Game doesn't save after sex - Workaround

If sims had sex, when I reload after saving the game progression (time, etc...) is in the same state as when it was loaded first. There's a new save file with a new date/time, but it appears to be identical to the previous save.

On the other way, if sims didn't have sex, the progression is saved normally.

Edited by Zebulon33
9 hours ago, Zebulon33 said:

If sims had sex, when I reload after saving the game progression (time, etc...) is in the same state as when it was loaded first. There's a new save file with a new date/time, but it appears to be identical to the previous save.

On the other way, if sims didn't have sex, the progression is saved normally.

same thing been happening for me since the update

• Zebulon33 changed the title to Game doesn't save after sex

Same. I often change for my pictures ect. the scenes in build mode. I then often go into create a sim. As soon as I come back everything is reset since the update.

My WW settings are not saved either. My game also often points the camera at Sims that are outside of my lot. I don't get it ?

And my Sims are not werewolves.

Edited by xRina89x

There's a good chance you either have a broken save game and/or still have broken Mods installed.

Delete your localthumbcache.pkg again and...

Remove all Mods/CC and start a new save game and test as Vanilla first to make sure the game itself isn't corrupted.

Do an Origin/Steam Game Repair if you still have issues.

If OK then add just Wicked Whims version h + Animations and test them alone.

Still OK then add the updated MCCC & Basemental Mods and test again.

If you have any issues with any steps causing problems then stop adding more Mods and backtrack to try and find the problem before continuing.

CC makeup, etc., and BB objects are usually safe to add back into game but be aware that many CC beds were also broken with the last patch.   

I had it working for a bit with one save, then switched to another and then the issue returned. Went back to the first save and it's broken now too. I'm giving up for now, at least until they can fix the aging up issue with the game. I'm afraid I'll have to start all new saves at this point, and possibly not use WW anymore.

I didn't report anything, not sure how to even describe it because it doesn't produce an error message, and I can't figure out what is triggering the save issues.

Tested on new save game, cache cleared and it's the same. The only way is to NOT USE WW. And this makes me very sad because I don't play the Sims 4, I just play WickedWhims, so the game is now useless to me, just waiting for a WW update.

Edited by Zebulon33

Yep same here, I've deleted the cache, I've also done a game repair too ; playing in vanilla doesn't cause any issue of the sort, only when I add WW back in game, saving goes wrong.

However, saves that were using WW can still be played even after removing WW as I playtested on my main save, saving and reloading works without any issue and after playing around with other saves, I have yet observed any problem related to saving as it worked fine on my side. So yes, removing WW fixes the issue even on previous save so no need to start a new save all over, just note that any WW content will be removed.

3 hours ago, Zebulon33 said:

Tested on new save game, cache cleared and it's the same. The only way is to NOT USE WW. And this makes me very sad because I don't play the Sims 4, I just play WickedWhims, so the game is now useless to me, just waiting for a WW update.

The game update itself has bugs so you're not likely to see any WW updates until after EA has another hotfix/update next week.

If you make any new saves and overwrite your old saves it will break them.

Did you try just using WW + Animations on a new save without any other Mods installed?

(With this game update & bugs this might require you to not clear the cache until after it's fixed)   

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Did you try just using WW + Animations on a new save without any other Mods installed?

(With this game update & bugs this might require you to not clear the cache until after it's fixed)   

Yes I tried with just WW, new save, new characters and even WW v170i. The save bug is still present.

1 minute ago, Zebulon33 said:

Yes I tried with just WW, new save, new characters and even WW v170i. The save bug is still present.

Bummer, from what I've read it seems to be an EA game issue.

Wonder if playing the Vanilla game without WW would work?

That would really suck if true.  

ww is the cruelpit, removed all mods game works fine, added back cosmetica, all works fine, added back mc, all works fine, added back ww, change settings fuck any 1, travel to xx

game reset lost the ncp's i know it show blank, ww settings are reset to, even the last version of ww do the same thing, EA really fucked up the game, and ww even fucked it up more

even changing my npc and go back in game make all reset, after i have change the setting in ww

• Zebulon33 changed the title to Game doesn't save after sex - Workaround

After some reading and some tests, I think I found  a workaround. The save bug is linked with the reset of WW settings so it will resolve both. I have noticed that the reset occurred  when there is a loading screen and the sims stayed nude after having sex. So you only have to get your sims dressed after sex. If you have a save from before the update follow these steps :

- Load your save (not with resume, but from the file selector),

- From the city screen go into the gameplay settings and chose normal lifespan,

- After this, deactivate ageing for all sims if you want,

- Go in your family,

- Go to WW settings and fully check the setting to have them to get dress after sex,

- The game should work (almost) normally.

I am having this same issue.  The game saves just fine until a sex animation is triggered.  Once a sex animation is triggered, it reverts to the last save state.

Everything works fine except the sex animation.  New game, fresh clean install of WW.  Saves fine as long as you do not perform sex animation.

Tested and replicated on release version g, h, and i. 

Edited by vusmale

Can confirm, by all appearances Zebulon's workaround works, with the caveat that WW settings still seem to be... picky as to whether they will stay saved or not, so I suggest getting everything the way you want them, settings-wise, exporting them, then when you switch households immediately import your saved settings.

Thank you, Zeb, you clever git you. :)

1 hour ago, jennifer1993 said:

what to do if you dont have a save from before the update ?

I didn't either, and Zeb's workaround (with my additions) appears to have worked just fine. 

EDIT: Clarification: I have a multitude of saves from before, but was specifically using my saves from AFTER the update to try and get the workaround to work.

Edited by Ravanche