[Request/help] [ToI] 鬼谷八荒 Tale of Immortal

Is it possible to add additional animated portraits to the Fatury mod?

There seems to be a whole set of animated portraits now, but it's impossible to have more than the 214 portraits in the base mod. I tried the method using Villain and editing RoleDress.json as noted above by @The Butler but I can't seem to get Butian to load more animated portraits.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 7:25 PM, BreezeIndigo said:

Is it possible to add additional animated portraits to the Fatury mod?

There seems to be a whole set of animated portraits now, but it's impossible to have more than the 214 portraits in the base mod. I tried the method using Villain and editing RoleDress.json as noted above by @The Butler but I can't seem to get Butian to load more animated portraits.

Fatury uses some weird .dat format to store actual sprites when it comes to the body sprites. I honestly have no idea how exactly you open those or where exactly is a guide on how to do so. The mod comes with one changelog txt and one docx, but none have any information on this matter. If some madman wants to try, there's a folder of one costume below. I can only say that:
1) It cannot be opened with xnview, 7zip, winrar, winzip, vlc media player
2) DIE says it's a binary file. Linux might show some better results

There are 214 portraits inside the mod simply because every portrait has 3 variations and some seem to use multiple folders for those. 

115.rar

15 hours ago, Rubin said:

Fatury uses some weird .dat format to store actual sprites when it comes to the body sprites. I honestly have no idea how exactly you open those or where exactly is a guide on how to do so. The mod comes with one changelog txt and one docx, but none have any information on this matter. If some madman wants to try, there's a folder of one costume below. I can only say that:
1) It cannot be opened with xnview, 7zip, winrar, winzip, vlc media player
2) DIE says it's a binary file. Linux might show some better results

There are 214 portraits inside the mod simply because every portrait has 3 variations and some seem to use multiple folders for those. 

115.rar 183.06 kB · 4 downloads

If I'm not mistaken, the Fatury downloads come with a folder where there's a *.dat to *.png conversion tool.

16 hours ago, BreezeIndigo said:

If I'm not mistaken, the Fatury downloads come with a folder where there's a *.dat to *.png conversion tool.

3dm download might have one, no idea. 

I used ali213 because it doesn't require any Chinese network disks and that one doesn't have it unfortunately. 

On 4/17/2022 at 11:17 AM, Rubin said:

3dm download might have one, no idea. 

I used ali213 because it doesn't require any Chinese network disks and that one doesn't have it unfortunately. 

You should have it, its in a zip file. BTW you do not need to convert png into dat in order for the framework to load your picture. The Chinese modder inlcude the converter as a mean to avoid the auto delete by the platform when sharing file containing sensetive images, because most chinese filesharing platforms actually scan your zip to see  what's inside in order to approve the upload.

Edited by goloser
5 hours ago, goloser said:

You should have it, its in a zip file. BTW you do not need to convert png into dat in order for the framework to load your picture. The Chinese modder inlcude the converter as a mean to avoid the auto delete by the platform when sharing file containing sensetive images, because most chinese filesharing platforms actually scan your zip to see  what's inside in order to approve the upload.

Well, I just don't have it. 
I did download .45 and .92 versions, but those have no .exe inside. 

Some of the dresses are using multi-layered\multi-piece sprites, which makes editing them quite annoying. Not to mention, using those sprites inside the .dat as a base will be quite helpful. 

On 4/17/2022 at 3:26 AM, BreezeIndigo said:

Sadly, It's the opposite. PNG to DAT, which makes it hard to guess how it looks like.

If anyone had a breakthrough in this, I'd appreciate the knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 1:17 PM, heidern said:

Anyone knows what does this error mean?

'villain' is missing the following dependencies:

- ' dnlib' v3.3.2.0

There is a dnlib.dll in AIO pack in one of Mellon loader subfolders, copy it to same subfolder in Mellon loader tha is in your game directory

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 12:23 PM, sarin555 said:

PSA: For some reasons (probably devs screw up), the workshop won't appear on game library and you need to navigate there yourself. Here's the link for easy access: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=1468810&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems

Doesn't really matter, the devs said only users in china are able to upload mods to the workshop so nothing is going to be in English. Probably has something to do with why it doesn't show up for users outside of China on the main page of the game.

4 hours ago, Pickle86 said:

Doesn't really matter, the devs said only users in china are able to upload mods to the workshop so nothing is going to be in English. Probably has something to do with why it doesn't show up for users outside of China on the main page of the game.

I mean. I generally don't use more than appearance mods anyways, so all I need is a proper Steam page to put description into Google Translate. But this sound like the dev just keep screwing up when it come to the modding scene since they just got review bomb for not having proper Workshop recently.

16 minutes ago, Firefox666 said:

I tried but i don't enter

In that case you can navigate to there using the 'Community Hub' page. https://steamcommunity.com/app/1468810/ It should be at the top.

Edited by sarin555
2 hours ago, sarin555 said:

I mean. I generally don't use more than appearance mods anyways, so all I need is a proper Steam page to put description into Google Translate. But this sound like the dev just keep screwing up when it come to the modding scene since they just got review bomb for not having proper Workshop recently.

In that case you can navigate to there using the 'Community Hub' page. https://steamcommunity.com/app/1468810/ It should be at the top.

nothing there too