[Mod Review] Carnalitas Slavery Expansion

This mod is truly incredible and partially gamebreaking. You make money extremely quickly. However it balances itself in part due to its focus on maintenance of sex Slaves and Slave soldiers via a gold fee. Not a problem. It mitigates this by having the player designate their slaves prostitutes and forced labor. Another mod I have also allows the player to incorporate pit fighters. These 3 give the player a lucrative amount of gold per turn if managed correctly. 

The mod is great. You can make your own mamluks so to speak. Maybe even janissaries or ghilman. It's powerful in that aspect. You can even make a a slave economy of selling slaves. Probably not humane or right. But it was done historically. And since we don't have a trade system, this will do. 

A noteworthy thing you can do in this mod is breed characters on mass. Say you like how two male characters look or their traits. You can breed them to anything that walks. This will help your realm get knights, fill council positions, or court positions. It really depends on what your goals are and mindset is for ingame use. 

If you go down the blood legacy tree, you unlock the perks that allow you to inherit positive congenital traits. Why is this important? If you enslave your daughter (I know it sounds bad), you can have it so you use her as a breeding implement to get these traits faster into your dynasty. Why is this good? You start creating a lot of super powered dynastic slave heirs. You free them when you need them. Combined with a mod like force prisoner marriage and you can almost insure that your dynasty will have positive congenital traits or potentially permanently loyal subjects. 

A point on knights: (Champions or mamluk slave soldiers). Combine this mod with Martial Admiration or any cultural tradition that buffs knights and you'll have super soldiers that don't die (often in battle) and have high prowess (obsuredly high). 

Why is this good? It takes those youtube videos with over powered knights a step further. Why? You'll never ever run out of them. Why? The answer is slavery. Combine the court tutor (who should have an intellect congenital trait) with a high martial and learning skill, infinite wards mod, knighthood, and the cultural tradition of storytelling or northern stories and you'll have highly trained knights all the time. They won't stop coming if you don't stop breeding/educating them. You can also sell the ones you don't need or who just aren't as good for profit. Likely, they won't he able to hurt your knights due to your knights having high prowess and culture buffs as well as high knight effectiveness.

Mamluks (knights or champions): Forever loyal subjects. 

Keep in mind the perk where whomever you educate becomes your friend. This is great to have in part due to your friends (ingame npc's) rarely ever betraying you or going against you (murdering you). 

With the slavery exploit as describe prior you'll have a vast amount of powerful knights at your disposal. Which may lead a player to ask, what else can I do with them? Well if you follow history you'll hear about the mamluks and the janissaries. They were in part paid slave soldier who eventually were put in positions of power. 

In our games we can use this to our advantage. By putting our educated friends who were once slaves now freed persons in power, we can guarantee that our realm is kept safe and run by capable people. Not to mention if the rebel...a large army composed of their enslaved brothers will take care of them. 

This is also a good exploit to use when dealing with older slaves who arguably can't fight anymore and can hold a count title when you're over your limit. Hypothetically, when they die, the title should revert back to you. Combined with the player castration them before giving the title and you'll always guarantee it does. 

3 hours ago, LordDGP said:

Interesting to hear the possibilities to interact with my mod, thank you!

I am currently busy with RL work, when it calms down I will be adding fixes, feature improvements and new features.

Didn't want to flood your mod page with my review so I created a post for it. There's a lot interactions one can have with your mod. It changes the way a player can approach the game which is good. It's a different form of management not seen in the vanilla but did take place in history to some extent. It's a mix of the approach slavery post ban on the importation of slaves in the America's combined with the practices of military slavery in Islam. Be it mostly the practice of the Ottoman Empire and I forgot which Sultanate or dynasty started the Mamluks. 

1 hour ago, ptp190 said:

Didn't want to flood your mod page with my review so I created a post for it. There's a lot interactions one can have with your mod. It changes the way a player can approach the game which is good. It's a different form of management not seen in the vanilla but did take place in history to some extent. It's a mix of the approach slavery post ban on the importation of slaves in the America's combined with the practices of military slavery in Islam. Be it mostly the practice of the Ottoman Empire and I forgot which Sultanate or dynasty started the Mamluks. 

I was exactly thinking about Mamluks when I created the slave soldier category :P

25 minutes ago, LordDGP said:

I was exactly thinking about Mamluks when I created the slave soldier category :P

Glad you did because that's an aspect of the game I been looking for since ck2. In ck3 it's very much doable with your mod and current ingame function. Overtime, it'll be perfected with further updates of both your mod and the game itself. It's why I enjoy this mod so much because it filled that gap I was looking for. From a historical perspective and an artistic one. 

• 4 weeks later...

The effectiveness of this mod is incredible. With the objective of creating "mamluks" or "ghulams" (slave soldiers as knights/champions), you can create an endless supply of well trained knights. Done even to the point where you educate the best ones yourself, you'll eventually have loyal friends who can take titles in your realm. It's a great experience. It's also a good way to spread your religion if you have zealous rulers. I noticed I had county conversions and my religion get spread faster because of this. 

Keep in mind this practice of using slave soldiers was used throughout Africa and Arabia even beyond into Peria and India. So its historically accurate. Acceptance? I leave that to other players. 

2022_09_06_8.png

Edited by ptp190
  • 3 weeks later...

More reasons to play this mod, creation of The Barbary States. These pirates were important to the world's history. When most people think pirate, they immediately think pirates of the Caribbean and treasure island. Few know about the pirates of the Mediterranean. These corsairs were known to raid different European shipping lanes as well as countries in order to gather slaves. These slaves at times were given the option to join the crew or be forever lost to history in the global slave trade. Note: this mod is nice in that one gets to experience this sort of "slave taking" when playing ck3. I personally originally started playing this mod to make mamluks or ghulams. It lead me to try to make the black guard of Morocco. Now I'm playing as the Barbary States trying to be a pirate as I unite the northern coast of Africa under one leader. The traditions Hereditary Heirarchy and Tribal Unity are helpful for this. It is also a test to see how the loyal trait works. It is my hope to see if it's somehow learned by a ward. For I have been experiencing slaves killing each other. It is my hope that by finding out if the loyal trait can stop murders from happening so frequently if characters have this trait. It is also to see if one can somehow use this trait to actually give land to educated slaves who would be set free in order to make it easier to have more loyal vassals. 

2022_09_24_2.png