latest geforce 9500gt driver crashing game?

Guest wellbredbitch

Guest wellbredbitch

for the last three days my game has been seizing then my pc shuts down and restarts. windows tells me it because of my display driver failing.

i installed nvidia's geforce experience, a programme which auto updates the driver to the best version for my pc and skyrim. i installed it's recommended driver update and for a while everything was ok. today i reinstalled my skyrim and started a new game without mods. i can play for about five minutes before the screen freezes and my pc shuts down and restarts the same as it was before.

the steam launcher has decided my settings to be medium. the last time i played from a new install it decided my settings should be low. i don't have a different pc.

Guest wellbredbitch

all fine now. i lowered the settings in the steam launcher to low quality. no screen freezes and smooth combat now.

Archived