I've just encountered an issue on a couple of new play throughs...

When I get to High Hrothgar, the Greybeards are kinda of missing. I have a minimap mod, so I can seethe markers for them, but in the game world they are not visible or interactable in any way.

I've tried ot use the console to move them to me, but doesn't work.

Has anyone encountered this before? If so, any ideas on the mod doing this/possible solution?

prid 886B3
moveto player
disable
enable
resetinventory
unequipall

Anything?

Edit: Otherwise open your entire loadorder in xEdit and check which mod changes the following records:

[00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Non-Player Character (Actor) \ 0002C6C7 <Arngeir>

[00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Outfit \ 00039F21 <GreybeardOutfitWithHat>

Edit: How about this?

player.placeatme 2C6C7 1

Edited by traison

Neither console optiona has worked, and no errors given in the console.

Interestingly, the placeatme option creates another version of the NPCs - When I do it I can see a new NPC marker on the minimap. Move around and repeat a few times, get a bunch of markers, but nothing to interact with.

Time to hit xEdit...

Alternate textures is a different thing. I mean't literally a mod changing or providing that nif file.

There's only a few things I can think of to make something invisible, while yet existing in the world:

1. The esp records were changed somehow to facilitate this.
  2. What happens if the nif is corrupted or empty? Never tested this.
  3. The actor uses a custom race with a custom skeleton. What happens if the skeleton is off by say 100 units on the Z axis? Never tried this. You said there were some changes to the actor record but assumed they were ok.
  4. The alpha value is for some reason set to 0. If this was the case you'd still be able to collide with them I assume. You said there was no interaction.
Edited by traison

If they never move around then that kind of rules out all of the above, its not an invisible texture, its not a broken or empty nif, it's not the alpha value and it's not an offset skeleton. You can't move them to yourself (so its not like they're under the floor), and spawning a new actor does not make a visible one. Yeah I dunno.

14 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

The placeatme when in Whiterun: A marker is placed on the minimap, but still can't see Arngeir or interact with him

The 'placeatme' command creates a new NPC/object (generally a bad idea for a unique NPC)

Can you try

prid 886b3

tai

Maybe the Greybeards AI got turned off

prid 

On 9/30/2022 at 1:15 PM, Fredfish said:

The 'placeatme' command creates a new NPC/object (generally a bad idea for a unique NPC)

Can you try

prid 886b3

tai

Maybe the Greybeards AI got turned off

prid 

Got a console message that the ai had been turned off. Doing it again turned it back on.

Still no appearance of the NPC.