Make Skyrim Recognize Non-Vanilla Player Homes as Homes

This may have been asked already by someone else so I will apologize right now if it has (though I did look and did not see it). 

I was wondering if there is a way to get a non-vanilla home (a custom player house from a mod). I have several player homes from mods but none of them are recognized as player homes and that leaves me with the problem of not being able to send followers their when I part ways with them. I also cannot send adopted kids, or spouses there. A couple of the homes that I have seen and like are The Reserve, The Leveler's Tower (a cheat yes, but also makes a very nice player home on top of that), Black Tower (more of an apartment), and a couple others.

So the question I have is "how do I get Skyrim to recognize the other player homes as actual player homes that the player can live in?"

Archived