Hello everyone,

I recently decided to mod Skyrim Special Edition again for like the 16 billionth time, and I ran into an issue that I've never seen before and is rather perplexing. 

When running SSE Edit, or DynDoLod I get this error:

Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

This is in reference to it trying to find my plugins.txt file, and it is looking in Users\Name\Appdata\Local\Skyrim Special Edition. Now there are two things that are baffling me about this specifically. First of all, I use Mod Organizer, and Mod Organizer creates its own Plugins.txt file within Mod Organizer's directory (and yes i'm running these applications through Mod Organizer and I get this error, but I also get this error if I run these programs outside of Mod Organizer). The other thing that confuses me is that I visited Users\Name\Appdata\Local\Skyrim Special Edition and no plugins.txt exists there.

On top of all this, LOOT tells me that it couldn't find any manageable games on my computer, but if I use the built in LOOT that comes with Mod Organizer that works perfectly fine. 

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and how I can fix it? I'd really like to run SSE Edit and DynDoLod.

Thank you so much in advance!

OK, I figured out the problem. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, I've been struggling with this problem for days. I would delete this post if I could but I don't think I can.

If anyone has this problem in the future there is a really simple solution. Run Skyrim Special Edition once through the launcher. Like actually open the launcher, click play, let the game load, and then quit. I'm guessing this just recreates all the necessary files needed for programs like SSE Edit to work correctly.

Thank you all for your time!