[mod] Pregnancy Stage Graphics

• 3 weeks later...

What about compatibility for the graphics to show with children school and learning pregnancy? Reason being CSL has a option to override RJW pregnancy but still use RJW features but when I installed this it never showed since it was CSL pregnancy being used instead of RJW's. Was a pretty unfortunate discovery.

I don't really have the ability to do a PR to GitGud, but I think that instead of placing a dependency after the dependent to fix the offsets for you like a madman after your mod NUKED the original configuration ...you just patch only what you actually need to patch to make the mod function.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Patch>
	<!--Replace graphics for implanted pregnancy-->
	<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="Human"]/alienRace/generalSettings/alienPartGenerator/bodyAddons/li/hediffGraphics/RJW_UnknownEgg</xpath>
		<value>
			<RJW_UnknownEgg>
				<path>Belly/belly_cumM</path>
			</RJW_UnknownEgg>
		</value>
	</Operation>
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="Human"]/alienRace/generalSettings/alienPartGenerator/bodyAddons/li/hediffGraphics/RJW_InsectHiveEgg</xpath>
		<value>
			<RJW_InsectHiveEgg>
			</RJW_InsectHiveEgg>
		</value>
	</Operation>
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="Human"]/alienRace/generalSettings/alienPartGenerator/bodyAddons/li/hediffGraphics/RJW_pregnancy_mech</xpath>
		<value>
			<RJW_pregnancy_mech>
			</RJW_pregnancy_mech>
		</value>
	</Operation>
	<!--Replace graphics for normal pregnancy-->
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="Human"]/alienRace/generalSettings/alienPartGenerator/bodyAddons/li/hediffGraphics/RJW_pregnancy/severity</xpath>
		<value>
			<severity>
				<a0.9>Belly/belly_cumE</a0.9>
				<a0.6>Belly/belly_cumI</a0.6>
				<a0.3>Belly/belly_cumS</a0.3>
				<a0.0>Belly/null</a0.0>
			</severity>
		</value>
	</Operation>
	<!--Replace graphics for beast pregnancy-->
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="Human"]/alienRace/generalSettings/alienPartGenerator/bodyAddons/li/hediffGraphics/RJW_pregnancy_beast/severity</xpath>
		<value>
			<severity>
				<a0.0>Belly/null</a0.0>
			</severity>
		</value>
	</Operation>
	<!--Hide the belly under clothing-->
	<Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
		<success>Always</success>
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="Human"]/alienRace/generalSettings/alienPartGenerator/bodyAddons/li[hediffGraphics/RJW_pregnancy][not(hiddenUnderApparelFor)]</xpath>
		<value>
			<hiddenUnderApparelFor>
				<li>Torso</li>
			</hiddenUnderApparelFor>
		</value>
	</Operation>
</Patch>

As long as you don't need to alter the offsets, then don't!  Only change what you need to change.  This way, even if brand new pregnancy Hediffs appear, like we had going on here (two were added), you won't entirely nuke their original configuration and you'll have some free sideways compatibility.  And then you can go on not bothering to keep the mod up-to-date with its parent mod with minimal consequences!  ?

The most important change to the belly addon that rimnude has done is that it has the bodypart tag of torso now, rather than just leaving the bodypart node out. Which was found to be the cause of Babies and Children duplicating addons. So this mod and cumflation graphics is still causing it.

On 8/24/2022 at 3:38 PM, TaleirFox said:

I don't really have the ability to do a PR to GitGud, but I think that instead of placing a dependency after the dependent to fix the offsets for you like a madman after your mod NUKED the original configuration ...you just patch only what you actually need to patch to make the mod function.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Patch>
	<!--Replace graphics for implanted pregnancy-->
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="Human"]/alienRace/generalSettings/alienPartGenerator/bodyAddons/li/hediffGraphics/RJW_UnknownEgg</xpath>
		<value>
			<RJW_UnknownEgg>
			</RJW_UnknownEgg>
		</value>
	</Operation>
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="Human"]/alienRace/generalSettings/alienPartGenerator/bodyAddons/li/hediffGraphics/RJW_InsectHiveEgg</xpath>
		<value>
			<RJW_InsectHiveEgg>
			</RJW_InsectHiveEgg>
		</value>
	</Operation>
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="Human"]/alienRace/generalSettings/alienPartGenerator/bodyAddons/li/hediffGraphics/RJW_pregnancy_mech</xpath>
		<value>
			<RJW_pregnancy_mech>
			</RJW_pregnancy_mech>
		</value>
	</Operation>
	<!--Replace graphics for normal pregnancy-->
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="Human"]/alienRace/generalSettings/alienPartGenerator/bodyAddons/li/hediffGraphics/RJW_pregnancy/severity</xpath>
		<value>
			<severity>
				<a0.0>Belly/null</a0.0>
			</severity>
		</value>
	</Operation>
	<!--Replace graphics for beast pregnancy-->
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="Human"]/alienRace/generalSettings/alienPartGenerator/bodyAddons/li/hediffGraphics/RJW_pregnancy_beast/severity</xpath>
		<value>
			<severity>
				<a0.0>Belly/null</a0.0>
			</severity>
		</value>
	</Operation>
	<!--Hide the belly under clothing-->
	<Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
		<success>Always</success>
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="Human"]/alienRace/generalSettings/alienPartGenerator/bodyAddons/li[hediffGraphics/RJW_pregnancy][not(hiddenUnderApparelFor)]</xpath>
		<value>
			<hiddenUnderApparelFor>
				<li>Torso</li>
			</hiddenUnderApparelFor>
		</value>
	</Operation>
</Patch>

As long as you don't need to alter the offsets, then don't!  Only change what you need to change.  This way, even if brand new pregnancy Hediffs appear, like we had going on here (two were added), you won't entirely nuke their original configuration and you'll have some free sideways compatibility.  And then you can go on not bothering to keep the mod up-to-date with its parent mod with minimal consequences!  ?

I don't understand why replace RJW_Unknown Egg, RJW_pregnancy_mesh, RJW_pregnancy and hiddenUnderApparelFor with the same values? And in general, thanks for the missing hediifs.

On 8/25/2022 at 3:19 AM, Tory187 said:

The most important change to the belly addon that rimnude has done is that it has the bodypart tag of torso now, rather than just leaving the bodypart node out. Which was found to be the cause of Babies and Children duplicating addons. So this mod and cumflation graphics is still causing it.

Is there any way to fix this?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A rimnude free version of this possible? Already mentioned a HAR free rimnude version in the main post if possible given all the issues with HAR lately. I would like to play with the pregnancy stage graphics but installing HAR, which has some serious instability and a literal memory leak lately in both stable and dev, is kind of preventing me from installing rimnude which this needs apparently.

On 10/29/2022 at 5:08 PM, skydragon92 said:

Is this mod going to be updated for 1.4, or did biotech make it obsolete?

On 10/31/2022 at 9:01 AM, ghostfalll said:

I have basically the same inquiry.

The use of the Biotech add-on is not required for this add-on to work.

On 11/21/2022 at 2:34 AM, InsanityPie said:

A rimnude free version of this possible? Already mentioned a HAR free rimnude version in the main post if possible given all the issues with HAR lately. I would like to play with the pregnancy stage graphics but installing HAR, which has some serious instability and a literal memory leak lately in both stable and dev, is kind of preventing me from installing rimnude which this needs apparently.

Rimnude and HAR itself do not cause memory leaks. Most likely you are using the "HD Pawn Rendering" mod, which has problems with version 1.4 and it is he who is causing memory leaks at the moment. Alternatively, you can use the "Pawn Render Patch for HD" mod, which does the same thing but works fine on 1.4. This mod is just an addon to Rimnude and therefore will not work without it, so there will be no mod version without reminded.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 10:40 AM, Akiya82 said:

Rimnude and HAR itself do not cause memory leaks. Most likely you are using the "HD Pawn Rendering" mod, which has problems with version 1.4 and it is he who is causing memory leaks at the moment. Alternatively, you can use the "Pawn Render Patch for HD" mod, which does the same thing but works fine on 1.4. This mod is just an addon to Rimnude and therefore will not work without it, so there will be no mod version without reminded.

You didn't know about the HAR memory leak? That is a thing. On that note I have never used HD Pawn Rendering so nope, it's not that. It's straight up HAR itself. Even erdelf admitted it although im unsure if it's been fixed yet. Might of been but I wouldn't know since I stopped trying to use HAR with biotech a bit ago with the constant problems. Simply put, HAR and biotech still have issues that make playing with them together nowhere near worth it if you value your pawns or memory usage long term and likely will for a while longer.

In other words: Some advice to biotech users, don't use HAR if you value you saves and performance until it's at least stable enough to not mess with biotech. So yeah, a HAR free version of this would be great for biotech users. Being an addon I can see why that likely won't happen but at this point a HAR free rimnude would only be good for biotech players

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

so i have been trying to get things to work and i figured that;

this mod depends on Rimnude

Rimnude depends HAR.

HAR somehow stop factions from spawning upon world generation except for player faction.

so is the mod dead in the water because of this or i miss something anyone?