New DMM Player region block (Error Code : 801) : SOLVED!

I see so many people still not knowing how to get the new DMM Player to work as usuall.

I allready posted the solution in other threads but it seems to get lost to quickly if its not a topics first post.

So here are several FREE VPN options:

TunnelBear - https://tunnelbear.com/

PsiPhon - psiphon.ca

Proton VPN - https://protonvpn.com/

You can also use most payed VPN like NordVPN (I use it at the moment, but tried Tunnelbear myself without problems).

Most important feature required is that you are able to select servers from Japan!

There a several posts on reddit about it as well, with more details.

Check out the following two posts, that will help you a lot:  (click on posts)

Edited by knight77
  • knight77 changed the title to New DMM Player region block (Error Code : 801) : SOLVED!

i am using VPN and was working until todays update

anyone has any idea?

did the same thing login DMM, run VPN, launch game but the launcher never pops up, not showing anything like error 801, but just STUCK at loading and nothing happens

needs HELP bad:(

thanks guys

14 hours ago, Betjia said:

Tunnelbear is dead.

Psiphon can't use connect-open launcher-disconnect method. It will give error "server can't be reached" 

This just costed me one login bonus because my unfortunate schedule.

Tunnelbear isnt dead. Just used it for entering.

Sometimes the DMM Launcher can tell you're using a vpn. It's best to connect your VPN prior to launching DMM. You can close the VPN and DMM after the VV launcher is popped up and loaded. Also, the connection issues might be server related. It was really laggy prior to reset. Might've been something on their end.