I've been trying to fix this for quite a while now, even installed a bunch of XMPSE focused patching mods like: NetImmerse Override CleanerXP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - Fixed Scripts and XPMSSE Weapon Styles Uncloaked in an attempt to fix but I for the life of me can't seem to get the XMPSE weapon styles to save.

Each time when I reboot the game, all of the settings in XMPSE's MCM menu just goes back to default. :(

Even forcing via the installer (Belt fastened quiver option in this case) doesn't seem to activate correctly.

Things I've tried:

- Reinstalling XMPSE

- Regenerating animations in FNIS

- Going to "Coc qasmoke" to remove the cloak spell

- Unsetting "Read only" from MO2's Windows File Directory (Which too keeps setting itself as read only oddly)

So I figured that I should ask around to see if someone might have an answer or solution to this. 

22 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

It may be different with SE but with LE you have to choose those style things during the install of XPMSE. (I think so anyway, I don't use them myself).

I've tried both actually, choosing the style during reinstall does nothing while adjusting via MCM/Race Menu actually works till the game is closed.

18 minutes ago, Arbiter_Belfast said:

I've tried both actually, choosing the style during reinstall does nothing while adjusting via MCM/Race Menu actually works till the game is closed.

It was just a stab in the dark - as I said I don't use them.

Are you from Belfast?

As another shot in the dark, (I suggest this is ran into trouble with it) check the ownership of any folders in question. Windows reassigned ownership of my program files 86x folder to "trusted installer" and I had to fight with it to give it back to my user profile. Not sure where you have your game or mod manager installed, but it might be your issue as windows will just apply the settings it wants to folders it thinks you aren't smart enough to modify.

Edited by TheWilloughbian
11 hours ago, TheWilloughbian said:

As another shot in the dark, (I suggest this is ran into trouble with it) check the ownership of any folders in question. Windows reassigned ownership of my program files 86x folder to "trusted installer" and I had to fight with it to give it back to my user profile. Not sure where you have your game or mod manager installed, but it might be your issue as windows will just apply the settings it wants to folders it thinks you aren't smart enough to modify.

Hmm, thanks for the input, let me take a look at my directories and check if there's anything of that sort. 

Is there a particular ownership parameter that I'm supposed to be looking for? Like "Read" & "Write" or something?

18 hours ago, Arbiter_Belfast said:

I've been trying to fix this for quite a while now, even installed a bunch of XMPSE focused patching mods like: NetImmerse Override CleanerXP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - Fixed Scripts and XPMSSE Weapon Styles Uncloaked in an attempt to fix but I for the life of me can't seem to get the XMPSE weapon styles to save.

Each time when I reboot the game, all of the settings in XMPSE's MCM menu just goes back to default. :(

Even forcing via the installer (Belt fastened quiver option in this case) doesn't seem to activate correctly.

Things I've tried:

- Reinstalling XMPSE

- Regenerating animations in FNIS

- Going to "Coc qasmoke" to remove the cloak spell

- Unsetting "Read only" from MO2's Windows File Directory (Which too keeps setting itself as read only oddly)

So I figured that I should ask around to see if someone might have an answer or solution to this. 

I suppose  if you use Racemenu,,  (and you may choose the racemenu  option when you install XPMSE), 

usually you need to modify style, scale. pos  etc about weapon setting  in racemenu not XPMSE MCM menu.

For me (though 1.5.97 runtime se user), I edit weapon style, or pos etc in racemenu, save it, then load it it keep my modify.

so I seldom use XPMSE mcm menu for any purpose I feel when I select racemenu version XPMSE.

if you use non Racemenu version for XPMSE, you may need to edit them in  XPMSE mcm menu.

Is there any specific setting you need to use XPMSE mcm menu, which racemenu not offer? 

and if you edit them in racemenu, then save and load return default? if it can keep your modify in racemenu, I think it work as it designed.. 

And I confirm my modify in racemenu (weapon section), actually change racemenu MCM option too. 

eg I change battlehanmmer style in racemenu >>> then open XPMSE mcm menu, now it change setting from default to my selected one.

so I suppose, with racemenu,  you edit it then confirm it in XPMSE MCM menu, not change it in XPMSE mcm menu. (it made so for racemenu version XPMSE I think)

and one more,, if you do not like to enter racemenu, after you made character etc, or hope to change weapon style or change pos, for NPC,

you may try this mod,, (though I think there should be many mod which may open racemenu without save as new character)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19353?tab=files

then pick 1.1 version. (I offered script to work for SE long time ago,,, then it still work for me)

Edited by greenmango12
8 hours ago, Arbiter_Belfast said:

Hmm, thanks for the input, let me take a look at my directories and check if there's anything of that sort. 

Is there a particular ownership parameter that I'm supposed to be looking for? Like "Read" & "Write" or something?

I set ownership to make sure my user profile and admin profiles had full control. But that's just how I like things. Some people may not want to remove all the safeguards like I do. Even then windows won't let some folders in the program files 86x folder have their ownership changed, but those are just the operating system files which I don't mind leaving protected. But when it's telling me I can't alter the Skyrim folder then I have to take issue. Just bare in mind the interface to do this is buried a little. You have to dig and it will fight you the whole way. But I'll be damned if my computer is going to tell me "No". There are plenty of tutorials on the web. Mostly about people needing admin rights to delete a file they made that windows decided they no longer had the right to delete. If you need any more help with it let me know.

Edited by TheWilloughbian
2 hours ago, greenmango12 said:

I suppose  if you use Racemenu,,  (and you may choose the racemenu  option when you install XPMSE), 

usually you need to modify style, scale. pos  etc about weapon setting  in racemenu not XPMSE MCM menu.

For me (though 1.5.97 runtime se user), I edit weapon style, or pos etc in racemenu, save it, then load it it keep my modify.

so I seldom use XPMSE mcm menu for any purpose I feel when I select racemenu version XPMSE.

if you use non Racemenu version for XPMSE, you may need to edit them in  XPMSE mcm menu.

Is there any specific setting you need to use XPMSE mcm menu, which racemenu not offer? 

and if you edit them in racemenu, then save and load return default? if it can keep your modify in racemenu, I think it work as it designed.. 

And I confirm my modify in racemenu (weapon section), actually change racemenu MCM option too. 

eg I change battlehanmmer style in racemenu >>> then open XPMSE mcm menu, now it change setting from default to my selected one.

so I suppose, with racemenu,  you edit it then confirm it in XPMSE MCM menu, not change it in XPMSE mcm menu. (it made so for racemenu version XPMSE I think)

and one more,, if you do not like to enter racemenu, after you made character etc, or hope to change weapon style or change pos, for NPC,

you may try this mod,, (though I think there should be many mod which may open racemenu without save as new character)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19353?tab=files

then pick 1.1 version. (I offered script to work for SE long time ago,,, then it still work for me)

I don't think so, I merely used MCM as it's more convenient than Racemenu, so I'll give it a try!

If it matters, I'm on the AE version of Skyrim. 

Thank you for the recommendation, I have since installed the mod and will test it! :) 

4 hours ago, Arbiter_Belfast said:

I don't think so, I merely used MCM as it's more convenient than Racemenu, so I'll give it a try!

If it matters, I'm on the AE version of Skyrim. 

Thank you for the recommendation, I have since installed the mod and will test it! :) 

if it related with AE version update issue, , I  can not offer any useful information.. ?

2 hours ago, Arbiter_Belfast said:

I've tried the mod but same issue, the styles never really stuck and it doesn't seem to be compatible with Enhanced Character Edit as triggering it shows a really messed up rainbow version of ECE itself. :(

I see now why you have experienced some strange things.

Though I had been long time ECE user, before, but after xpmse not full support ECE (officially),,  I do not think Race menu and ECE can work .

if you really hope to use ECE , I recommend, you give up to use Racemenu. If you hope to use Racemenu ,and XPMSE for Racemenu,

you may better to give up to use ECE, , at least about same profile.

If you use ECE for character edit only,  I may recommend, separate profile. (ECE version, and Racemenu version)

Though I suppose you can still overwrite some script file, then force it overwrite Racemenu offer script etc,

but after all, both mod author never say, it work for all.    Ece author may recommend Ece overwrite Racemenu,

Racemenu author may say Racemenu overwrite ECE, with lost some function for their counter part mods.  

To avoid these complex thing, I simply use Racemenu, and XPMSE for Racemenu.. if I really need to use ECE for character edit, I change profile..

About LE version, I have used both ,(with try to make patch, or un-zip then pick up scripts, and overwrite etc)

but after all, to keep mix use both , often cause issue, about Racemenu offer functions. (SKEE plug in and script related)

I know once start with ECE,  it feel difficult to change Character Creation mod,, but for me, after all both mod do same thing.

(And there are already plenty preset, for Racemenu too... ) but I do not push, you should use Racemenu,, but you may need to install

ECE and Non racemenu version XPMSE. then see if it work or not for you.  

Edited by greenmango12

And if you hope to gather info for your case (You seems try to use ECE + Racemenu + XPMSE  version))

I may recommend, change tittle. so you can gather real user who use both at same time, then set up their mods. ?

As my experience, so many key SE mods author now  use Racemenu as main Character edit too..  , and XPMSE never full support ECE anymore, so use both + use all function, both mod offered not easy. (though they will partially work)

For me to avoid any complex things, I prefer stablity..  so I dare to say, if I choose one of them , for SE,  and hope to change style etc in Game,  my answer is Use Racemenu only.    

I recently made the switch from ECE to Racemenu and was glad for it.  Mind you this was coming back after a few years away and I wanted a more up to date build. The version Skyrim SE I was running hadn't been updated since like the third patch after SKSE came out.  Here's a good tutorial for converting any Low poly heads you may have from ECE to a High Poly Racemenu one should you wish. You'll need the  CharGen Export mod from Nexus to export the head mesh as the ECE export function doesn't work. Good Luck and Happy Modding.