How do I respoition rings using outfit studio?

10 minutes ago, BBTBBN said:

If I wanted to move a ring from one finger to another using outfit studio, how do I do that?

Also, how do I save my changes afterwards?

Use the transform tool (default F) to move the ring. Once it is in place, select the ring mesh, go to the bones tab in the top right, select all bones, and use delete from selected shapes. Make sure the hand nif is set as a reference, if it is the name will be highligted in green. Now select the ring and use copy bone weights. This process will make sure the ring moves with the left finger instead of the right finger.

When you are done, use File > Save As to save the project. The output data path should have the same name as the mesh you want to replace. It might be something like meshes\clothes\SilverRing. I think you want to check single weight output as the fingers don't morph with the body weight slider. Check the original ring nif and see if it has the hand in it. If not, uncheck the copy reference shape into output box at the bottom. Then you should be good to go.

9 hours ago, bnub345 said:

Use the transform tool (default F) to move the ring. Once it is in place, select the ring mesh, go to the bones tab in the top right, select all bones, and use delete from selected shapes. Make sure the hand nif is set as a reference, if it is the name will be highligted in green. Now select the ring and use copy bone weights. This process will make sure the ring moves with the left finger instead of the right finger.

When you are done, use File > Save As to save the project. The output data path should have the same name as the mesh you want to replace. It might be something like meshes\clothes\SilverRing. I think you want to check single weight output as the fingers don't morph with the body weight slider. Check the original ring nif and see if it has the hand in it. If not, uncheck the copy reference shape into output box at the bottom. Then you should be good to go.

What about export the ring without reference?