I have an issue with one of my character and how they can't have sex

I didn't know about the problem with stuck tokens so i was very far ahead in my game before i found out so i couldn't go back to that save. luckily i already got rid of the token but now whenever i try to have sex my PC and the NPC would just stand there and would go pass the duration i set (60s)

i am invested into my character so i was hoping there would be a solution that doesn't involve starting all over.
Thank you for your time, I hope everyone has a good day

3 hours ago, Muck3 said:

I didn't know about the problem with stuck tokens so i was very far ahead in my game before i found out so i couldn't go back to that save. luckily i already got rid of the token but now whenever i try to have sex my PC and the NPC would just stand there and would go pass the duration i set (60s)

i am invested into my character so i was hoping there would be a solution that doesn't involve starting all over.
Thank you for your time, I hope everyone has a good day

unfortunately the token is an indication of the script crash. The script is supposed to remove the token and perform other steps to enable animations for the next sex scene.

I have never managed to *fix* a save game in this way. Just removing the token isn't enough (note that both parties that have sex, have the tokens)

14 minutes ago, ChancellorKremlin said:

Unfortunately lots of saves/autosaves is the only way to fix some errors. Sexout is not 100% bug free (and the notoriously buggy/temperamental Fallout 3/NV engine doesn't help) so if you are investing into a long playthrough, save often. I usually save before every sex scene. 

Another tip is the use CASM for autosaving, so you won't forget.

1 hour ago, dborg2 said:

unfortunately the token is an indication of the script crash. The script is supposed to remove the token and perform other steps to enable animations for the next sex scene.

I have never managed to *fix* a save game in this way. Just removing the token isn't enough (note that both parties that have sex, have the tokens)

so if i understand right there is no way to fix the script? or is it possible?  

Well maybe there's an alternative, if "i was very far ahead in my game" means something else than a mod involving Sexout, like vanilla, quest mods etc. I guess a clean save without Sexout would purge any problems, what you say @dborg2?

Edited by A.J.
10 hours ago, A.J. said:

Well maybe there's an alternative, if "i was very far ahead in my game" means something else than a mod involving Sexout, like vanilla, quest mods etc. I guess a clean save without Sexout would purge any problems, what you say @dborg2?

it is possible, but that would mean disabling lots of mods. if you have something like Vortex or Mod Organizer, you could just untoggle the sexout mods, try to start your save game, go to a shack or other small 'worldspace, wait for 3 ingame days. Save. enable the sexout mods and see if the game loads op properly with the newly made save.

you will loose all sexout related gear and quest progression.

2 hours ago, dborg2 said:

it is possible, but that would mean disabling lots of mods. if you have something like Vortex or Mod Organizer, you could just untoggle the sexout mods, try to start your save game, go to a shack or other small 'worldspace, wait for 3 ingame days. Save. enable the sexout mods and see if the game loads op properly with the newly made save.

you will loose all sexout related gear and quest progression.

would i lose the perks my character character got?

6 minutes ago, dborg2 said:

the Sexout specific ones you'd lose.

oh well, making this post and talking about it makes me feel like its worth restarting this character. Thank you for answering my question (even though it meant me changing my mind and restarting my game) and have a great day!