Vortex Zip question

Hello, 

Sorry for the silly question. I am using Vortex to control my mods. I have downloaded animation packs from this site and just dragged and drop the 7zip file right into Vortex.. Do I need to extract them first or does Vortex do that? 

Or do  I extract the zip files, and Copy all the items in the "data" folder and place them inside my FO4 Datafolder? 

5 hours ago, Armat01 said:

Hello, 

Sorry for the silly question. I am using Vortex to control my mods. I have downloaded animation packs from this site and just dragged and drop the 7zip file right into Vortex.. Do I need to extract them first or does Vortex do that? 

Or do  I extract the zip files, and Copy all the items in the "data" folder and place them inside my FO4 Datafolder? 

Don't extract anything unless explicitly directed by a guide or a mod author.  And there are extremely small number of cases you'd need to.  For example, when installing Buffout according to the adult guide, or if manually installing F4SE.  But with Vortex you don't even need to manually install F4SE, if can just be dragged and dropped.  So pretty much 99% of all the mods you are downloading outside of the Nexus, you are going to need to drag and drop into Vortex's drop files here space.  Always use your mod manager to install the mods.  Never put things directly into the data folder :)

Watch some videos from Gopher on Vortex and try and get to know its features before you get too far into modding.  Learning the mod manager is like learning how to drive a car.  You don't want to end up in an accident.  Read all the documentation on every mod you are going to install.  And if in doubt don't be afraid to ask questions.

Here is part 1 of Gopher's guide to Vortex.  You should watch them all, for real.

The other thing that is super important when installing adult mods for Fallout 4 is to meticulously follow the up to date adult guide.  Be mindful of the version numbers in green, as well as avoiding mods mentioned on the skip list.  And if you need help, you can join the AAF discord server and ask questions there.

Edited by Sgt. Marge

Thanks so much for the your reply! I watched the first two videos on Vortex modding those are very helpful! As is that guide! tons of information on there. One last question, since I didn't follow that guide to begin with ( I have mods installed other than the list like homemaker) Should I remove Fallout and reinstall everything to start fresh? Or Is it Ok to use Vortex to remove everything and start over that way?