Captured Dreams Recreation Project

I was wondering about the community reaction to recreating Captured Dreams.

I have been increasinly irritated at not having Captured Dreams.

Veladarius pulled his mod.  He did great work for little recompense.

I have Captured Dreams LE but will use it for reference only.

Do not ask me to send you a copy of Captured Dreams LE, Veladarius did not give permission to do so.

I am interesed in creating a project open to the community for recreating Captured Dreams called Captured Dreams 2.

Veladarius created a lot of CD Devices that could be easily converted to 3BA 3BBB, but he did not give permission to do so.

I guess that means creating replacements?

I have started recreating the CD Mine complex; it will not be an exact recreation; but have the feel of the original.

CD2 Mine Complex

- The Mine Interior
- The Mine Exterior
- The Mine Smelter
- The Domicile for the Guards

Thats a big enough job for now, but I do not have working replacements for the CD Devices that get equipped in the mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, no responses after a week. Oh well.

I am naming the mod Captured Dreams 2. 

I am creating this for Skyrim AE.

Sorry, Skyrim SE does not work well on my system. 

The AE executive loads and runs fast; while the SE executive has huge load delays?

I have created new architecture for Captured Mine and figured out how to make synchronized portcullises. 

One will close and then the other opens a second later. One Portcullis will always be closed.

The guards will let people in and let people out.

To-do:

a) Recreate the Domicile for the Guards.

b) Recreate scripts for mine guards.

c) Recreate fxEffects light lighting, sounds, spider webs for Captured Mine.

d) Create nav meshes, boundaries, sequencing, and finalizing.

e) Recreate the rest of Captured Dreams? T.B.D.

The Smelter is done; but the mine door is in the mountain side rather than in a wooden shack.

I was able to recreate the many pieces of the wood mine shack but it always kept extending into the next wilderness cell.

I decided to try a mine door in the side of the hill and it stayed within the cd2xGrounds cell.

The Captured Mine is similar to, but not exactly like the Captured Dreams Mine by Veladarius .

I recreated the smelter (very similar to, but not exactly like the CD original).

A few pieces are exactly where they once were but most are not.

I discovered texture and terrain issues that had to be dealt with.

The smelter provides a necessary focal point for discovering the mine and would be expected outside an established mine.

The CD2 Mine Guards will need scripts, voices, lives, a domicile to live in and sequencing. 

The CD2 Mine Slaves will need scripts, voices, lives, and sequencing. 

Does anyone disagree with all female guards?  I currently at this time (unless the internet changes) have a way to create female voices.

Next: I am going to finish polishing up the mine and figure out how to recreate the domicile.

I discoverd that CK Ore Veins and CK Pickaxe Markers are very touchy.

Veladarius had custom mining scripts; I need to analyse and compare them to the default originals.

I created a custom script for the portcullis because I wanted to add in a delay property and it is possible I may later remove anything that I do not need.

• 3 weeks later...

@yountmgJust saw this topic- I think it is a great idea to recreate Captured Dreams in some shape or form and add to it. I also still have the LE version and have it as part of all my play throughs and am sorely missing this mod being further developed.
As long as the mod will be LE compatible, I am happy ? . Are you playing to faithfully recreate it or doing your own versions of CD? For me the best parts really was the Sub/ Dom Systems and the interaction with the Master.
Going forward it would be nice if there was more variety of the kind of devices she puts on you to wear for a certain time/ task and how she maybe trains you in device related fetishes. Again, having an actively developed mod in the style of Captured Dreams would be a "Dream" come true- I am rooting for you!

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2022 at 11:28 PM, yountmg said:

I was wondering about the community reaction to recreating Captured Dreams.

I have been increasinly irritated at not having Captured Dreams.

Veladarius pulled his mod.  He did great work for little recompense.

I have Captured Dreams LE but will use it for reference only.

Do not ask me to send you a copy of Captured Dreams LE, Veladarius did not give permission to do so.

I am interesed in creating a project open to the community for recreating Captured Dreams called Captured Dreams 2.

I run the SE conversion of Captive Dreams under AE ( currently 640 with DD 5.2 beta ) and it works just fine.

It has a few glitches but they are the same ones that I saw under SE so its no worse.

CD is a massive mod that was written over many years. 

Even if you don't replicate every feature it is going to be a huge task.

I wish you all the best with the project but I think you might be getting in over your head,

I also loved this mod, I have it still for LE, but do not play LE any more.  I think you could save work, by using devious devices for anything that was not unique in CD.

My favorite part was the quest that sent you to the high elf embassy as a slave. it was like watching a movie starring your toon.  there are mods that still check to see if CD's is installed.

good luck.

On 11/17/2022 at 6:44 PM, VirginMarie said:

The ultimate "new gen" CD would not use legacy frameworks.

Instead CD2 can be next gen using Toys&Love, and save yourself a lot of time.

How is DD and SL "legacy"? It's still being actively worked on. SexLab itself had recent updates too.

The Toys family of mods are good and well made but there's still plenty of people who use and prefer SL and DD and they're entrenched in many loadorders with so many mods depending on them. And yes, even though you can have all of them installed at the same time it's not always easy to justify fitting multiple mods that do the same thing into your loadorder.

8 hours ago, xLLUser said:

How is DD and SL "legacy"?

I don't think Marie was referring to them but rather a lot of the stuff in CD originally.  For example, like the custom devices it had and how it handled interactions.  (Note:  I have never played Captured Dreams, just read about it).

If you are rebuilding a massive mod with lots of devices and such, it would solve a ton of potential issues to use existing framework instead of recreating an old one and trying to bring it up to current SE/AE versions.  Otherwise you may spend the next year on bug hunts, which would almost certainly kill any project of this size. 

My understanding is CD had some major bugs already, and someone trying interpret what the original author was trying to do, why some of the code is the way it is,  and rebuild everything....you would either need to be crazy or be doing this like a full-time job. 

You can run DD and SL with Toys, so I don't think there's any replacement of them in this context. 

Though maybe I misunderstood. 

Edited by ttts1
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Sorry.

I created a really nice aternate version (Captured Dreams Mine) and then became really discouraged when the the AE version updated on me.

(note: only the physical mine, entrance, doors - no guards or scripts: still needed to path the surface but was thinking about adding the black smith buiding.)

A: I really do not know how to create devices for captured dreams and have them removed.  I have used blender, but not for skyrm.

B: I do not know how to create voiced characters/models for captured; although that is probally not as hard as the devices.

I wanted the sex traps and a way to get free of the sex traps that would not stop me from playing skyrim.

I am also not a fan on getting raped all the the time. I ought to be able to fight back instead of being instantly captured?

The first time I used sexlab all the males in town lined up for a gang bang and getting stuck in a never ending gang bang loop is not fun. 

The original out building for the cd mine had a sex device manufactory in the basement. So cool.  Brillant ideal.

They have re-released CD for LE and SE .

see:: Captured Dreams - Resored June 23 2023 4.15 File reupload

I think I will try it out?

I want to play skyrim again and I am thinkg about scaling back to nudity only.

Did a 4.16 version of Captured Dreams get released? 

The  Captured Dreams - Resored June 23 2023 4.15 File reupload doesn't crash my AE 1130 build but dosent load and I get a message that I need to update CD to 4.16...

• 2 months later...