College quest Hitting the Books won't start

After speaking to the archmage and completing Under Sarthaal, the quest won't start and none of the related NPCs (Urag, Mirabelle) will have any dialog options related to it.

What I've tried thus far:

-reloading earlier saves before turning in the quest, or back in Sarthaal

-setstage, startquest. Neither will do anything as if the quest didn't exist

-looking through any records with 'mg03' on SSEEdit and seeing if there was any mod overriding USSEP's changes on the quest; I couldn't find any

-disabling various mods which I thought might interfere with the quest or with the college

None of these have worked. Apparently this bug is supposed to have been fixed by USSEP a long time ago, but I couldn't find out why it persists in my game. My load order is attached below. Please, if you have any information or suggestions on why this is happening or how it could be fixed, any help is appreciated.

loadorder.txt

21 hours ago, Tlam99 said:

As far I remember, this elb with intercept you before. Maybe you missed him. Search Tolfdir.

I've tried speaking with Ancano, Tolfdir and Faralda before and after turning in the quest. Neither have worked. I did see a scene play out where they talk about the eye of magnus, but other than that I haven't been able to start the quest.

Edited by candykk