View File

Here is a positioning mod for SexoutNG. Current Version: v0.3op (current version is SexoutPositioning-Odessa-Fix.7z)

If you have any problems with the mod, report them in the Support Topic.

Current Features:

When a SexoutNG sex act begins AND the player is involved, Sexout positioning will kick in with a message displayed that it's now active.

Once positioning is active it will respond to 10 keys as follows (NOTE: these are the keyboard 1-0 keys, not the numkeys on an extended keyboard):

• 1 - move selected actor forwards
  • 2 - move selected actor backwards
  • 3 - move selected actor left
  • 4 - move selected actor right
  • 5 - move selected actor up
  • 6 - move selected actor down
  • 7 - change selected actor (starts with B, then A, then C, then B again... will toggle select all actors off if it was toggled on)
  • 8 - toggle select ALL actors (keys 1-6 will now move all actors if toggled on, select previous selected actor if toggled off)
  • 9 - reset all actor positions to starting position before any changes were done
  • 0 - toggle sexout timer on and off
  • keys 1-6 take effect as long as the key is held down, keys 7-0 take effect after they have been released

When the sex act ends, Sexout positioning will shut off.

Current Issues:

• When the timer is paused, sometimes one or all of the actors will get redressed. (will fix with Prideslayer's input)
  • Toggling the timer on and off will not stop Sexout Lust from managing the Sexout timer as it wants to.
  • Foot IK is still active so moving actors up and down can be blocked by collision with the ground or the other actors.
  • if you're using the Groovatron, you'll need to remap the default key for GroovySettings from 0 to something else.

Debug:

• Debug messages are currently ON by default (later releases will include a toggle).
  • If you get an Abort message, positioning will be turned off for the current act (unrecoverable error).
  • Check console messages after an abort and report what happened in the support topic.
  • If you get a WTF message, something unexpected happened (some are unrecoverable errors, some not).
  • Check console messages after a WTF and report what happened in the support topic.

Credits:

• Prideslayer
  • Odessa

Change Log:

06-14-13 Initial Release.

06-17-13 Changes Main Spell to correctly ascertain which actor has the data needed in their NX vars.

07-04-13 Makes console messages more verbose and attempts to start clean each sex act.

07-04-13 Correction of bug that would have caused sex acts near the player to reset the player.

07-06-13 Added protection to spells so that if they are dispelled and then execute one more frame of ScriptEffectUpdate, they'll do nothing (no repeat of code).

07-07-13 Add a timer in SpMonitor to make sure that GetSelf returns an actor before giving up and aborting.

11-20-14 Uploaded new version containing Odessa and Prideslayer's updates.

I have a case where SexoutPositioning doesn't initiate at all during sex but I get no messages and there is nothing in the console. It seems to persist across different saves (older ones and saves with another character).

The only way so far to fix it for me has been to delete the mod, jump into the game, save, and then quit and install the mod again. It has happened twice.

Not much to go on I know, sorry. :/

However, it has involved powder gangers both times (since I'm in that part of the tryouts mod), and I also run the Tryout-PG Kennel-Beta.esp

Oh, and I'm not running the absolutely latest version of sexout either, I still have the version before.

Edits: crossed out some info that was wrong. I will continue to test.

I have a case where SexoutPositioning doesn't initiate at all during sex but I get no messages and there is nothing in the console. It seems to persist across different saves (older ones and saves with another character).

The only way so far to fix it for me has been to delete the mod, jump into the game, save, and then quit and install the mod again. It has happened twice.

Not much to go on I know, sorry. :/

However, it has involved powder gangers both times (since I'm in that part of the tryouts mod), and I also run the Tryout-PG Kennel-Beta.esp

Oh, and I'm not running the absolutely latest version of sexout either, I still have the version before.

Edits: crossed out some info that was wrong. I will continue to test.

The mod only activates if the Player is Actor A, Actor B or Actor C in a sex act.

The only case where no message is displayed is if the above is not true. Otherwise if the player is the actor that SexoutNGBegin was cast on, you should at least see "SexoutPos: Timer elapsed... moving on." and if the player wasn't the target of SexoutNGBegin you should see the following with the player in the correct A, B, or C position instead of the letter X: "SexoutPos: Actor not player but Actor X is... recasting on X.".

If you aren't seeing that and you know the player was involved, then something is very wrong and any information you can provide me will be helpful.

As far as versioning goes, it should work with 2.6.77 or above of SexoutNG.

It's very unpredictable as it is now. It works for awhile but then suddenly stops working and at that point it will never work unless I disable the mod, save and enable it again, which indicates that something is wrong with it. I can still see the text in the console: Time elapsed, setting actor A, setting actor B, actor C not found etc.

If possible, when it stopped working:

What/who were you having sex with.

Console messages that did display and whether you saw a WTF message or an Abort message.

Consensual or rape.

Basically anything that can help me try to recreate the conditions of what happened to you.

Good idea, Astymma, really something needed for sexout animations.  :shy:

But it doesn´t work fine for me either, it only works once, then it never works again, unless I disable/save, and enable it again, then it works, again, just the next time my character has sex, then stops working again.

I am playing right now only Msex Veronica, I supose all sex is considered rape with that mod, I am not sure. PC is always actor B, console shows commands from your mod, but I never had any message in the screen saying that the mod starts working, not even the first times, when it works.

I don´t know if any of what I said may be of help, I will try to copy what´s in the console the first time (when it works), and the next one (when it doesn´t work, actually).

Cheers

Can you two (nightwolf and sashalag) post your load orders? It's beginning to sound like you have a mod that's conflicting. I have been using positioning for over 30 hours of play and it hasn't failed once. Not that I don't believe you, I just think you are using a mod that I'm not.

First off, thanks for the work you've put into this. I wouldn't

bother with Sexout if this feature wasn't available... guess I'm too

'anal' about things lining up ;)  The only thing it needs is a throttle

to speed up or slow down the animations.

I have also been running into problems with the positioning

locking up after one or two sex acts. Basically the controls

no longer work and I don't get the "sexout positioning active"

when when a sex act begins. I either have to load an earlier save

or restart the game. The other features of the game still work,

and I can still have sex acts, just no positioning.

Incidentaly, when I started this game (new install) I had nothing except the DLC's

and the Sexout related mods, no Readius, Armor/weapon/goodsprings home

etc. No Smalltalk either.

Here is my load order:

GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
Sexout.esm=1
SexoutCommonResources.esm=1
SexoutPregnancyV3.esm=1
SexoutStore.esm=1
Readius_NV.esp=1
LessIntrusiveKillCam.esp=1
SexoutRapeGame.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
SexoutPositioning.esp=1
SexoutRapeGame(1).esp=1
weapons mods.esp=1
GoodspringsHome.esp=1
Smalltalk.esp=1
SexoutStraponSex.esp=1
armor mods.esp=1
SexoutSex.esp=1
SexoutBrutalRapers.esp=1

Your efforts are much appreciated!

Which version of this mod are you using? 0.1 or 0.2?

If it stops working completely, it's because the previous sex act broke it, not the current sex act... so that information is more helpful.

And please, and this is for everyone, actually post what I asked people to post when reporting a problem.

• If you get an Abort message, positioning will be turned off for the current act (unrecoverable error).
  • Check console messages after an abort and report what happened in the support topic.
  • If you get a WTF message, something unexpected happened (some are unrecoverable errors, some not).
  • Check console messages after a WTF and report what happened in the support topic.

I need more details to solve the problem. As I've stated, this mod works flawlessly for me. I realize that just because it works flawlessly for me, it might not for everyone. Thus, I need as much information as I can receive in order to duplicate problems.

Who or what were you trying to have sex with? The problem may be the type of NPC it was.

What sex act were you attempting and what mod initiated it? There could be a mod conflict.

Was the problem reported as an Abort or WTF... YES? An expected error happened.

If it was an Abort or WTF, what console messges were displayed. These identify what happened to cause an Abort/WTF.

Was the problem reported as an Abort or WTF... NO? An unexpected error happened.

What console messges were displayed. These identify where in the code things were working before the problem happened.

Seriously, I can't fix it without information. The mod is extremely complex and the more I know about what happened, the greater chance I have of figuring out what went wrong.

As far as versioning goes, it should work with 2.6.77 or above of SexoutNG.

Does that means that this mod only work, right now, with older versions of SexoutNG than 2.6.77, Astymma ?

I tried with almost a vanilla game, with only nude bodies and Tryouts, sexoutNG 2.6.78, but still the same issue:

First sex act, Positioning works fine, even the message on screen, but from that on, the message doesnt appear, but the console says the actors involved, and so.

Mods used in the last test (almost vanilla):

FalloutNV.esm

Sexout.esm (ver. 2.6.78, data ver: 2.6.79 )

SexoutSharedResources.esm    ( not used for this test )

SexoutCommonResources.esm  ( I used this one with the test )

SexoutLegion.esm

SexoutSlavery.esm

Centered 3d Person Camera.esp

The mod configuration menu.esp (last version)

SmallerTalk.esp

SexoutZAZ.esp

SexoutPowerGangers.esp

SexoutPositioning.esp

I hope this makes some sense, I just restarted a new game just to test it, maybe the problem could be having SSR and SCR installed together ?

Thanks for the mod (and all the others you made  !!!), I know it will work for me sooner or later :shy:

I need a few things explained for error reporting.

Are you talking about the debug toggle in the main Sexout menu in MCM?

I have that set to ON, and it shows position changes etc. I have seen nothing

obvious like an ABORT message, or anything that appears to be a failure

message.

The lockup has happened with men, women, super mutants, fiends and Rex the Wonder Dog.

I'm still looking for other things to get fucked by, except Legion guys - hate them.

Strapon equipped and not. I see no indication after the first sex act is completed that

positioning is still active in the debug console.

I unchecked Brutal Rapers, still a problem.

What are WTF messages? Is this literal or figurative?

Really, it almost seems to act as if the postioning mod is no longer installed, judging

by the lack of any obvious activity or references in the debug console.

You should also know that I sometimes change the FOV in the console when doing screencaps,

in case either of these activities could be causing a problem.

I won't be able to do anymore checking for a while, I will be away from my computer.

I'll be happy to help with debugging in any way I can when I return.

Well, what happens when it breaks is generally one of the spells it uses is left running. If that spell is the Main spell, it means positioning will never work after that act. You can temporarily reset Positioning by using "set SexoutPosActive to 0" in the console. It's a global variable I use to track if anything is active and setting it to 0 resets all the running spells... the spells check for 0 and shut down if that's the value.

This mod does not use SCR's debug system. It's currently set to printtoconsole a lot of messages the final mod won't have in order to assist you and I fixing it while it's in beta.

As far as versioning goes, I just said 2.6.77 or above to forestall a lot of problems with people attempting to use an earlier version of Sexout. TBH it works with any version of Sexout after Prideslayer added in my changes to the Positioning script in Sexout that records position variables as NX variables. The mod reads and writes changes to these NX vars to move the actors around. Sexout does the work, Positioning just changes the x,y, and z coordinates Sexout positions the actor at.

If Positioning seems to work fine and then doesn't work after that, it was that first sex act that broke positioning more likely than it being the second act. You can tell if the first act broke it if there's no Message displayed in the top left corner saying "Sexout Positioning is now Active." when you start a later sex act. this is why knowing which message displayed is important to me. The messages are located in the code at important stages of execution so seeing one or not seeing one tells me where the code broke.

There are two major error types in the mod.

One will display a message stating "Sexout Positioning encountered a fatal error... aborting." This happens when an error happens that I expected.

One will display a message stating "Sexout Positioning encountered a WTF." This happens when an error happens that was unexpected.

In both cases, the console messages displayed can tell me why both error types happened.

If you get no messages at all, no abort and no wtf... it's very likely that the previous sex act has broken the mod and left the scripts in a state where they can't continue because they can't reset. That's when you can enter "set SexoutPosActive to 0" in the console to try resetting the scripts. Currently I don't want to automate this reset because it would just hide broken code... I'd rather get broken code fixed and when we reach a stable state, THEN put in automation to reset the scripts hanging.

Anyway, thanks for the error reports becoming better and more verbose, I appreciate it.

I also wanted to point out that the behavior most of you are describing was a problem with version 0.1 and most likely fixed in version 0.2.

Open FOMM, left click the positioning mod and check the information window at the bottom of FOMM's screen, if it says:

SexoutPositioning.esp
Author: Astymma
Description:
v0.2 BETA
Masters:
FalloutNV.esm
Sexout.esm

Then you have the current version, if it says:

SexoutPositioning.esp
Author: Astymma
Description:
v0.1 BETA
Masters:
FalloutNV.esm
Sexout.esm

Then you have the older broken for sure version.

So just verify you're using 0.2 before reporting errors.... just in case.

The problem was that it stops working after awhile but I will try to use the reset command to reset it until I know what the problem is. You asked for my load order. Here it is:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
MoMod.esm
More Perks.esm
More Traits.esm
NPC Project.esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
New Vegas Redesigned II.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
SexoutLegion.esm
SexoutStore.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
T6M Equipment Replacer NV.esm
jokristinascloset.esm
CASM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
A Better Veronica.esp
NPC Project - Freeside.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
Goodsprings Filler.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp
YamsPinupParade.esp
better that gun 223.esp
1Earrings.esp
1SBSteamOutfit.esp
AL Black Corsetry and Blanc dress.esp
LeiFang.esp
Cobra NV.esp
Colossus Headgear.esp
Dark Justice Duster.esp
FetishLingerieSetNV.esp
FONVFate.esp
FONVMoon.esp
ghostbodysuitcamo.esp
JRougeRangerCoats4Free.esp
Mantis Lace.esp
NWghostbodysuit.esp
OutfitConversionsT6MT6BBTN.esp
RESIDENT EVIL PACKNV.esp
SalvagedCourierDLC04.esp
SexyTacticalOutfitT6M.esp
Sunglasses Shipment.esp
T6M CH Raider Armor.esp
T6M Under Wear.esp
New Vegas redesigned- Honest Hearts.esp
Imp's More Complex Needs.esp
IMCNNV - HUD and Hotkeys.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
ILO - GS Shack.esp
ILO - NSkies URWLified Patch.esp
CustomLighting II.esp
DK Caucasians.esp
Bashed Patch.esp
RaestlozPCIdles.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
SexoutClothingEval.esp
SexoutConsequences.esp
SexoutDiscounts.esp
SexoutFiends.esp
SexoutHookupsAlt.esp
SexoutHowAbout.esp
SexoutLust.esp
SexoutNCR.esp
SexoutNGXP.esp
SexoutResolutions.esp
SexoutWearAndTear-v1-3.esp
SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
SexoutYield.esp
SexoutIMCNNV.esp
SexoutSexAssault.esp
SexoutPositioning.esp

Total active plugins: 92
Total plugins: 92

Here is a screenshot of the console during consensual sex with an NCR trooper:

mw0u.jpg

Hope that helps

I have checked the console during first sex act, when Positioning works, and shows the same as Nightwolf screenshot, then Positioning stops working.

I have notice that even not working, the console still shows the same message for next sex acts, and that, suddenly, it works agains, the screen message "positioning is now active" appears again after some time/sex acts, I really don´t know if its randomly, of there is any amount of time passed, or act sexs, after the first one, when it stop...I will check that the next time I play.

Anyway, I am sure the problem is in my game configuration or mods installed, cos I have more sexout mods that don´t work as the creator intended them to work, maybe I need a full clean reinstall...

Hmm, it might be wise for me to release an even MORE verbose version that prints even more messages to the console.

I agree. I've been testing very carefully and my problem is just what Sashalag described. It doesn't matter what type of sex, position or npc it is. Resetting it with a console command doesn't help either. I've also tried to remove all Sexout plugins except the main framework but that doesn't change anything, so I might have a corrupt save or some other mod with scripts is conflicting.

What works for me, almost every time, is console command "set sexoutPosActive to 1", that makes the mod works again, even without reseting it before that

( I did not use "sexoutPosActive to 0" after mod stops working ).

And I notice some WTF message always with the same animations, the kneel blowjob, and the one my PC is laying on the ground, on the belly, and with legs together, and the male over her.