[Request/help] [ToI] 鬼谷八荒 Tale of Immortal

On 10/19/2023 at 2:06 AM, Ruber said:

I have no idea on how to work around that site, don't even know what to click

It's just a forum essentially. Make a throwaway account (you don't need to put in a cn phone number) and the download links appear after you've commented.

The most relevant are:

Brothel, pregnancy, and rape mod

https://hzgamecn.com/forum-post/64.html

Succubus mod aimed at female player characters

https://hzgamecn.com/forum-post/6780.html

Lewd character art and double cultivation videos

https://hzgamecn.com/forum-post/5995.html

Edited by Vreyn
17 hours ago, Vreyn said:

It's just a forum essentially. Make a throwaway account (you don't need to put in a cn phone number) and the download links appear after you've commented.

The most relevant are:

I noticed that the Brothel, pregnancy, and rape mod file size are quite small. Is it missing some assets like images and videos?

Edited by Hidden_Lily
  • 1 month later...
On 10/20/2023 at 1:05 PM, Vreyn said:

The most relevant are:

I was able to create an account and get the download link, but the download website (123pan) says the uploader exceeded their free capacity and I need to sign-up (with chinese phone) to be able to download the file now.

Does anyone have these files downloaded and can share them?

19 hours ago, OrneryOrca said:

I was able to create an account and get the download link, but the download website (123pan) says the uploader exceeded their free capacity and I need to sign-up (with chinese phone) to be able to download the file now.

I would also like the 3rd file. Also, in nexusmods there is one mod Im using https://www.nexusmods.com/taleofimmortal?tab=popular+(all+time)

On 12/18/2022 at 2:27 AM, 消散流烟 said:

Actually isnt it that one? A password seems to be provided later in the page.

19 hours ago, OrneryOrca said:

On 10/15/2023 at 4:03 PM, Vreyn said:

I found some removed NSFW mods at https://hzgamecn.com/forum/46.html

Can't figure out how to get videos to work for rape on the 鬼畜八荒 mod though.

I'm getting into this game, is really fun and definitely scratching that itch old Scroll of Taiwu left me with. I think I can mod this game based on my experience modding Rimworld, I decompiled 鬼畜八荒, I can't translate it without the source code I think, although I can try but I can give you guys and gals some information about it in the meantime:

1. Dual Cultivation and going for a baby use Fatury double cultivation videos. There are separate videos for the one from the menu and the one on the date (I think). For the ones that don't know to enable the videos you can place this file asset.yml on any Fatury mod you have (the clothing replacer ones) at ModAssets\Fatury to tell the mod to load videos. And then the videos go in ModAssets\Fatury\Games\Effect\UI\Shuangxiu (for menu sex) and ModAssets\Fatury\Games\Effect\UI\Shuangxiuyuehui (for date sex(?)), inside another Shangxiu+number folder, which should have another asset.yml with the video resolution (which I'll attach with a 2, but remove that), and a video file. So, all in all should look like this: 

image.png.63961282ea970c396ea386d52cbbee15.png

2. The folder names are borked on the zip that's why custom videos for enslaving and the brothel don't work. They should be: 嫖 (brothel) and 淫女欲 (Says nypho). Although I haven't discovered what 淫女欲 is for. Just paste whichever video on the folder, so Mod_Tc85Yz\ModAssets\video\嫖  and that's it, no special names or anything. Now there's a problem with the way it selects the videos, the code is written in a way such that the last video will never be played, so have a duplicate or random last (by name).

3. F7 opens the settings. There's are settings for a lot of things, but not the amount of money you get from selling girls which is game breaking to me.

asset2.yml

Edited by geoper

I kept messing with the mod and I got a way to translate and add to it using code patches, but it would take a lot of time to translate, and I know I'll have a bunch of problems, so it's a bad idea. I'm thinking of making a public repo and start a mod based off this one but in english, I don't have the time to do it fast, there's still some things that I don't understand(mainly the resources part), and all the tutorials are in chinese. But more than that I'd like to know if there's interest because the game is kinda "old" already.   

The only other option I see is that if someone knows chinese and can get a hold of the mod author could ask if they can allow a translation to be made with the source code. A lot can be translated with the jsons but the important bits are all hardcoded.

Oh, and also, I realized that the money you get from the brothel is really the money the girl has in the inventory, but is usually a big amount and can really be exploited on the auction month.

Edit: After further examination I realized that the base game code is obfuscated, so the modders from China must have some kind of access to source code or something like that, which there's no way I can access to without knowing chinese or the right places to look at, so I don't think I would be able to mod the game like that except for the bits I can get from another mod

Edited by geoper
Extra info
On 12/5/2023 at 6:59 PM, geoper said:

F7 opens the settings. There's are settings for a lot of things, but not the amount of money you get from selling girls which is game breaking to me.

Do you know what the settings do? Some of them are obvious but for some others the auto translator isnt helpful at all. Also, do you have a more recent version than 11.2?

EDIT: Actually, the specific config file - ModAssets/Config.json does open with Notepad++ and there it is easy to copy the text and paste into an online translator.

On 12/8/2023 at 6:13 PM, geoper said:

Edit: After further examination I realized that the base game code is obfuscated, so the modders from China must have some kind of access to source code or something like that, which there's no way I can access to without knowing chinese or the right places to look at, so I don't think I would be able to mod the game like that except for the bits I can get from another mod

I think the tutorials in the in-game mod creator send you to the example files that you can use plus instructions in Chinese. In another folder (配置对照), the IDs of things and their descriptions seem to be documented, in Chinese, but accessible. There is also a folder there with JSONs. You can open them with Notepad++.  Still, some things remain unclear like, RoleBeauty.json has

{
    "id": "1",
    "beauty": "-9999",
    "text": "role_beauty_name1"
  },

but I am not sure where to specify the value of role_beauty_name1... EDIT BEFORE SENDING: Actually, they, and everything else is specified in LocalText.json or LocalText.xsls

And I actually think now that that folder contains the code itself for the game rather than just an example lol

Now I want to mod stuff lol.

But to your point, some files do some obfuscated, for example, the json files on the mod I started this comment about, the text appears garbled when opening with Notepad++.

Also, I dont know yet where or how to access images.

Now, unrelated to my responses... something I would love to have is an in-game indicator, possibly toggeable, that tells me where a specific content, picture, destiny, etc., comes from. I have been mixing and matching different dynamic vertical paintings and artifact spirit images and generally consolidating them into the main Fatury mod folder but sometimes its hard to know what comes from where without wasting time loading and unloading mods.

Edited by juanitoperez
updated info
4 hours ago, juanitoperez said:

I think the tutorials in the in-game mod creator send you to the example files that you can use plus instructions in Chinese. In another folder (配置对照), the IDs of things and their descriptions seem to be documented, in Chinese, but accessible. There is also a folder there with JSONs. You can open them with Notepad++.  Still, some things remain unclear like, RoleBeauty.json has

The jsons are just data, like items, quests, dialogue, etc. But mods like the sex mod (I don't have a different version than 11.2) and the Team up with NPC mod use code, which modifies and adds code (on this case C#) to the logic of the game. That's how they get to add new options or events or NPC progression. But I wasn't able to find on the folders or the internet detailed code, only shallow documentation. Which makes me suspect that somewhere, maybe a more closed place like a Chinese website where you need a number, there's access to either source code or the decompiled code, which in turn would explain why there's no big english written mod and most of them are a chinese mod that they also translated. 

On 12/14/2023 at 9:02 PM, geoper said:

The jsons are just data, like items, quests, dialogue, etc. But mods like the sex mod (I don't have a different version than 11.2) and the Team up with NPC mod use code, which modifies and adds code (on this case C#) to the logic of the game. That's how they get to add new options or events or NPC progression. But I wasn't able to find on the folders or the internet detailed code, only shallow documentation. Which makes me suspect that somewhere, maybe a more closed place like a Chinese website where you need a number, there's access to either source code or the decompiled code, which in turn would explain why there's no big english written mod and most of them are a chinese mod that they also translated. 

Is the documentation not enough? To my non C# experienced eyes, it looks quite helpful. I am referring to GGBH_API.chm , found when opening the tutorial directory. Once there, on the HTML Help app, click on ( 默认命名空间 ) 命名空间 and it seems to document A LOT of stuff.

That said, there must be a way to access the source code of the mods marked as Open Source, right?

Some of you might also want to check this one out: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3046274702 because it has some dynamic paintings that look pretty good, although they are quite different than the normal looks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 9:02 PM, geoper said:

I feel kind of dumb, but I only just noticed that the mods marked as open source really are open source, It is just that when I opened the mods from the in-game mod list it sent me to the obfuscated data folder (debug). But alongside the debug folder there is a ModProject folder with unobfuscated data,

• 2 months later...