[mod] SxB_Pregnancy Rules Patch

SxB_Pregnancy Rules Patch

Background

I got a little distracted defining some flimsy head-canon rules for SxB pregnancy and thought this might save others some time tediously copy-pasting species names.

What Does This Do?

Almost nothing. Seriously.

This is my edit to the Sexbound sxb_plugin.pregnant.config (specifically to the 'compatible species' table) to include a comprehensive list of species in vanilla Starbound. Having a complete table will allow you to really fine-tune the details of how pregnancies occur between species in-game. I've taken some time to break down and categorize the entire list of monsters and rare variants by type (as determined by my own head-canon). Your opinions on how pregnancy 'should' work will likely vary. Fortunately, you can make your own edits to this patch pretty easily as I've done a lot of the clerical leg-work for you in simply listing all the species individually. Based on the bulk of the work involved in creating this, this patch is primarily intended to be used in conjunction with Teratophilia.

I have also replaced the diapered-baby 'pregnant' status icon from SxB with an icon that I think is more universally 'descriptive'.

What Does This NOT Do?

This will not magically create Sexbound 'support' for all vanilla monster species. You will still need mods like Teratophilia in order to interact with vanilla monsters in the first place. Obviously, if no SxB interaction occurs, there can be no pregnancy. However, if and when Teratophilia adds support for more monsters, they are, in a sense, 'pre-registered' in this patch so pregnancy rules will automatically apply without a need for me to update this file. Creating pregnancy definitions for these species before they even have SxB support does not cause any issues as far as I can tell.

What Are 'My' Pregnancy Rules?

Again, this is all editable according to your own tastes, but, if you make no changes to this configuration patch, here is a summary what you can expect:

-Apex, Avian, Fenerox, Human, and Hylotl can impregnate [and be impregnated by] each other in addition to monsters I've categorized as 'fauna'.

-Florans can impregnate [and be impregnated by] other Florans in addition to monsters I've categorized as 'flora'.

-Glitch can impregnate [and be impregnated by] other Glitch in addition to monsters I've categorized as 'mechanical'.

-Novakid can impregnate [and be impregnated by] other Novakid in addition to monsters I've categorized as 'ethereal'.

Punchy. Punchy is an enigma and an all-around creep-ass weirdo (kinda like Mr. Mime for poke'mon). I didn't really know how to categorize Punchy so I've put him in his own 'uncategorized' category. Feel free to make your own determination on how pregnancies work or don't work with Punchy.

Requirements

Sexbound

Recommended

Teratophilia

Incompatibilities

Any mod that might revert or change the same SxB pregnancy values that this patch changes; namely:

-enableFreeForAll
     -enableCompatibleSpeciesOnly
     -compatibleSpecies

I don't know of any mods that specifically interfere but there might be a few out there.

Installation

Download the latest version. Unzip the zipped file and drop the now-unzipped 'SxB - PregnancyRules_v1.x.x' folder into your 'Starbound/mods' folder. Done.

Changelog

Spoiler

[v1.0.2] September 6, 2022

-Bigger oopsie. Fixed multi-name monster names to their single-word form to match Teratophilia/Starbound terms (Eg. 'fire gleap' is now firegleap). Now multi-namers and rare variants are pregnancy-capable.

[v1.0.1] September 5, 2022

-Removed 'Floran' from 'fauna'-based humanoid lists. Oops. Now matches mod description of rules.

[v1.0.0] September 5, 2022

-Original file post

-All vanilla species, monsters, and rare variants included in the compatible species list

Edited by SlicedBread
new version

This is pretty neat, I think for the sake of conveniences and the fact that probably no one really knows about it, could you also remove the OS time based pregnancies I have no idea why it was set to default as one of the final update and it's kind of annoying ?

"useOSTimeForPregnancies": true,

That line in particular in the "sxb_plugin.pregnant.config" to false.
I'm sure it'll save you the hassle of dealing with "why baby no come out" comments down the line regarding them waiting the right about of days.

I had been meaning to make a patch myself (I eventually gave up on the idea because I got lazy and SxB stopped updating so it felt slightly pointless) but now that you're here I'd feel redundant and there'd be comments about "Does it work with this other pregnancy mod" and so on.
Unrelated but that big booba mod, quite nice !

Edited by TheGroovyTemplar
6 hours ago, TheGroovyTemplar said:

This is pretty neat, I think for the sake of conveniences and the fact that probably no one really knows about it, could you also remove the OS time based pregnancies I have no idea why it was set to default as one of the final update and it's kind of annoying ?

I'm sure it'll save you the hassle of dealing with "why baby no come out" comments down the line regarding them waiting the right about of days.

I had been meaning to make a patch myself (I eventually gave up on the idea because I got lazy and SxB stopped updating so it felt slightly pointless) but now that you're here I'd feel redundant and there'd be comments about "Does it work with this other pregnancy mod" and so on.

Informative :D

11 hours ago, TheGroovyTemplar said:

Thank you.

That’s an easy enough addition. I’ve got mine flipped to false in SxB anyway and I would bet the majority of users don’t want to wait an irl week for their SxB pregnancy to come to term. Especially if they’ve got multiplepregs set to true as well.

4 hours ago, Ant Cant said:

Using os time for pregnancies prevents the time remaining from changing every time you warp to a different planet. This way you don't end up with 500 days on a massive planet.

Silly! Everybody knows if you warp around while pregnant you'll end up birthing Cthulu into the mortal realm.

On a serious note, this is a valid counter-point. I have attempted to edit the pregnancy lua script with limited results. Ideally I'd at least open up the possibility of setting the trimester length to fractions of a day with OST set to true. I made some progress in that I was able to set trimester length to fractions and the in-game pregnancy notification correctly displayed my adjustment:

log entry: [19:04:49.514] [Info] Chat: <SAIL> Oopsy! You were just impregnated by Fire Gleap, and you will give birth in 0.003 day!

However, the pregnancy did not result in a birth at the expected duration (.003 day is about 4.3 minutes). No obvious pregnancy error thrown in the log either.

I'll leave any extra OSTime related patches out for now.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
11 hours ago, shut_up2ye said:

I see "groin pregnant" in almost all mods, but doesn't this function work?

Groin_Pregnant files are used when a character with a dick is made pregnant. Like normal pregnancy, it is only visible when using a sexbound node.

4 hours ago, Ant Cant said:

Groin_Pregnant files are used when a character with a dick is made pregnant. Like normal pregnancy, it is only visible when using a sexbound node.

what you mean by "sexbound node"? For all the time I spent in the game, I did not notice this feature. Maybe it just doesn't work for me...As I understand it, your mods are related to NPCs, with consequences after sex, and not with the NPC models themselves

Edited by shut_up2ye
22 hours ago, shut_up2ye said:

what you mean by "sexbound node"? For all the time I spent in the game, I did not notice this feature. Maybe it just doesn't work for me...As I understand it, your mods are related to NPCs, with consequences after sex, and not with the NPC models themselves

A sexbound node is what you interact with to start a sex scene. This mod should enable male characters to become pregnant allowing groin pregnant files defined by other mods to be used.

23 hours ago, Ant Cant said:

A sexbound node is what you interact with to start a sex scene. This mod should enable male characters to become pregnant allowing groin pregnant files defined by other mods to be used.

well, I do not know, but it does not work for me))))) Maybe there are some XD tips?

Edited by shut_up2ye
  • 3 weeks later...