Muse Dash Nude Mod

On 3/10/2024 at 2:22 PM, Baninite said:

I followed all the steps and now my game won't load. I have the output log set to true to troubleshoot but it's nothing like what's been posted in the forum.

Please clarify the following details and feel free to PM me:

The platform (I am only familiar with the Steam version of the game. I will not support pirated versions of the game.)

The version number

The Results of the following troubleshooting guide found here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/198179-muse-dash-nude-mod/?do=findComment&comment=4135968

The precise problem you are having (ie. game crashes at launch; game launches, but textures won't load) I can't help with anything if I don't know the exact issue.

A screenshot of your folder structure (either in explorer, or cmd)

Please also explain, in detail, what happens when you attempt to launch the game. Does Steam hang on the "Stop" button and then switch back to play? Does the console every pop up?

On 2/27/2024 at 2:33 AM, GigaOtomia said:

I don't mean to rush anyone, but what was the verdict on whether Melonloader compatibility would be possible?

I'm not too familiar with Melonloader, but I have done some research and haven't found a universal way to load loose textures. Is there a reason you do not want to use BepInEx? If someone who is familiar with Melonloader knows how to load loose textures, please feel free to chime in and I will add the option in the installation guide.

On 10/7/2023 at 12:48 AM, The Butler said:

The reason of the white pixels/artifacts is due to unity Pre-multiply and mipmaping. 
When unity upscales or downscales the texture it multiply the semi-transparent pixels and causes it to glow in these cases.

Pre-multiply off
image.png.de9e3f7c6dd77a21c6bf673cd4a9d9bd.png
Pre-multiply On
image.png.0fdd9e8a096c954af8780e2183e17cec.png

It occurred to me that I never responding to this post. This was not intentional. I often find it again and go on long rabbit trails to try and find a solution to the premultiply alpha issue. Did you ever solve this problem? I've dug through assets to see if I can find anything in the scripts controlling premultiply alpha, but I can't using Asset Studio. I'm uncertain if I'm looking in the right place since I have little experience using Unity. I'm also uncertain if universally disabling it would cause problems elsewhere, but I've read quite a bit on the concept and it's rather confusing. Just rambling on my thoughts, but let me know what you think if you have the spare time! Thanks @The Butler!

On 4/20/2024 at 4:58 PM, Crombinator said:

I'm not too familiar with Melonloader, but I have done some research and haven't found a universal way to load loose textures. Is there a reason you do not want to use BepInEx? If someone who is familiar with Melonloader knows how to load loose textures, please feel free to chime in and I will add the option in the installation guide.

The reason is more that I can't use BepInEx and MelonLoader at the same time, not that I don't want to use BepInEx. I need MelonLoader in order to play the game with the Archipelago multiworld software. (archipelago.gg - with this, playing songs will also send items to the games of people you're playing with, and they can unlock songs for your game session by sending them to you.) However, I still want to replace the textures, and this is the only real solution I've found.

On 4/28/2024 at 9:52 AM, GigaOtomia said:

The reason is more that I can't use BepInEx and MelonLoader at the same time, not that I don't want to use BepInEx. I need MelonLoader in order to play the game with the Archipelago multiworld software. (archipelago.gg - with this, playing songs will also send items to the games of people you're playing with, and they can unlock songs for your game session by sending them to you.) However, I still want to replace the textures, and this is the only real solution I've found.

Why don't you contact to kumarin who made Texture Replacer?

The mod thread is on F95 as the link at the top of this thread.

There is a BepinEX plugin for MuseDash ModLoader, but it is not maintained since 2021.

https://github.com/BepInEx/BepInEx.MDML.Loader Oops, you are talking about different one.

Edited by ZeroCtrl
On 4/21/2024 at 2:39 AM, Crombinator said:

It occurred to me that I never responding to this post. This was not intentional. I often find it again and go on long rabbit trails to try and find a solution to the premultiply alpha issue. Did you ever solve this problem? I've dug through assets to see if I can find anything in the scripts controlling premultiply alpha, but I can't using Asset Studio. I'm uncertain if I'm looking in the right place since I have little experience using Unity. I'm also uncertain if universally disabling it would cause problems elsewhere, but I've read quite a bit on the concept and it's rather confusing. Just rambling on my thoughts, but let me know what you think if you have the spare time! Thanks @The Butler!

Issue 1
You can adjust pre-multiply by adjusting the meta file for that asset, but it's been a while since I did it so i don't remember.

Issue 2
Some important information is saved on the actual .png file. you can do a small and quick experiment by simply copying everything from a png file and pasting in a brand new png file. You will notice that texture will be fully broken, so my guess is that unity write important data in that png.

Workarounds:
1. Make thick black borders, however it will cause issues such as connection joints (where leg collect with main body) will have a visible seam.

2. When erasing use an aliased eraser, this way there will be no lefthover 1% opacity colors.