not cause issue.

Have you tried reducing the # of NPCs? Have you tried reducing the SexLab anims? Both of these default to higher than the Reloaded version. But 1 anim and 8 NPCs might be the ticket if your game is indeed script bound. Also you might consider updating the f_____BudgeMS settings. That article explains these in detail and when and why you might wish to change them. Scroll halfway down. Increasing them to 1.5x can help with script lag. But if you are not already at max FPS it can reduce FPS. But in my experience it is pretty frequent that people think they have script lag but it is caused by something else. Three big sources of lag in the came come from your GPU being maxed, so bump back ENB. SMP being maxed, so install faster SMP and dial its XML config back or remove some SMP mods. Or of course script lag. If it is script lag the above settings can really help. But you might still need to dial back ENB to give you the FPS headroom needed. Keep in mind script lag is linked to frame rate. You want your game to always run at 60FPS. If its not you are increasing script lag.

Another setting that can positively impact performance is Apply Outfits. But that is only true in version 0.5 and newer. Once an outfit is applied to an NPC the Enforcer can skip individual clothing checks and just check a single item. The outfit. The more NPCs that have a valid outfit the less work. Another thing is that some Outfit Themes are faster than others. The enslave everyone theme is the fastest of them all. The slave themes are all similar performance.

Finally you might try version 0.4 if nothing else helps. It did things a little differently. It actually took longer. But it used slightly less memory because it was not multithreaded. In rare circumstances that can help. And you are already in rare circumstances if the Enforcer is somehow slower for you. Instead of 5x faster. Further you made me realize there is a small bug in the newer versions that I had not noticed. The setting "Max distance to call NPCs" could be set to 0 in version 0.4 and help performance. At 0 it would only search for NPCs in the current cell same as Reloaded used to do. That cuts out an entire extra task for the Enforcer. You can still set to this to 0 in the current version but it does not disable the search for neighboring cells. Which is a bug. Definitely do not set that to 0 in the current version. I would set it to the default or even greater. Ironically that would improve performance in current version. Whereas in the past setting it to 0 was better for performance.

@applesandmayo One more thing to try. If you wish to disable actors in neighboring cells then download and use this script. It patches the bug where the setting "Max distance to call NPCs" would not disable neighboring cells if set to 0. Copy this file into the mods scripts dir. Then set that setting to 0. This will remove an entire extra task from the Enforcer that Reloaded never did. This file only works with the current version of the mod.

SLV_PeriodicCheck.pex

@Jordanheath91 I appreciate the clarity. Try this file in your scripts folder. Also enable Papyrus Logs.

What this script does is enable a bunch of extra logging surrounding the clothing checks. It's actually the version I run while developing. With this file your SESDetailed log will contain a lot of mentions surrounding the
CheckNPCEquipment() function and the CheckClothing() functions. Try it again with this script active. Then examine the SESDetailed log. This should tell us why it has made the decision it has. If you upload the log I can help you poke through it. I will need to know the formid and editorid of what armor I am looking for though. And it wouldn't hurt to know the name of the NPC.

SLV_PeriodicCheck.pex

Edited by kaxat
Also upload the SES log please.

Hey so I noticed Enforcer wasn't working anymore in my Skyrim AE game, the console show these messages continuously (pictured below), even if I try to disable Enforcer with the hotkey or via mcm... I'm still using 0.5, and upgrading to 0.7 doesn't seem to fix it

Everything was fine and dandy before, I don't know what broke it... any ideas?

Here's papyrus log 

Papyrus.0.log

image.jpeg.8fcf0ac7b385820e4eefa505e055fa06.jpeg

Edited by Cleave

@Cleave That is insane :D . Never seen more than Attempt#3 in this mod. At least not in recent months.

Something real bad happened. I am perplexed as to what.

I could piece together a hacked script that would truly disable the enforcer. At least stop that from continuing. You could temporarily run it. But if I were you I would be more concerned about whatever caused that in the first place. My best guess is a severe hiccup in the VM at some point. Your log has some tell-tale signs that it you used a save cleaner at some point. Mine does to. ? But cleaners are labeled as dangerous for a reason. And that is the main thing I could picture causing such strange behavior.

If you load back to an old save does this problem persist? If you have a bunch of old saves can you load back to many of them and zero in on when this started?

Haha, busted! I did use a save cleaner, but I'm still early in my game, trying out all the marvellous new stuff that Skyrim AE can offer! But I thought I was pretty careful, and I didn't use the cleaner extensively.... but I've been having random freezes sometimes, never a single crash but some freezes here and there so I've been trying to understand what causes them (It's not Enforcer of course hehe), hence my uses of the save cleaner... to no avail ;) 

So I loaded an earlier save where Enforcer didn't loop infinitely and I'll pay attention and try to isolate the issue going forward, if it ever creeps up again.

Thanks for looking at it!

Edit: I also noticed that the message in the top left Slave patrols are doing a routine check is appearing every like 10 seconds or so, is that normal? I think the first time I tried this mod it only showed once but I'm not sure

Edited by Cleave