No signed device drivers. Windows 7 won't install.

So I had a laptop that shut off during a Microsoft update so I had to reinstall windows 7 and erase everything then I tried to reinstall all 137 updates and the computer shut off again -_-

So I tried it again and it said the drivers could not be found. Tried it again this morning and it worked but the disk popped out so I got screwed.

I tried to install vista and it worked but the computer won't start normally. So I tried to upgrade to windows 7 but starting the computer normally was required.

Whenever I start my computer instead I get a black screen after the ASUS logo. And drivers still can't be found when I try to custom install windows 7.

Updates are worse than trojans

If your laptop came with a backup disc I would try and use that to restore your laptop. To be honest you should be able to just place your Windows 7 disc in the drive and boot from that. After boot install Windows 7 and your laptop should work again. If you can't get it to work then I would contact ASUS as soon as possible and explain it to them in as much detail as possible.

To me though it sounds like you just completely screwed your laptop over and I mean royally, maybe beyond repair without sending it back to ASUS.

It's a used computer so nope. I will have to wait for the drivers to display again. I wish Microsoft would pay for all this. They are the ones who have shitty freezing updates. I had over 200 mods that are gone now.

when you install your windows         before updating you need to install the disk driver of your computer ( it contains all drivers and files.inf that that it needs to fonction correctly    ' it is a CD/DVD  manufacturing always delivered)     after installing this cd/dvd you need to go to asus.com and try to make an update of every thing there (motherboard,graphic card, bios, hd, ide/sata etc....)  after than you can make windows update.

if it occurs again than do not do the update and refer to windows and asus of your probleme.

if your HD is not dead and you did not any formating    just grab another HD install windows on the new     and put your actual HD in a usb box     you will recover everything or most of your files

You could save the 20 by going yourself to asus.com ( with your serial n°)  and downloading the cd for factory setting (it is more easy to let somebody else to do it for just 20) .

You must make a disk image of your starting HD (there is free software on internet to do it) like this any probleme and you call back your start up setting and install. (the same with oblivion game and mods).

If you have access to another computer, and your BIOS support USB. Rip the Windows 7 disc onto a thumbdrive, make it bootable (easy autorun.inf file), Now download the Windows Service Pack Network Install and put on the thumb drive. Now go to Asus.com and download your network drivers, put them on the thumb drive. Boot into BIOS, make USB the first boot device, install normally until the first reset. At the first reset, you need to go back into BIOS and enable the HDD as first boot again to continue the installation. If you miss it and end up at the install page again, CTRL+ALT+DEL and try the BIOS again.

When it completes, create a new Admin user account, delete the Admin account that was created in installation, Install the Service pack network installer, install your network drivers, go back to asus and where ever and download the rest of your stuff. Install it all, create a new Limited User account, log in, enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived