it says that the SKSE 65 is not running but I got it in vortex and it also says RaceMenu error(s): you are running SKSE version 0.0.0.0 expected 2.07.56 or greater. SKSE script version mismatcht detected (65) expected (0). please reinstall your SKSE scripts to match your verion. NOIverride plugin not detected, various features may be unavailable. Error codes (0)(1)(3).

how do I fix this cuz I have tried my best to trying to fix it myself and I would really appreciate if someone could tell me step by step or show me through discord.

Well, it appears Bethseda and Steam have teamed-up to make this more difficult and challenging than it ever needed to be...

If you have just downloaded Skyrim from Steam, it'll be version 1.6xx.  That calls for SKSE version 2.1.xxx (or something).

If you rolled back your Skyrim to version 1.5.97, you'll need SKSE version 2.0.20.

That is, unless Beth has released yet another update that breaks SKSE.  Then I'm affraid it's just wait for a new version.   ?

This might help...

Edited by Fiend71

Yes the newest one will be for the latest steam version.  Beth just updated like three days ago, so shit isn't going to work just yet, unfortunately.

I mean, of course you can run Skyrim from Steam, and play it, and having that SKSE version should work.  Just a pile of actual mods have yet to be updated.

I'm in the same boat right now.  My game died. I can re-install, and run the rollback mod, and have all my 300 mods work, or just do AE and wait...sigh.

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Not you, the OP. ?

Yes, sorry.  He did indeed just DL Skyrim from Steam, and has since started PM'ing me.  I've directed him to Just Don't's (ooo - didn't like that) tuitorials. :)

The "there it is" part was about the section he posted in, and my anticipation of your arrival (I jest)...lol

(might be She/her...IDK)

Edited by Fiend71
  • 1 year later...

Hi all!
Is there anything new? Have there been patches for SKSE64 so that it can run mods correctly again?

I've dug through the entire Google search several times, but I haven't found anything yet.
Maybe they can help me with something here.
And then in the neighboring topics they only complain that: "SKSE64 is no longer the same," but I did not see any advice there.

If there are patches that allow you to run mods correctly, I will be grateful for the links. :)

PS:
Sorry for my English - it's an electronic translation.

8 hours ago, Bibabubo said:

Is there anything new? Have there been patches for SKSE64 so that it can run mods correctly again?

SKSE has been compatible for a long time now. All you need to do is check which version of the executable you have and install the corresponding SKSE release. That's what the numbers mean here.

image.png.70062c3b50f32bed3fc09bda2c896e60.png

Then any mod containing a DLL file will need to be updated or compatible with that version of the executable and SKSE. No workarounds, no patches, no magic tricks. You check your version, get the correct SKSE and compatible mod files. If a mod hasn't been updated for the latest versions you'll need to remove it, replace it, or downgrade your entire game + SKSE + any mod with a DLL to a previous version and use that instead of whatever version of the exe you have at the moment.

I have the game version 1.6.1170.0 installed. and the newest and most recent versions of SCS64 (2.2.6) and Papyrus scripts. 
However, many mods (especially those taken from this particular resource)  they don't want to work correctly. 
Messages often pop up inside the game that I have "old DLLs" or old versions of Papyrus. In some mods, this is also displayed in the MCM and it is suggested to update them.  
Where can I update further if I already have the latest versions?

As for downgrade, I suspected that these mods could work on earlier versions, but I couldn't find a normal version of the older release on the torrents in translation into my usual language. So nothing will work with the downgrade advice.

4 minutes ago, Bibabubo said:

Messages often pop up inside the game that I have "old DLLs" or old versions of Papyrus. In some mods, this is also displayed in the MCM and it is suggested to update them.  
Where can I update further if I already have the latest versions?

Remember to use Address Library for that version too (it helps with some mods). But for others it's a matter of the mods being compatible with 1170 or not. Nothing you as an user can do, other than check you're using the correct files if multiple versions exists.

22 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Remember to use Address Library for that version too (it helps with some mods). But for others it's a matter of the mods being compatible with 1170 or not. Nothing you as an user can do, other than check you're using the correct files if multiple versions exists.

I downloaded mods only compatible with Skyrim SE. At least they were ALL from the Skyrim SE section. However, his version was not listed everywhere.

After a long search on the Internet, I came across such an interesting table (I really hope that maybe it will help me, and maybe not only me but also someone else - there are all the necessary links 🤔). I have already run through all these links and downloaded the files required for my version of the game. 
Here is the link: https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins
I don't know for sure yet whether my SexLab mods will fully work or not, since I am currently fighting with SexLabUtil, which does not fit my version of the game at all. 
It is strange that mods designed for my version referred to this mod in the requirements. (I downloaded all SexLab mods ONLY from the Skyrim SE section and never from LE) 

In one of the branches discussing problems with SexLabUtil, I came across a link to a mod that seems to replace the LE mod with its more complete version. 
Here is the link: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/8760-sl-triggersv12-2022-06-05/

But I just found her. And I haven't checked yet how much it will help me.

Edited by Bibabubo
1 hour ago, Bibabubo said:

I downloaded mods only compatible with Skyrim SE. At least they were ALL from the Skyrim SE section. However, his version was not listed everywhere.

Like I said in my first reply to this post, mods with a DLL must be compatible with the specific executable and SKSE versions you use. Which is something the website you're linking does.

Sexlabutil is included in SL framework, so as long as you have the correct one for your version of the game/SKSE and meet all its requirements it will work. A common problem is not using Address Library, or using the wrong one (in the context of Address Library the 2 main files are SE = 1.5.x executables, AE = 1.6.x executables).