managing large numbers of packages and their attributes

So how do you guys deal with this nagging ingame sorting problem and chaos with categorization of all kinds of packages with large numbers of packages?

Did i miss something obvious or is it real that there is no easy way to edit attributes of packages in large numbers in an easy and quick way?

I mean i know perfectly well how i edit a single file in all kinds of ways so it will be displayed exactly were and how i want.

But i have more than 7k files in the mod folder and more waiting somewhere else because i cant add stuff to this mess anymore. So often i find a package that has rediculous tags, like a bikini top that is tagged for cold but not warm weather and such things. I have alone in the hairstyle folder 700+ files, and i am certain they are not all displayed when i leave the basic filters on in CAS because of missing tags. How should i ever check all files in one lifetime or even get them sorted properly if a tool like S4S my cc explorer let me go through the files quickly even with 3D preview but does not allow me to see such a simple thing like the category this package is attached to? Why havent they added some sort of custom patch tool which makes it possible to edit an entire folder with a specific goal? While they are perfectly able to provide batch patches that do much more comlicated operations like converting the content of very specific packages that are missing something or are outdated.

Please let me know that i am just blind and havent looked at the right place to find such a solution...