Crashing to desktop upon leveling up

Hi guys, welcome to the latest chapter in my eternal struggle to have a functioning modded Fallout 4.

My latest issue is that I crash to desktop the moment I try to level up.

These are my mods and load order.

Any idea what problem could be causing this, and how to solve it? Thanks in advance.

mods.png

Step 1:  Install Buffout

Step 2: ... That's it, actually :)

^^ this isn't as easy as it seems and tends to be a sticking point for a few of the newer modders especially, because there are more steps than just installing a mod would have normally.  If you think you already have Buffout, check your "\Documents\my games\Fallout4\F4SE" folder.  If you don't see *any* files in that folder that start with the word "Crash-" followed by a date stamp, then you don't have Buffout installed correctly.  If you don't have Buffout installed you will crash on the perks menu as well as many other places.

Check Saya's Up-To-Date Adult Oriented Setup Guide for instructions on how to install Buffout.