Some Problems with CS

Hello everyone .. I try to use CS to modify some mods esp But after I edit what I want and save when get back in game there is no change and some time the esp I change it not work anymore, here what I try to do but not work

-- I try open xeosp++& make it active with other mod ( like restore bruma mage G ) to change its new npcs looking  but no change in game & sure xeosp is load order after all mods I try change npc looking .

-- I try to open bravil underground esp and add some lights but after I save & resort load order a whole BU esp is destroyed and no light & a lot of npc is disappear 

-- I try to open OB unofficial patch and add more boxes in some houses & after I save no change in game.

I use CS 1.2  running through OBSE ( obse_loader.exe -Editor -oldinject ) with all administration windows privilege AND my game isn't install in ( C DRIVER ) 

ANY Tips is would be appreciated.

Maybe OBSE ?

bravil underground esp  is a esp with OBSE scripts.

Okay you open the CS with OBSE. You can also use CS Extender (it always use OBSE )

The  obse_loader Desktop shortcut  entry is

....\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -Editor -oldinject

!!  notice the " and the spaces  !!!

When you save a esp with OBSE scripts it can happen that the scripts don't work anymore (even if you have not changed the scripts. The CS will detect errors and save the errors )

And your game in C ?

Hope not in  C : \ program files .....  Because many tools might not work ( OBSE, Pluggy, archive invalidate, CS, ...  )

-------------

But the unofficial patch is without OBSE scripts... 

A save problem?  Not working administration rights?  So the esp is not saved.

A conflict with your antivirus program ? Set Oblivion to the exception list.  ( You don't have to play Oblivion online. I only play Oblivion when I'm not connected to the internet. )

I always set the whole Oblivion folder in the exception list.  I don't even know if my current anti-virus program is causing problems. ( Some Years ago I was not able to start the CS and spent a few days troubleshooting )

---------

I'm sure you know my

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbb-load-order-sorting-espesm-cleaning-cs-cse-body-stretching/

more about installation and CS

I recommend Construction Set Extender. It fixes a huge number of bugs.

The only downside is it leaves unnecessary scripts running when you're playing Oblivion, leading to potentially noticeable slowdown. Fortunately, someone in the comments posted code for .bat files to disable the scripts when running Oblivion and enabling when you want to use the CS. Substitute your Oblivion path in the files below and save as a .bat. You should be able to use them to start Oblivion and the CS.

Start CSE Template.txt Start Oblivion Template.txt

After you download the current version of CSE, I recommend that you use the below linked patch by Shademe, the creator.  Not implemented as yet into the current version, it fixes a slow-save bug with Idle animations* and creates a new layout for the Scripts Editor screen.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjyUCteFHEWwgYh0iBfHbBoKtOEXsA

You may need these redistributables as well if you opt for the above update not implemented:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

*Idle animations:  Working with the LoversIdleAnimations esp which has 1000+ animations, saving the esp could take 3-5 'minutes' with your editor stating it was 'Not Responding'   Shademe fixed it so it took a mere 2.5-3.0 seconds.

thank u all for replay

@fejeena  I know about your Guide ( which I thank U very much for it ) but I don't make any mistake from which u mention, my CS run through OBSE right and my game is install  in ( D driver ) and my antivirus + firewall exclude the all my games folder, Only one thing here I can't use the ( " ) in line  ( Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -Editor -oldinject ) windows reject it said not valid & refuse to save shortcut, I use the command without the ( " )  ( Oblivion\obse_loader.exe -Editor -oldinject ) 

@ppp I never use CS extender before, I only change few things & I don't touch mods scripts but I'll give it a try and report back here about the result thank U.

@LongDukDong thank U for tip, I'll follow it.

Edited by FrafdO
9 hours ago, fejeena said:

You need the "

Impossible in my system windows never accept ( " ) in any shortcuts, in target section or stat in section, I use both windows 8.1 pro & win 11 English version 

and also never accept ( Oblivion\obse_loader.exe -Editor -oldinject ) only accept full path in Target section like this ( D:\Games\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe -Editor -oldinject )

001.jpg.8796fda5401babeb73df3850dc818c21.jpg

Looks Like CSE  solve some of my problems, Tested with OB unofficial batch esp  add more boxes in houses and work

Thank U all

---------------------------------------------------------

BTW I don't know how to mark this topic as Solved

didn't see any option or button to do that 

--------------------------------------------------------- 

Edited by FrafdO

Yes the full path in target box.  I use WIN 10.  But the " must be your problem.

I see also in the box "start in" you have no "  and I have "   ( german : Ausführen in:  )  Must be a WIN11 problem. But WIN 8 should be like  Win7 and WIN 10 with "

But if CSE works it's okay. it starts with OBSE.  And CSE fixes many bugs of the CS.