1 hour ago, That_Maggot said:

I saw the video on my Cellphone and she looks lovely. (I don't know why it works on my cell but ok).

Changes skeleton... hmm, I been trying to see what skeleton does it change too but i can't find it and i don't know exactly what the script does because it says it changes to CharGenSkeleton??

But, where is this CharGenSkeleton that changes?

Capture.PNG.bee82fbb7ac889dcb4f1eda4590e2e2f.PNG

I believe it is telling the script to replace the skeleton with the _faceBones skeletons on and off. Swapping between normal and _faceBones. It seems to run this function on exiting and entering power armor as well, which doesn't break the physics funny enough. Unlike any other time it's being called with the face bones fix. Which kills the physics. 

I don't think this has anything to do with the ZeX skeleton or physics at all though. This seems to be a CaN specific bug that's happening. Even with just the normal mod and nothing else enabled, the characters face bones break after looks menu, but are fixed upon entering the CaN customizer menu after the bathroom. I have no idea what breaks the heads face bones after the looks menu. It is fixed with the customizer menu that pops up. Which then calls for the SetHasCharGenSkeleton to be false, then true. This works normally, but for some reason it either replaces with the wrong skeleton or corrupts the one that was there when using the ZeX skeleton. 

With the patches, the face just stays broken throughout the intro. 

This is with nothing but the CaN mod and the original Race Customizer requirement. One with original and one with my mod to help see it a bit better.

3 hours ago, Shreddy said:

I believe it is telling the script to replace the skeleton with the _faceBones skeletons on and off. Swapping between normal and _faceBones. It seems to run this function on exiting and entering power armor as well, which doesn't break the physics funny enough. Unlike any other time it's being called with the face bones fix. Which kills the physics. 

I don't think this has anything to do with the ZeX skeleton or physics at all though. This seems to be a CaN specific bug that's happening. Even with just the normal mod and nothing else enabled, the characters face bones break after looks menu, but are fixed upon entering the CaN customizer menu after the bathroom. I have no idea what breaks the heads face bones after the looks menu. It is fixed with the customizer menu that pops up. Which then calls for the SetHasCharGenSkeleton to be false, then true. This works normally, but for some reason it either replaces with the wrong skeleton or corrupts the one that was there when using the ZeX skeleton. 

With the patches, the face just stays broken throughout the intro. 

This is with nothing but the CaN mod and the original Race Customizer requirement. One with original and one with my mod to help see it a bit better.

Shucks, guess I'll drop this for now. Also, thanks for all the explanations of this issue and the reports of it.

Hmm... maybe we can fix this if we "re-do" this race just like the vulpine race or proto-argonian but is just an idea now.

Edited by That_Maggot
2 hours ago, That_Maggot said:

Shucks, guess I'll drop this for now. Also, thanks for all the explanations of this issue and the reports of it.

Hmm... maybe we can fix this if we "re-do" this race just like the vulpine race or proto-argonian but is just an idea now.

I was thinking the same thing, yes. Might have better luck doing so. I mean I already did some of the work so far with the mesh and stuff, might as well do the whole shabang at some point. I have no idea what other thing they tampered with the CaN mod, but it's definitely causing some issues. We can def make a completely new one sometime. 

Thank you a lot for testing it and helping with this.

On 8/6/2022 at 4:40 PM, That_Maggot said:

I think it has to do with the ocbp.ini I'm gonna try and see if i can add the race to this .ini and make ocbp work with the pony race.

EDIT:

Ok, to add jiggle physics to the Pony race with OCBP or OCBPC, you need to open the ocbp.ini with Notepad or Notepad++ that is in the Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins folder and below the [Whitelist] you need to add "aaaPonyRace:female" for the female parts, "aaaPonyRace:male" for the male parts and lastly for the Belly_Skin part you must add just "aaaPonyRace"

From this:

1.PNG.ea2f751eabd87fb6bef5942283c3130b.PNG

To this:

2.PNG.2183aea048146db7b8f2634bca71d315.PNG

And save the ini.

Here's a .txt for copy pasting the text:

OCBP Pony.txt 1.5 kB · 83 downloads

BUT,

There's a catch. To have the jiggle physics work with your character you must start a new game or leave Vault 111 or have Plastic Surgery (I recommend this one if you already have a Pony Playable Character and don't want to start a new game).

Read this post please:

you may want to either delete this one or update it to the comment lower in that thread that has all the replacement esm's. you dont need to go through the trouble of repacking several mods when all we have to do is find and replace a couple esm's.

1 hour ago, LunaLover69420 said:

you may want to either delete this one or update it to the comment lower in that thread that has all the replacement esm's. you dont need to go through the trouble of repacking several mods when all we have to do is find and replace a couple esm's.

Ok, should i add the CHW tutorial?

Added all the tutorials in a whole post so is easy to find everything.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/194729-pony-zex-extended-skeleton/?do=findComment&comment=3834365

Edited by That_Maggot
16 minutes ago, Lilith Valentine said:

thank you for looking at this
I use fusion body+
ZeX Skeleton
I will use these modifications for now
  it's a big help

No problem.

Also, you wanted a separated mod for each dino race right? because all the dino races share the same .esp but i can be done.

17 minutes ago, That_Maggot said:

No problem.

Also, you wanted a separated mod for each dino race right? because all the dino races share the same .esp but i can be done.

in my game I play as a human, but I like to create a diverse atmosphere, that's why I have argonian pony and dino in the world, the more the merrier
I use the racecustomizer mod that helps with not interfering with the human race
but I was reading about your changes I'm going to try it and see if my game can have this wide diversity by removing Racecustomizer and leaving only your pony mod

Ah, don't need to separate each species by type I like them all, I just wanted eskelton to be separated from player and human npc, for more compatibility... because of the shape and feet of this new race
sorry for the bad english

Edited by Lilith Valentine
On 8/31/2023 at 4:47 PM, That_Maggot said:

So, it turns out the problem the whole time was the skeleton in general with CaN. The normal skeleton had different ear bones than the faceBones one. Which in turn caused the face bones to break. I just put the faceBones ear bones into the normal skeleton and fixed the normal head ear vertex weights. I just eventually added the pony bones into the original human skeletons along with my ear fix. Works like a charm. The normal human faceBones positions work actually pretty good funny enough. Only took a few weeks to figure out........ smh. 

I decided to make it a standalone race eventually. Now I just have a problem of crashing when changing the race skeleton pathway away from the original base CharacterAssets folder. Otherwise it will work. Which isn't ideal because I dont want humans using the same skeleton. Even though the way I did it doesn't alter the humans in any way. It just adds the pony bones to em. Still annoying as I would now have to manually convert all the helmet armors and stuff to the scale for the pony heads. I tried everything and I am drawing blanks as to why it's crashing when changing the pathway of the race skeleton.

2 hours ago, Shreddy said:

So, it turns out the problem the whole time was the skeleton in general with CaN. The normal skeleton had different ear bones than the faceBones one. Which in turn caused the face bones to break. I just put the faceBones ear bones into the normal skeleton and fixed the normal head ear vertex weights. I just eventually added the pony bones into the original human skeletons along with my ear fix. Works like a charm. The normal human faceBones positions work actually pretty good funny enough. Only took a few weeks to figure out........ smh. 

I decided to make it a standalone race eventually. Now I just have a problem of crashing when changing the race skeleton pathway away from the original base CharacterAssets folder. Otherwise it will work. Which isn't ideal because I dont want humans using the same skeleton. Even though the way I did it doesn't alter the humans in any way. It just adds the pony bones to em. Still annoying as I would now have to manually convert all the helmet armors and stuff to the scale for the pony heads. I tried everything and I am drawing blanks as to why it's crashing when changing the pathway of the race skeleton.

Glad to hear you find a way to fix this. I think the skeleton crash has something to do with this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Skeleton Path Player CTD" Problem and its Solution:

For a while it was believed that it was impossible to have the Player use a race whose skeleton was NOT in the game's vanilla/default skeleton path (Meshes\Actors\Character\CharacterAssets\skeleton), but the reason wasn't known. The game would simply insta-CTD in that case.

This was a problem for any race mods that used custom skeletons, as making them playable required replacing the vanilla human skeleton with the custom race's own one, thus potentially screwing over normal humans and humanoid races. RaceCustomizer was made as a way to solve that issue, but it came with its own problems (most notably incompatibilities with anything else that also edits HumanRace/GhoulRace/SynthRace data).

Well, as it turns out, this isn't true.

As pointed out by Korean users on the Tullius forum (in Korean), turns out the game uses the main skeleton's name and path as a base to find the corresponding 1st person and FaceBones skeletons (which should be placed in a "fixed" offset path from the main file). Changing the path to the main skeleton also changes the sub-paths in which the game looks for the other two... which means those are missing, resulting in a CTD when the player tries to load them.

The solution: adding the missing 1stPerson and FaceBones skeletons to the proper paths relative to each race's unique skeleton path to make sure the game can find them properly. Which is exactly what this patch does.

Incidentally, this method also allows for separate male/female skeleton paths (and is in fact the reason the Tullius users were looking into it). Implementing them for these races is out of the scope of this mod, but it should be pretty straightforward by following the info on the Tullius thread should anyone want to do that themselves.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this on the Custom Race Skeleton Fixes - No RaceCustomizer Requirement I should have read this 1st hmm do you need any additional help with Race?

I was thinking of trying something like this:

1.- Rename all the pony skeletons to skeleton

skeleton_Pony.nif

skeleton_Pony_faceBones.nif

skeleton_Pony_female_faceBones.nif

2.- Put them on the Meshes\Actors\Character\CharacterAssets folder

3.- Do the same on the Meshes\Actors\Character\_1stPerson\CharacterAssets by renaming the skeleton.nif to skeleton_Pony.nif

4.- Change the path of the skeleton on the .esm

And test it out but i don't have that mesh you said you updated. Can you try this out?

Edited by That_Maggot
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 8:24 AM, Shreddy said:

Well that's the thing, it's happening on just the normal CaN. It's not specifically my mod that's doing it. All I did was create a new character, shrink and adjust the eyes in the looks menu, then accept the changes. Then when you switch to 3rd person and look at your eyes, bam. Physics work, but the face lost all of its facebone edits whilst the lashes keep the facebone edits. Resulting in the last image with the normal CaN mod. I made sure my mod wasn't anywhere activated or installed otherwise. This was a clean original CaN install with the skeleton files from here and the patches. I even tested with the skeleton files disabled and this bug still occurs. It seems the OCBP/OCBPC physics itself being activated is causing it but I don't really understand why. It shouldn't be affecting facial bones at all.

you made this higher quality head mesh? looks great!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 8/31/2023

Support for... i think everything?? (Is something is missing please comment)

Please follow the list below ↓ 

In my requirements I stated that i don't use Race Customizer so here's a more detailed list of requirements if you are going to use more pony mods.

1.- The CaN mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19040?tab=files&file_id=112112

2.- The Skeleton fix.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/56101?tab=files&file_id=222418

3.- My skeleton mod

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/23057-pony-zex-extended-skeleton/

4.- CaN - Pony Race Additions

5.- CaN Mane and Tail Addon

6.- Replace all your .esm's and .esp's for these ones:

CaN.esm 821.11 kB · 29 downloads

CaN - Player Pony.esp 111.25 kB · 30 downloads

CMark.esp 430.14 kB · 31 downloads

CaN Pony Mane Pack.esm 182.1 kB · 29 downloads

7.- (Optional) if you want all npcs to be ponies.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23109

All these files (.esm's and .esp's) have the new skeleton path in them, removed the Race Customizer menu and Spell changed.

You need to do this 1st to make the OCBP/OCBPC jiggles, CHW and HHS work without any issues.

OCBP/OCBPC tutorial:

Ok, to add jiggle physics to the Pony race with OCBP/OCBPC you must 1st have downloaded OCBP for Fallout 4 or OCBPC for Fallout 4, then you need to open the ocbp.ini with Notepad or Notepad++ that is in the Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins folder and below the [Whitelist] you need to add "aaaPonyRace:female" for the female parts, "aaaPonyRace:male" for the male parts and lastly for the Belly_Skin part you must add just "aaaPonyRace"

From this:

1.PNG.ea2f751eabd87fb6bef5942283c3130b.PNG

To this:

2.PNG.2183aea048146db7b8f2634bca71d315.PNG

And save the ini.

Here's a .txt for copy pasting the text:

OCBP Pony.txt 1.5 kB · 98 downloads

Proof:

CHW tutorial:

Also, by removing the Race Customizer the Classic Holstered Weapons System (CHW) works without the weapon disappearing.

Still, you need to do this first to make the CHW mod work with this Race.

You need to go to your Fallout 4\Data\f4se\plugins and locate the ClassicHolsteredWeaponsConfig.ini, open this file with Notepad or Notepad++. Inside this file we are going to add the new path of the skeleton for the Pony Race, so go directly to the [Extra] part.

From this:

Classicholts1.PNG.a4db93cc822714bbc770a743d93d5dcf.PNG

To this:

Classicholts2.PNG.fa663183da87f65ddde6e80adecf671d.PNG

Proof:

HHS tutorial:

To add the HHS support to the Pony race first install the HHS mod then you need to go to Fallout 4\Data\MCM\Config\FO4HHS open the settings.ini with Notepad or Notepad++ and go straight to [Race] you need to add "aaaPonyRace" to this section.

From this:

1.PNG.dfff85ac0e065576d95aa103d291fd4a.PNG.c23bb0b1aa9d98da0c4fdbc3c145655b.PNG2.PNG.c4738656c4e42eb6e89171389e21c225.PNG.88822b0f8af71773d2437c4b4c692131.PNG

To this:

3.PNG.0903ef8c478185897e3ff47cfdc92220.PNG.08cd7701fd1e7a3f7b66b540d7e9e42d.PNG

Proof:

10.png.fd1ee59ca74e167eb534570262c37b81.png.fdb59daa94387c2280ec352fddae4423.png

All in one post no dupes.

Oh my god, thank you so much for figuring this out for us! escapist's dreamland complete, with over 500 mods, and everything is working well.

• 1 month later...

I ran into trouble with the Pony race mod, using the fixes from this page and the characters look right, no broken parts or anything, but my problem is that RaceCustomizer or not, AAF doesn't detect any characters when trying to start a scene. How would I get AAF to detect the CaN Pony race? I swear it used to work like last year...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I just installed the mod along with a bunch of aaf animation packs. However I always get the error saying that it doens't recognize my pony character. I am using Mod Organizer 2 and I could really use help figuring this out.

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 1/11/2024 at 12:59 AM, DickChapman said:

I ran into trouble with the Pony race mod, using the fixes from this page and the characters look right, no broken parts or anything, but my problem is that RaceCustomizer or not, AAF doesn't detect any characters when trying to start a scene. How would I get AAF to detect the CaN Pony race? I swear it used to work like last year...

On 2/6/2024 at 8:39 PM, DrCreatio said:

Hi I just installed the mod along with a bunch of aaf animation packs. However I always get the error saying that it doens't recognize my pony character. I am using Mod Organizer 2 and I could really use help figuring this out.

I'll check it out.

Edit: Hmm, I don't have this issue but, what packs are you using?

Edited by That_Maggot

I know this is going to be a long shot but, thank you for this in the first place btw. I've managed to get everything about this working with only one thing outstanding which is the nude body will not follow any alterations made to sliders in-game with looksmenu. Altering and building a new body in bodyslide does however work. Outfits and clothing do work with the in-game sliders.

Any idea what could be going on there?