AAF Disables Input Scenes

42 minutes ago, DaemoniumDVEtMors said:

Sometimes AAF disables my aim/shoot buttons or my pipboy permanently (reverting to old save without completely restarting the game does not fix the issue). All other features of AAF seem to work (im using AAF Violate)

Just curious, were you the one posting to the AAF discord with the same issue?

Here are the things to try:

Generally, saving the game, exiting and loading back into the save should fix it.  But in some cases it's an animation lock.

Go to a settlement and long press V (or whatever button you have assigned to open the workshop)

Try turning on and off your pip boy light with Tab.

If those tricks don't help, next we need to look for animation lock using this post from Egoballistic as a guidline:

Open the Console with ~

type

diel

and press the enter key

It's going to give you an output like this

Spoiler

image.png.6d37455c77e2125174eef7dd63dff27e.png

Note that my image above are all currently "none".  If one of the layers is not "none" then you can try resetting it with the command

riel X  (where x = the layer in question)

So if my Layer 2 didn't say none I would open the console and type

riel 2

and press the enter key

that would reset layer 2

But this shouldn't really be happening very often, if at all.  If it is happening often, then you should start looking at things like your load order and if you have any other mods that are fighting with violate for the same functions.  Join the AAF discord if you need further support for this.

Cheers