SOS and Sexlab

Hello,

I am completely new to modding. Been trying without any success to get SOS and Sexlab to work. I finally found a site that gives sorta step-by-step instruction (https://skyrimromance.com/installation/) got the game to load but there were no natural movements. I was naked and was told I looked real hairy and Bishop was in town but no Bjorn shop. When I hit Esc to check system the game crashed.  I have downgraded from 1.640 to 1.5.97. Upgraded back made sure to load the correct versions but nothing I do works.

Can someone pretend for real like I have no idea what I am doing and link a walkthrough or the steps you used to get these mods to work. I am using Mod Organizer 2. I tried Vortex but couldn't get it work there either.

TIA

30 minutes ago, loop_it1 said:

Hello,

I am completely new to modding. Been trying without any success to get SOS and Sexlab to work. I finally found a site that gives sorta step-by-step instruction (https://skyrimromance.com/installation/) got the game to load but there were no natural movements. I was naked and was told I looked real hairy and Bishop was in town but no Bjorn shop. When I hit Esc to check system the game crashed.  I have downgraded from 1.640 to 1.5.97. Upgraded back made sure to load the correct versions but nothing I do works.

Can someone pretend for real like I have no idea what I am doing and link a walkthrough or the steps you used to get these mods to work. I am using Mod Organizer 2. I tried Vortex but couldn't get it work there either.

TIA

First up, since the updates to Skyrim AE recently, the whole modding community is playing catch up to update the mods that rely on SKSE, which includes Sexlab and SOS.

Secondly, from the skyrim versions you mention, I gather you are using Skyrim AE (Anniversary Edition). The forum you posted on now is specifically for Skyrim LE (Legendary Edtion). Not a major issue of course, but you might not get the information you are looking for here, since AE and LE are two different "beasts". The forum for SE (Special Edition) and AE is here. And yes, all the different versions can be a tad confusing. For reference: Skyrim LE is the original release of Skyrim with the official DLCs combined. Skyrim SE is the updated edition. And Skyrim AE is pretty much SE + the (free) Creation Club mods.

Since you say you are new to modding Skyrim (whichever version), you should really first read up on how modding actually works and create a stable base game, before adding mods like SexLab etc. There are many mod lists out there which cater to all kinds flavours (like the skyrimromance site you found). From what I saw on that site though, that is mainly/only based on getting a "sexualized" version of the Romance mod and excludes the (pretty much necessary) base setup for modding Skyrim. A site that I personally find very helpful for setting up a good base game is STEP. This is a "vanilla like" setup and modlist with a lot of information about modding in general as well. You, of course, don't have to follow the complete list if you don't want to, but I suggest you at least read/ follow steps 1, 2, 3 (and perhaps 4.2 Extenders). That will help setting up the game and make it "ready" for modding. After reading/ following that, you can always decide which of the many mod lists you want to follow.

Hope this helps to get you started!

So I had to reload the game and all the mods...again cuz I did not realize I saved FNIS in the wrong place. This time all the animations loaded from there but when I am in the game when creating a character none of the sliders are working for fine tuning the body nor is the genitals tab. I try to make the changes in the game with SOS and Console but that is next to impossible. Now for sexlab I have SLAL loaded. I followed how-to but now nothing happens when I try to engage in sex.

Any suggestions?

TIA