Setting up sexlab for Skyrim AE. Loads of errors?

10 hours ago, aurreth said:

You have both SOS SE and SOS AE.  You probably don't need SOS PapyrusUtil, since you already have the AE version of that installed.  And you probably need Address Library.  And the Unofficial Patch.

I need both SoS files to get it to work.

I get some strange papyrusutil errors although I use the newest AE version 4.3. Any idea what went wrong?

"You have the same StorageUtil.dll issues:

[01/24/2022 - 01:47:08AM] error: Native static function Load could find no matching static function on linked type SOS_IO. Function will not be bound.
[01/24/2022 - 01:47:08AM] error: Native static function Save could find no matching static function on linked type SOS_IO. Function will not be bound.
[01/24/2022 - 01:47:08AM] error: Native static function GetStringList could find no matching static function on linked type SOS_IO. Function will not be bound.
[01/24/2022 - 01:47:08AM] error: Native static function SetStringList could find no matching static function on linked type SOS_IO. Function will not be bound.
[01/24/2022 - 01:47:08AM] error: Native static function GetFloatList could find no matching static function on linked type SOS_IO. Function will not be bound.
[01/24/2022 - 01:47:08AM] error: Native static function SetFloatList could find no matching static function on linked type SOS_IO. Function will not be bound.

These should all be in StorageUtil.psc which should point to StorageUtil.dll."

45 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

I need both SoS files to get it to work.

Yes, you need two, but you have three.

You need to have SoS SE - that's the base mod with everything in it (but an out of date DLL)

You also need to have either SoS AE (which is just an updated DLL) or Sos PapyrusUtil (which is a reimplementation of the DLL functions in Papyrus).

You currently have both of these latter two, as well as the base SE version. This will cause issues similar to those you are seeing, so needs to be corrected first.

40 minutes ago, 3reaker said:

Yes, you need two, but you have three.

You need to have SoS SE - that's the base mod with everything in it (but an out of date DLL)

You also need to have either SoS AE (which is just an updated DLL) or Sos PapyrusUtil (which is a reimplementation of the DLL functions in Papyrus).

You currently have both of these latter two, as well as the base SE version. This will cause issues similar to those you are seeing, so needs to be corrected first.

I removed the SoS papyrusUtil and made a new save without MiasLair. The log was made in Helgen and it doesn't look good. What is wrong? Many problems seem to be vanilla files.

Papyrus.0.log

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

I removed the SoS papyrusUtil and made a new save without MiasLair. The log was made in Helgen and it doesn't look good. What is wrong? Many problems seem to be vanilla files.

If there are errors with base game files, then I'd suggest that you run a verify of local files in Steam to make sure that nothing there is corrupt. But I do know that sometimes the "official" files and scripts aren't quite as clean as we might hope.

The other option would be disable pretty much everything, and only incorporate the mods one at a time, starting with the toplevel requirements, and just adding to them one by one, restarting the game each time, until you see when it breaks.

4 hours ago, 3reaker said:

If there are errors with base game files, then I'd suggest that you run a verify of local files in Steam to make sure that nothing there is corrupt. But I do know that sometimes the "official" files and scripts aren't quite as clean as we might hope.

The other option would be disable pretty much everything, and only incorporate the mods one at a time, starting with the toplevel requirements, and just adding to them one by one, restarting the game each time, until you see when it breaks.

These are the top level requirements for any sexlab mod so I'm trying to figure out how to get them to work without already starting with problems ^^

2 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

These are the top level requirements for any sexlab mod so I'm trying to figure out how to get them to work without already starting with problems ^^

Yes, but since you do have problems, I'm suggesting that you go back a stage.

1 ) disable ALL your addons

2 ) run a steam local file verify

3 ) check that the game runs well

4 ) Enable SKSE64 and nothing else

5 ) Check that the game still runs

6 ) Enable PapyrusUtil AE (leave SKSE64 enabled)

7 ) Check that the game still runs

8 ) continue, one mod at a time, enabling one mod, checking that it is still working after every mod that you enable, checking for errors in logs as you go. As soon as you hit errors, check you've identified which addon is most likely at fault.

Suggested order for enabling the mods you have show in your screenshot

Skyrim Script Extender
PapyrusUtil AE
SkyUI
RaceMenu
XP32 Skelton
FNIS
Bodyslide
UNP Female Body
Fuz Ro D'oh
SexLab Framework

SOS SE & SOS AE (do both of these as a single step)

Labia Exciter Bodyslide

MiasLair - I don't know this mod, so don't know whether it can be split or not

Note, that isn't necessarily a load order, just the order in which to add them in.

3 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

I was told I need live another Life for sexlab so i installed it and the required USSEP. Now the log is even worse. What am I doing wrong? I should have all the right mods.grafik.png.52bc17cc0b2819c07afd98aa97e4b237.png

Papyrus.0.log 5.5 MB · 0 downloads

Been watching this thread, but I am at a complete loss as to what the problem could be.

Are you using Live another Life to start a new game and then exiting immediately before doing anything else?

You don't have to pick a destination to start from, just start a new game and when the character creation part is complete, exit the game.

Is that what you are doing?

3 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

I was told I need live another Life for sexlab so i installed it and the required USSEP. Now the log is even worse. What am I doing wrong? I should have all the right mods.grafik.png.52bc17cc0b2819c07afd98aa97e4b237.png

Papyrus.0.log 5.5 MB · 3 downloads

Like Fishburger, I am at a loss as well. From the new screenshot I see that you have PapyrusUtil AE installed. Since you already have SexLab Framework installed, you don't need that, because it is included in Sexlab. But that is not the cause of your problems.

Are these all the mods you have installed? if not, could you post your complete modlist, please? And I have no experience with Vortex, so I don't know how the "mechanics" work under the hood for that, so maybe I am missing something obvious, but for now... Absolutely NO idea what is going on with your mod install.

A little insight as to how Live another Life works, since you've never used it before (I think): It puts you in the Abandoned Prison, which is a quiet room. You immediately go to Character Creation and when done with that and you confirmed your character, all the other mods will start installing. The first papyrus log on a new game is ALWAYS big with loads of error messages (though not as big as you log). Anyway, wait in game until all the mod setup messages in the top left are done. Then Save the game and exit. Don't use the statue yet to pick you new life! That comes later.

Now, restart the game with the save you just made., wait a bit (30 seconds-1 minute) and close the game again. Now check your papyrus log. This should give a clearer picture of what is going on, without the initial mod installation messages and errors.  Hopefully.

Hang on, I just noticed something. Do you have the Data folder from SKSE64 installed? I don't see it in your mod list. You have to install just the Data folder as a mod into Vortex. Well, at least that is how it works in ModOrganizer 2. And put that as the first mod before the unofficial patch.

Edit: never mind. it looks like you do have that installed. It is 4:15am, so I am blind apparently. *eye roll*

Edited by ButchDiavolo
blindness
6 hours ago, fishburger67 said:

Been watching this thread, but I am at a complete loss as to what the problem could be.

Are you using Live another Life to start a new game and then exiting immediately before doing anything else?

You don't have to pick a destination to start from, just start a new game and when the character creation part is complete, exit the game.

Is that what you are doing?

I made a character, waited until sexlab was installed and then quit the game. I never left the starting cell.

5 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Like Fishburger, I am at a loss as well. From the new screenshot I see that you have PapyrusUtil AE installed. Since you already have SexLab Framework installed, you don't need that, because it is included in Sexlab. But that is not the cause of your problems.

Are these all the mods you have installed? if not, could you post your complete modlist, please? And I have no experience with Vortex, so I don't know how the "mechanics" work under the hood for that, so maybe I am missing something obvious, but for now... Absolutely NO idea what is going on with your mod install.

A little insight as to how Live another Life works, since you've never used it before (I think): It puts you in the Abandoned Prison, which is a quiet room. You immediately go to Character Creation and when done with that and you confirmed your character, all the other mods will start installing. The first papyrus log on a new game is ALWAYS big with loads of error messages (though not as big as you log). Anyway, wait in game until all the mod setup messages in the top left are done. Then Save the game and exit. Don't use the statue yet to pick you new life! That comes later.

Now, restart the game with the save you just made., wait a bit (30 seconds-1 minute) and close the game again. Now check your papyrus log. This should give a clearer picture of what is going on, without the initial mod installation messages and errors.  Hopefully.

That are all the mods I have. I used Live another Life on oldrim all the time without problems. I did wait a few minutes befor saving, reloading and quiting the game and creating the log but mybe I need to wait a little longer ^^

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

You have to wait until all of your mods have finished initialising not just SLF.

Have you tried playing the game or have you become obsessed with the Papyrus errors?

The basic game works. But I wanted to get a best possible start. And I want to use MiasLair/Sexlaves and that mod caused me many problems too.