FNIS 4.0 Beta 3: custom CREATURE animations are possible now

fore

YOU (loverslab folks) wanted it the most, you shall get the message first:

FNIS 4.0 Beta 3 is available, which makes custom CREATURE animations possible.

And give it a little head start, there is also a first mod available making use of the creature behaviors: FNIS Zoo  

Now I hope we will see many creature mods soon.  :)

post-9078-0-32140700-1373931530_thumb.jpg

post-9078-0-65955800-1373931559_thumb.jpg

post-9078-0-65112700-1373931578_thumb.jpg

Hallelujah! I'm willing to bet this'll be a creature modding milestone :D I can't wait to see what comes of it!

Time to make all the pretty doggies dance!

Why don't you laod the FNIS Zoo?. There is a doggie. Ok, admitted. Not moving bi-directional. :)

You're some kind of god damn Skyrim wizard aren't you!

This person used FNIS for hundreds of creature stills. I'm hoping we can see some movement added to them. http://brainsperm.blog.fc2.com/

If it's possible to make poses, then there is no big step to make moving animations.

O boy!!!

can't wait

hopefully wolfpack rape comes soon

There could be a problem. I've described that in one of the Readmes. THere is a strange dependency between dog and wolf behavior, which causes CTD on (FNIS) dog animations whenever there is a custom wolf behavior as well (both creatures are mingled as "canine"). I ohpe with custom races based on wolf we can circumvent this.

O boy!!!

can't wait

hopefully wolfpack rape comes soon

well I was hoping for better dragon animations (vanilla ones are retarded), but who knows ;p

But FNIS is not needed as animation replacers. It allows to make new idles. Idles only.

You're that fore guy heard about you and your honeyed words. :cool:

Which words do you refer to? My "Read description", when users 997 and 998 complain about half-T stance? Or that one guy listing 4 bugs, but none of them was caused FNIS. Concluding that FNIS and it's description was bad, thereby referencing guys like 997 and 998. I HAVE to respond sometimes, or I won't survive this craziness. I'm a developer, not "Dear Abby".  :D

i hope you manage someday to break it the weapon scripts fore, your mod is aweome =D

DIZ GAEM NEEDS SUM DEM THROWING POINTY STICKZ!

What do you expect from weapon animations? The problem is not so much behaviors and animations, it's the way the current combat system is integrated into the system. Hard-coded, like you cannot have any new weapon type. What could only be added are specific additions at many different places, all hand-crafted. FNIS is about mass production, at a few dedicated placed. One for idles, one for furniture animations, onr for arm offsets.

And we already had this problem in Oblivion, where there was no additional behavior barrier. No REAL combat enhancements because of all those restriction. However there were 2 "Fake" combat mods. CCAO (by the maker or Estrus btw), and DR6. There the combat system was "switched off", combat animations were done by AnimObject animations, and the combat effects were simulated. A lot of work, and issues to solve. 

For me this seems to be the only possible way for Skyrim as well. And for that there is everything needed in FNIS already. 

Archived