[modder/API question] Sexout facial animation issue

hello, this is a long shot considering how low activity this scene is and how few modders seem to be active anymore, but here goes.

ive put in a lot of legwork toward making brand-new animations for sexout, and have made great strides, despite the lack of any documentation toward integrating the idles themselves with sexout. but one issue eludes me.

facial expressions can be "baked" into an animation .kf by adding some controlled blocks, which allows for less doll-like blank stares from the actors. its no issue to get this to work for "expression" and "phoneme" type morphers, but for the life of me i cannot trigger any sort of "modifier" types, which is what controls eyes and eyelids. the actors are certainly looking better with mouth and eyebrow movement but id really like to be able to control the eyes too.

the worst part is, i am pretty certain it's sexout interfering somehow, and not an issue with my .kf. i know this because triggering the idle with playidle in the console plays all morphs just fine.

my only guess is that sexout is overriding the modifier with another, from a different .kf perhaps. i did notice sexout includes what appear to be its own set of face idles, but nothing is mentioned in the archived api doc about how to use them. searching through ALL my plugins for anything that uses them also didnt help, i never saw anything that used them, so im not sure they're relevant. i dont know how to proceed.

if there's anyone savvy enough still left around here that might know what my issue is, id love to hear your thoughts