What are the prison terms?

I recently loaded BMD to my game again. I had it b4 but did not get in depth with it bc I had sold, and used them before in RL, and got locked up for 4 years for it, so I thought to myself "Naw I'm good", so I deleted it from my game. But I recently found inspiration to try it out again in depth this time, and when I was selling weed, the police caught me at home, but I paused the game and put my drugs in the "Buyer Beware" safe box. I got out in 6 hrs and continued where I left off selling weed. Now I'm selling coke and weed, but this time I get arrested at home and I have to go to trial. What? "The game has a trial" I said to myself. So in 2 days my sim got up and walked out the door going to trial. I had paid 5000 for the Public Defender, but was found guilty and was sentenced to prison. Again I said "WTF? Prison?". So I watched the time go buy thinking that it was just gonna be a few hours like before, but this time it was 3 sim days before I was released from prison. Again I said "WTF?" And that experience made me seek this forum. Great mod. So my question is "What are the prison terms (length) to be expected with further play?" Because I'm "addicted" now and want to know more. TS4 was already good. MCCC and Wicked Whims made it great, and Basemental Drugs just put the icing on those cakes. Thx in advance for any comments or opinions.