Muse Dash Nude Mod

4 hours ago, k6s said:

My bad :classic_sad: Here are the pictures I tried sending earlier. I hope this time they can be seen.

Reveal hidden contents

sister2k6s_2.png.57a701f91a4ccb61c6c3c3591141f23a.png

Reveal hidden contents

sisterk6s_2.png.b51962dfafe8d0d4e48b4cf92c4df0c4.png

Reveal hidden contents

badgirlk6s.png.52b38718bc9990a1a18d49175d4ebabd.png

Reveal hidden contents

sleepwalkerk6s.png.66d5d3bc2a5eda19883e18d7e1d33817.png

The biggest issue are the limitations of editing the spritesheet as you don't have much guidance to wat points where.
TLDR: Editing image directly from a screenshot is easy, however editing spritesheet is a pain in the ass.
If you want to give it a go let me know and I will provide you will all the spritesheets and I can also further editing them (in case of white artifacts).

Spoiler

Mariza - Sister spriteshhet.
As you can see I made what would right in the moment of editing but when in game nipples was in the wrong place.
I haven't fixed it as I'm working on other projects...
image.thumb.png.d6881e67ce5b3428a2cce22f4bf4e49a.png
Past that there is unity supersampling and mipmap issue, that causes white artifacts.
Which cause the `fake alpha` to appear as white.
Some image editing programs uses a fake alpha when you use eraser.
What it does is replace color value with a 0% opacity white color which in turn when imported back in unity shows up again in unity as unity only treats black as true opacity.

That and spritesheet has borders limitations which if you go past these `borders` image will be cutout.

8 hours ago, k6s said:

My bad :classic_sad: Here are the pictures I tried sending earlier. I hope this time they can be seen.

Hide contents

sister2k6s_2.png.57a701f91a4ccb61c6c3c3591141f23a.png

Hide contents

sisterk6s_2.png.b51962dfafe8d0d4e48b4cf92c4df0c4.png

Hide contents

badgirlk6s.png.52b38718bc9990a1a18d49175d4ebabd.png

Hide contents

sleepwalkerk6s.png.66d5d3bc2a5eda19883e18d7e1d33817.png

Artwork is amazing! I hope you are able to recreate this concept within the actual sprite sheet. I am still actively compiling this mod, so rest assured I'll add your art if you upload it. Please let me know if you have any questions about the process!

10 hours ago, kireigoto said:

ok quick question

how do I remove the white artifacts

20230926214432_1.jpg

GIMP:

1. Save in gimp with `preserve transparent pixels`. PS: Do not work for me

Photoshop

1. Open Image.
  2. CTRL+CLICK on image layer
  3. Go to `Select > Save Selection`
  4. Deselect,
  5. Create black background behind the edited area.
  6. Save as... Super PNG
  7. Select Alpha layer for transparency.

HELP REQUIRED!

Hi everyone, I want to make my own edits but can't even get the mod to work... ^^'
I downloaded the BepInEx and texture replacer IL2CPP provided in this thread.
- Unzipped BepInEx in the Muse Dash folder.
- Created a plugins folder in BepInEx, then put the texture replacer .dll inside.

- Also made a ModImages folder in plugins. Put the mod images inside of it.

I then launched the game by clicking on the .exe which seems to have created new folders in BepInEx.
Now, here's my issue. IT'S NOT WORKING!

I would reaally appreciate if someone could help me go through the right steps!

8 hours ago, Elishuu683 said:

HELP REQUIRED!

Hi everyone, I want to make my own edits but can't even get the mod to work... ^^'
I downloaded the BepInEx and texture replacer IL2CPP provided in this thread.
- Unzipped BepInEx in the Muse Dash folder.
- Created a plugins folder in BepInEx, then put the texture replacer .dll inside.

- Also made a ModImages folder in plugins. Put the mod images inside of it.

I then launched the game by clicking on the .exe which seems to have created new folders in BepInEx.
Now, here's my issue. IT'S NOT WORKING!

I would reaally appreciate if someone could help me go through the right steps!

Does the game launch? Have you followed my troubleshooting guide here to test if the plugin is loading properly? I'm guessing it is since it is creating new folders in the plugin folder, but it may be a useful step anyway. Can you also send a screenshot of the layout of your game directory?

On 9/29/2023 at 3:15 AM, kireigoto said:
  Hide contents

image.thumb.png.0a40c5e719f5b8f6fc3a6907b71e15d2.png2_joker_victory_.thumb.png.9503bac409fa08723ee9bf2478df2390.pngchar_1_bunny_.thumb.png.12ab03884adf0ae11426c5ec6da9e70d.png

Not sure what you used to modify the textures, but this is the same transparency issue as other people have had. I will be adding this short guide to the main page:

Step 1: Open the png in GIMP.

Step 2: Right click anywhere in the image, Select -> By Color

Spoiler

Step1.png.299142220d73fec0fb91fff8966eecd0.png

Step 3: Under Tool Options in the left pane, ensure you have disabled "select transparent areas" and set the threshold to 0.0. Your Tool Options should look like the image below:

Spoiler

Step1.5.png.25ef986742d2cf8381037ab13c98dffa.png

Step 4: Click anywhere on the image that should be completely transparent

Spoiler

Step2.png.aba09d8e5d8c36d0fde5d6ec95edc903.png

Step 5: Assuming a selection was made and it did not select any of your artwork, press the "delete" key

Step 6: Export your image (don't overwrite, just in case something got messed up) and try the new texture in-game.

36 minutes ago, Crombinator said:

Does the game launch? Have you followed my troubleshooting guide here to test if the plugin is loading properly? I'm guessing it is since it is creating new folders in the plugin folder, but it may be a useful step anyway. Can you also send a screenshot of the layout of your game directory?

The game does launch properly, the character models are the same tho. I just tried your troubleshooting, a window does show up for 1 or 2 sec but closes afterwards. Here are screenshots of my game directory etc :

https://imgur.com/a/lziNgmF

1 hour ago, Crombinator said:

Actually, the black window is now identical to yours after rebooting my computer. I'll wait for the next steps!

1 - First and most important step in troubleshooting.
Check if BepinEx is recognizing the game.
How to do that ?
Extract it in game folder and run the game.
If It's being recognized it will automatically create all necessary folders.

2 - Extract TextureReplacer plugin inside plugins golder. (.../BepInEx/plugins)

As a sidenote: make sure you're putting the files in their correct place.

For modders...
Fortunately this game has unique filenames for each model so do not include the hash in the file as it will likely not work for some users.
As I explained before hash can change between different GPU brands (AMD/NVIDIA/INTEL).

2 hours ago, Crombinator said:

Not sure what you used to modify the textures, but this is the same transparency issue as other people have had. I will be adding this short guide to the main page:

Step 1: Open the png in GIMP.

Step 2: Right click anywhere in the image, Select -> By Color

Reveal hidden contents

Step1.png.299142220d73fec0fb91fff8966eecd0.png

Step 3: Under Tool Options in the left pane, ensure you have disabled "select transparent areas" and set the threshold to 0.0. Your Tool Options should look like the image below:

Reveal hidden contents

Step1.5.png.25ef986742d2cf8381037ab13c98dffa.png

Step 4: Click anywhere on the image that should be completely transparent

Reveal hidden contents

Step2.png.aba09d8e5d8c36d0fde5d6ec95edc903.png

Step 5: Assuming a selection was made and it did not select any of your artwork, press the "delete" key

Step 6: Export your image (don't overwrite, just in case something got messed up) and try the new texture in-game.

Interestingly enough that doesn't work for me ~.~
image.png.3d816d90d3e806550e85d1507bf22fb2.png

1 hour ago, Elishuu683 said:

Actually, the black window is now identical to yours after rebooting my computer. I'll wait for the next steps!

It looks like you may have downloaded a different version of the Texture_Replacer plugin than I did. I'm not certain that it is the incorrect version, but it's worth giving a shot at downloading the other one:

thisone.png.f0d170fa1864b70fd87b34ba7bb3408a.png

Only put the Texture_Replacer_il2cpp.dll file into the plugins folder. Don't forget to remove the one that's already there! Let me know if that works for you!

8 minutes ago, The Butler said:

Would you be able to upload the texture? I'd like to inspect it in GIMP. Also, looking at this image, I don't notice any white artifacts that are apparent, but I might just be dumb. Do you mind marking them for me?

12 minutes ago, Crombinator said:

Would you be able to upload the texture? I'd like to inspect it in GIMP. Also, looking at this image, I don't notice any white artifacts that are apparent, but I might just be dumb. Do you mind marking them for me?

Always had that issue, regardless if I used, Sai2 (usually my main painting tool, Photoshop, ClipPaint, Krita, Paint.net.
Could never achieve the complete.
My fix for that was doing some tricks on Photoshop, it works however it will fuck up on areas with soft transparency, it would became slightly black.

HatsuneMiku.7z

16 minutes ago, Crombinator said:

It looks like you may have downloaded a different version of the Texture_Replacer plugin than I did. I'm not certain that it is the incorrect version, but it's worth giving a shot at downloading the other one:

thisone.png.f0d170fa1864b70fd87b34ba7bb3408a.png

Only put the Texture_Replacer_il2cpp.dll file into the plugins folder. Don't forget to remove the one that's already there! Let me know if that works for you!

It's working now!

I do have questions tho. For future references, is there a way to know how all the assets are named? Main screen, chara window, win, loose, in game...?

Is there a need to re-do stuff after an update? Or is this method sustainable? 

And also, is it possible to extend parts of a character? For example, adding spikes on bad girl Rin's bat? Thanks in advance for the reply!

3 hours ago, Elishuu683 said:

I do have questions tho. For future references, is there a way to know how all the assets are named? Main screen, chara window, win, loose, in game...?

In the zip file I have provided containing all of the dumped textures, I left the names unchanged. I don't believe there are any duplicate texture names in the entire game, so for simplicity, you should simply remove the hash from the texture name. So, if the name of the texture is "1_bunny_main_show.png-CAB_1fd6176d9a3b3f7ecce2906879c9b03d-8717623917647907390.png" you should be able to remove everything after the first .png, so it would be named "1_bunny_main_show.png"

BUT

Be sure to include one final underscore just before the .png file extension. This has tricked me multiple times. Your actual final filename would be "1_bunny_main_show_.png"

Is there a need to re-do stuff after an update? Or is this method sustainable?

I hope this method is sustainable. I believe the reason the textures changed in a previous major update was a revamp for the character animations. It has been quite some time since that update and I'm hoping they never make a change like that again. If they do, all of the textures will need to be redone, unfortunately.

And also, is it possible to extend parts of a character? For example, adding spikes on bad girl Rin's bat? Thanks in advance for the reply!

While I'm sure this is possible, it's a feat I'm not willing to undertake. Potentially, if you used Unity to recreate the sprite as a GameObject utilizing the new textures, I assume you could somehow re-import it into the game, but It wouldn't be as simple as it sounds, I'm sure.

5 hours ago, The Butler said:

This is interesting. I was able to fix the issue by removing all pixels with semi-transparency.mikufix.png.f216e02608c46fa657f0d8d87dab6c10.png

This doesn't seem ideal, but there must be a threshold that Muse Dash does not interpret transparency. I'm going to try a few more tests and see if I can identify what that threshold is.

EDIT:

Okay, so I fixed the bottom of her breast, but it took some tinkering. There are some transparent pixels underneath, but selecting them isn't simple. There may be a way, but I haven't found it. Here's what I did:

1. Selected the area of interest (her breasts)

2. Changed the transparency threshold to 0 with opacity of 100% so that all pixels show as 100% opaque. This was ugly, but it revealed some unwanted white pixels.

3. Carefully delete all the pixels that looked out of place

4. Select the entire area of interest again.

5. Select by color, no transparent pixels, threshold 255, clicked any non-transparent pixel

6. Quick Mask

7. Reopened the file in a new tab, copy pasted the mask from the first file, Shift+Q to select Mask region

8. Invert Selection, delete everything but mask area

9. Re-open file in third tab (probably could have just done the first one)

10. Select area of interest, invert selection, copy

11. Paste into image #2

Really round-about way of doing things, but it gave me a decent look into what was going on and here's the output:

mikufix2.thumb.png.9d079191988cb6301c5e4eb6facaee2e.png

I cleaned up underneath her breasts a little, but I missed the sides. I'm not sure why some transparency does this and some does not. It could depend on what color the transparent (or semi-transparent) pixels are? Maybe the amount of white in the color?

EDIT 2:

Easier solution, but not perfect. Select the focus area, use the select by color tool (using intersect selection) without transparent pixels, shrink selection by 1 pixel, invert selection, delete. I'm not sure why this is so difficult, but I haven't found a better solution. I wish I could shrink by less than one pixel on average (because when you shrink by one pixel, it shrinks by more than you would expect because each selected pixel shrinks by one, so corners seem to shrink by two or three).

Ultimately, there are semi-transparent pixels on the outlines that are turning white for reasons unknown. I could have probably tediously selected them one-by-one and deleted them in the amount of time it took me to tinker, but this solution works for now, I suppose.

Here is the final test I did using that method:

mikufix3.thumb.png.481eb9bbabe56c6ed6d3e44dc6bb3278.png

Edited by Crombinator
5 hours ago, Crombinator said:

EDIT 2:

Easier solution, but not perfect. Select the focus area, use the select by color tool (using intersect selection) without transparent pixels, shrink selection by 1 pixel, invert selection, delete. I'm not sure why this is so difficult, but I haven't found a better solution. I wish I could shrink by less than one pixel on average (because when you shrink by one pixel, it shrinks by more than you would expect because each selected pixel shrinks by one, so corners seem to shrink by two or three).

Ultimately, there are semi-transparent pixels on the outlines that are turning white for reasons unknown. I could have probably tediously selected them one-by-one and deleted them in the amount of time it took me to tinker, but this solution works for now, I suppose.

Here is the final test I did using that method:

mikufix3.thumb.png.481eb9bbabe56c6ed6d3e44dc6bb3278.png

The reason of the white pixels/artifacts is due to unity Pre-multiply and mipmaping. 
When unity upscales or downscales the texture it multiply the semi-transparent pixels and causes it to glow in these cases.

Pre-multiply off
image.png.de9e3f7c6dd77a21c6bf673cd4a9d9bd.png
Pre-multiply On
image.png.0fdd9e8a096c954af8780e2183e17cec.png

Edited by The Butler