[Request/help] [ToI] 鬼谷八荒 Tale of Immortal

1 hour ago, yaryaryar said:

Welp, the instructions don't work at all for the mod loader.

Steam overwrites the .acf file immediately on launch, and tries to redownload to 鬼谷八荒 folder.

Not sure what to do.

Make sure you actually read the instructions. Including images.

Edited by The Butler
50 minutes ago, The Butler said:

Make sure you actually read the instructions. Including images.

I have.

Here's what happens.

I modify the ACF, run game, melon runs great!

Until the game actually loads.

Then steam closes that game immediately, overwrites the .acf to point to the original chinese folder again, goes "oops, theres no game here", redownloads the full game, and launches that.

After I put mods in to the TOI/melon installed game, steam again overwrites the acf, and decides to launch the original chinese folder.

Here's what my modified .acf looks like:

"AppState"
{
	"appid"		"1468810"
	"Universe"		"1"
	"LauncherPath"		"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steam.exe"
	"name"		"鬼谷八荒 Tale of Immortal"
	"StateFlags"		"4"
	"installdir"		"TOI"
	"LastUpdated"		"1642788651"
	"UpdateResult"		"0"
	"SizeOnDisk"		"10351002045"
	"buildid"		"8060449"
	"LastOwner"		"76561197994443254"
	"BytesToDownload"		"2394896944"
	"BytesDownloaded"		"2394896944"
	"BytesToStage"		"10351002045"
	"BytesStaged"		"10351002045"
	"AutoUpdateBehavior"		"1"
	"AllowOtherDownloadsWhileRunning"		"0"
	"ScheduledAutoUpdate"		"0"
	"InstalledDepots"
	{
		"1468811"
		{
			"manifest"		"5920388770321843646"
			"size"		"10351002045"
		}
	}
	"UserConfig"
	{
		"language"		"english"
	}
}

Then every time I try to run the game, steam overwrites this.

EDIT: I HAVE SOLVED THE ISSUE.

Here are the steps I had to do:

1. Do The Butler's steps until you need to run the game.

2. Before running the game, go to your .acf file, select properties, and select "READ ONLY"

3. Go to Steam Settings > Downloads > Clear Download cache. This will restart steam as well.

4. Restart steam, relog in. You should be able to keep the TOI folder now

5. Run guigubahuang.exe. This will do the initial melon install

6. Put your mods in, then you can run the game normally from now on.

Edited by yaryaryar

Well great, https://mod.3dmgame.com/mod/181445 seems to only have one nude mod (outfit 112-114)? I feel really dumb again, but I put the assets into the main game data folder (rather than mods), and I put the .json files into the Villain folder.

And I've set the portrait style to dynamic (as it seems like this one is supposed to be for it). However, I haven't seen any changes in either dynamic on or off except for outfit 112-114.

Has anyone else tried this mod? Is there another comprehensive mod with dynamic images? Or are the static ones (like the ones here https://patch.ali213.net/z/49613/6685/) the main ones?

Most of us can't even get the mod to even test it out or help you unfortunately. I haven't been able to get the mod at all since 1.13. That version had a couple of topless dynamic portraits in it (1~33) but no full top to bottom nude mods. I have no idea what's in the newer mods. Also keep in mind that certain female monsters were turned topless and certain NPC's also had nipples exposed (like the human form of the Three Crows at the beginning, etc)

3 hours ago, yaryaryar said:

I have.

Here's what happens.

I modify the ACF, run game, melon runs great!

Until the game actually loads.

Then steam closes that game immediately, overwrites the .acf to point to the original chinese folder again, goes "oops, theres no game here", redownloads the full game, and launches that.

After I put mods in to the TOI/melon installed game, steam again overwrites the acf, and decides to launch the original chinese folder.

Here's what my modified .acf looks like:

"AppState"
{
	"appid"		"1468810"
	"Universe"		"1"
	"LauncherPath"		"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steam.exe"
	"name"		"鬼谷八荒 Tale of Immortal"
	"StateFlags"		"4"
	"installdir"		"TOI"
	"LastUpdated"		"1642788651"
	"UpdateResult"		"0"
	"SizeOnDisk"		"10351002045"
	"buildid"		"8060449"
	"LastOwner"		"76561197994443254"
	"BytesToDownload"		"2394896944"
	"BytesDownloaded"		"2394896944"
	"BytesToStage"		"10351002045"
	"BytesStaged"		"10351002045"
	"AutoUpdateBehavior"		"1"
	"AllowOtherDownloadsWhileRunning"		"0"
	"ScheduledAutoUpdate"		"0"
	"InstalledDepots"
	{
		"1468811"
		{
			"manifest"		"5920388770321843646"
			"size"		"10351002045"
		}
	}
	"UserConfig"
	{
		"language"		"english"
	}
}

Then every time I try to run the game, steam overwrites this.

EDIT: I HAVE SOLVED THE ISSUE.

Here are the steps I had to do:

1. Do The Butler's steps until you need to run the game.

2. Before running the game, go to your .acf file, select properties, and select "READ ONLY"

3. Go to Steam Settings > Downloads > Clear Download cache. This will restart steam as well.

4. Restart steam, relog in. You should be able to keep the TOI folder now

5. Run guigubahuang.exe. This will do the initial melon install

6. Put your mods in, then you can run the game normally from now on.

The only thing you missed is Fully Exiting steam before making any changes.
After you do that and make sure the game folder is same as specified in "Install Dir" in ACF file everything will work properly.
Steam will recognize the game properly and update it normally whenever necessary.

Although it may have come out rude when I say to pay attention....
image.png.520ff626b0aed71f40ca3235acd1a5ab.png
If you didn't do it. Steam won't be able to recognize the game (as it check .acf file only when it starts).
o If you do everything with steam open and press play steam will updated the .acf to same as before and redownload the game again since the original folder name is no longer there.

So yep there is the source of your problems.
And just to add one more note. having .acf file in read only will fuck you up when new game update comes out.

So Final instructions....

1. EXIT STEAM!!! (Make sure it's fully closed)
  2. Rename Game Folder
  3. Rename Install dir in .acf file to match Folder Name
  4. Extract AIO pack posted before
  5. Extract and overwrite Melon Loader with latest version
  6. Start Steam
  7. Start your game and let Melon Loader download needed libraries
  8. Exit Game and open Again Villain will create it's own libraries, Exit Game
  9. Install your desired mods
  10. Start Game and have fun.

Quick Troubleshoot:

Spoiler

• Crash To Desktop when game is starting, possible causes are:
    Outdated mods (Mainly .dll mods), Mod Conflicts, Running Autotranslator (It won't work together with Melon Loader).
  • Texture mods are showing, possible causes are:
    The author did not properly set it up, outdated.
  • Red Messages on melon Loader debugger:
    Spoiler

Butian
    Some messages are expected as Butian dev haven't touched it for quite a while because some bastards were actually selling his work and when the people who bought it discored that it was actually free demanded the Actual Butian dev for refund.
    So he stopped developing it and supporting it altogether. He said when Steam Workshop became available  he may post it there but no promises.

Anyway back to topic.
    Red Messages = Warning → Mod outdated, missing essential configuration, likely CTD.
    Yellow = Warning → Mod misconfigured, conflics
    White = Normal
    So to find the problem, read the red message.
  •  
Edited by The Butler

Sounds good. Seems like what happened before is I forgot that closing steam (via the X) doesn't actually close it. And yea I un "read-only" it, was only for what I assumed was the "setup" process.

As for the portrait mods, here's what I've found:

1. The resource.asset replacers are a pain to deal with and likely not updated. They all seem large, but really they just add a couple outfits, and are all incompatible with each other. Really awful, wouldn't recommend.

2. The Butian/Villian edits DO work, but they are all static portraits instead of dynamic, which seems fine because I don't think many artists have started supporting the dynamic ones. I used the ones off of https://patch.ali213.net/z/49613/6685/ as posted by The Butler. Just search for something with "gentleman" in the name (after google translate). They do not require any logins or programs.

I haven't been able to understand or download any of the mods on 3dm boards though, only https://mod.3dmgame.com/Guigubahuang using Motrix and the download link parser (use the instructions here: https://gist.github.com/mfiro/b0bdf5f4054a34c36bf3a8e6d9bf5397#gistcomment-4013461). I assume mod.3dmgame *is* the mod collection for 3dmboards, kind of like the mods/forum setup here. But I might be very wrong. If someone could get an account and access those links, that would be amazing.

I have not found any mods containing the fetish images posted by OP.

Hope this helps anyone trying to setup the mods.

Edited by yaryaryar
On 1/22/2022 at 10:14 AM, yaryaryar said:

I have not found any mods containing the fetish images posted by OP.

Hope this helps anyone trying to setup the mods.

Those are a really old collection when the game was still pretty crude.
I do have them and quite a lot of other mods here.
I'll try to upload here at some point....

Edited by The Butler
1 hour ago, The Butler said:

Those are a really old collection when the gay was still pretty crude.
I do have them and quite a lot of other mods here.
I'll try to upload here at some point....

I actually found them too (the raw .png) and have been trying to recreate the mod for butian.

If people are interested (and mods allow), I can try to upload what I have too. Otherwise can wait patiently for The Butler ?

On 3dmboards there seem to be a bunch of paid mods, with censored versions being free. I assume posting any of them here is a violation.

Here it is, note that as I said it's pretty old so you'll need to convert it to Butian format.....
To do so follow the instructions below.

1. Download Niche.7z
  2. Extract in Mods
  3. Go to Butian folder and change the following lines from config.yml
    image.png.077899890b31870eb9091ccf335d58e7.png to image.png.a7024e610c6dfe1daf38e30d0e973307.png and right below it
    image.png.01cfe171e74eb5d79d6cd76e4b792687.png to image.png.5b245b68f2288edacf0d7113fe777be2.png
  4. Download Dictionary.Remote.ymland paste in Butian folder as well. Make sure it's read-only
  5. Start your game, You will see tons of red messages on Melon Loader windows, usually you can ignore some of them. Wait a lil bit and Butian will convert old hylas textures.
  6. Check if it was properly converted than close your game and undo your changes and delete Hylas folder.
    You can remove Dictionary.Remote.yml file as well if u don't want to keep getting red messages.
    Since some of the new messages will be butian complaining about being unable to write "update" info on that file. However by doing so you won't be able to get past default values for costume/accessory and stuff which some texture packs like to use.

Edited by The Butler

I'm definitely interested since finding any working mods for this game without a QQ account is a headache and a half. But if we're going to be civilized about it, I don't mind the wait eventually for steam store support and we can all just enjoy the content there with a click of a button. So don't sweat it if any of you rather not bother opening up the gates.

Hey everyone,

I've uploaded my complete merged NPC/Female portraits mods.

This contains the following sets of mods:

1. Full "vanilla" nude mods for all costumes (1-111). [tags: nude, exhibitionist, topless, cumplay]

2. Fetish nude mods (converted/aligned by me) as posted by The Butler [tags: bdsm, gape, toys, nipple jewelry]

3. Big breast mod (by bad parrot, converted/aligned by me) [tags: big tits, huge tits, absolutely monstrous tits]

Because I've merged these together, please note that many of the outfits which typically are the "same" across all 3 colors are now vastly different. So make sure to select through the colors to see the different variations.

I've chosen which ones to use based on my own preferences.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Follow EVERY INSTRUCTION posted by The Butler to setup melonloader, butian, and villain.

2. Unzip this file inside your Mods directory, replacing the Butian directory.

3. Launch the game.

Enjoy.

TOI_merged_Butian.7z

Edited by yaryaryar

Appreciate the merged mod folder. It's not working for me however but it might be my stupidity. When I launch the game, it gets to the main screen and gives me a static image of something that looks like a character with 10000394 hp on an older build and hangs there. On MelonLoader's startup message, I get a bunch of red errors and yellow text saying I'm missing some dependencies. Any insight on this would be appreciated! No rush of course, and thanks again for taking the time to do all of this anyway.

Error.png

UPDATE:

I was able to fix the error. Had to use Butian 2.1.0 dll instead of 2.0.9 dll however there appears to be no changes made in game if I do this. So although the game launches with the 2.1.0 dll file, there appears to be no mods loaded or changes made. If I load the 2.0.9 dll of Butian, I get the error above.

UPDATE 2:

As noted by The Butler, the missing YamlDotNet dll is actually located in the MelonLoader AIO folder. If you run into the same error I had, simply go into the AIO MelonLoader folder and take out that YamlDotNet dll and place it into your updated MelonLoader folder.

UPDATE 3:

There is an error with file "Mods\Butian\Assets\Game\Portrait\Woman\Body\133" in the mods folder. I suggest simply deleting it if you're getting massive stutter in game using the mod as MelonLoader will log the error every single time it notices it and causes stuttering in-game.

Edited by AlgaeEater
Thanks The Butler
3 hours ago, AlgaeEater said:

Appreciate the merged mod folder. It's not working for me however but it might be my stupidity. When I launch the game, it gets to the main screen and gives me a static image of something that looks like a character with 10000394 hp on an older build and hangs there. On MelonLoader's startup message, I get a bunch of red errors and yellow text saying I'm missing some dependencies. Any insight on this would be appreciated! No rush of course, and thanks again for taking the time to do all of this anyway.

Error.png

UPDATE:

I was able to fix the error. Had to use Butian 2.1.0 dll instead of 2.0.9 dll however there appears to be no changes made in game if I do this. So although the game launches with the 2.1.0 dll file, there appears to be no mods loaded or changes made. If I load the 2.0.9 dll of Butian, I get the error above.

You are missing the .dll for butian to work.
Butian 2.1.0 will never work. Reason is because it's not supposed to work in first place, it's the version dev stopped his work altogether.
Said .dll is included in the AIO pack

Edited by The Butler
12 minutes ago, The Butler said:

You are missing the .dll for butian to work.
Butian 2.1.0 will never work. Reason is because it's not supposed to work in first place, it's the version dev stopped his work altogether.
Said .dll is included in the AIO pack

Thanks for the heads up! Was scratching my head over and over again looking for that dll file only to find it located in the MelonLoader folder in the AIO but not in the base MelonLoader install.

Once I installed that file and reverted back to Butian 2.0.9 - everything worked. Thanks for all the hard work from both of you!

On 1/23/2022 at 10:36 AM, yaryaryar said:

Has anyone looked into modding to allow for more outfits, or change their charisma value for character creation?

I assume you can mod ClothItem.json that's located in Villian folder, but I'm not entirely sure what the entries mean.

Yes it's possible and "easy" however it takes time.

Files is.... RoleDress.json.

Warning: Do you like reading? if yes proceed if no....
YES: Congrats, you may proceed.
NO: No need to read anything below unless you're really interested.

Methods

Spoiler
  1. To create a mod using villaing just create a folder called patch_WHATEVERTHEFUCKYOUWANT in villain folder.
  2. Inside patch_ folder create a new .txt file named RoleDress.json
  3. Now will come your research for both editing or adding new clothes. (Look at original Roledress.json in villain base folder for reference.
    Let's say we want to edit portrait/clothe 212 this is what it will look like this.
    imagem_2022-01-23_203305.png.067e2b9a8ba0307a272a92a51cfe22ae.png
    ID = ID for game reference
    dressID = dress ID (folder name)
    Sex = 2 (1 male 2 female)
    Type = yifu (means clothe)
    Colorgroup = Kinda hard to explain but here goes.
    Spoiler

Every clothing has a color group that will appear in the bottom, it goes by 3 in default however if you have let's say 6 clothes which are the same with only variation being colors you can consider it a 6+ Value.

IE:
    Suppose Clothing 212 is the starter of this color group (58312) and we have other 5 clothing which are the same but only different colors and we want to group them together...
    These clothes will have same colorgroup id. 
    So it will go up to

"id": 58317,
    "DressID": 217,
    "ColorGroup": 58312,

212 was already the first of the 6 color group so 212+5 = 217
    We also add +6 to that color group to take in consideration the next color group and we will have 5838 as the next color group.
    Which we could have 2 clothing in it which means next group after this one would be 5840 and so on.
    This is all there is to color groups.

Color = Shown color on display (HEX Value)
    name = Object name (always common_yifu) for clothing
    Flag,GameFlag,FlagDesc = Those "tags" that appear on some clothes, ie:Player exclusive (no way to add new ones)
    beayty = Clothing piece beauty, you can have any value here. negative values will decrease from your overall beauty while positive will add.
    weight = Chance of other NPC's using these clothes
    NPCGrade = I'm not sure this is new so I assume it's the likelines of an NPC having it in his favoride list or something.

4. Now just save your file with your edits and done. (reload game every time you make changes for it to take effect).

Advanced
Additionaly you can do same method to add new things like clothes,accessory,hair and stuff but note that going past default values will default your character sprite appearance to DressID 01 the very first one. While portrait will show properly sprite will not unless you also add a custom sprite.
Anyway here is the ground work for adding new stuff.

1. First go to RoleDress.json and fine the last known id of the piece you want.
  2. Let's say we want to add a new costume for female so we search for yifu for sex 2 and keep scrolling down until we find the last know id.
  3. Let's say it's
     {
        "id": 58400,
        "dressID": 300,
        "sex": 2,
        "type": "yifu",
        "colorGroup": 58412,
        "color": "22929E",
        "name": "common_yifu",
        "flag": "0",
        "gamerFlag": "0",
        "flagDesc": "0",
        "beauty": 100,
        "weight": 100,
        "npcGrade": 0
      },

4. So to add a new one it would be
     {
        "id": 58401,
        "dressID": 301,
        "sex": 2,
        "type": "yifu",
        "colorGroup": 58413,
        "color": "22929E",
        "name": "common_yifu",
        "flag": "0",
        "gamerFlag": "0",
        "flagDesc": "0",
        "beauty": 100,
        "weight": 100,
        "npcGrade": 0
      },

5. After this you would only need the clothing in mention which folder would be 301 with all necessary assets (You can just copy past a clothing mod you already have to test).
    Otherwise it would show blank when selecting this new costume. (no image at all).
  6. And last of all you will need Dictionary.Remote.yml I uploaded before in read-only mode at all times.
    And red messages complaining about it being read-only will be showing up often in Melon Loader debugger.

If you follow these steps you will be able to create new mods for costumes/clothing/accessory.

You can also create cheat mods that change game stats. Like those fruits that boost stats...
Here is a slight improvement to them.
They will give 2x stats when using. patch_strongerfruits.7z

Just extract in villain and you will have fruits 2x stronger.
You can edit .yml files if you want.
Btw any text editor program can edit those files (Notepad++ recommended)

This should be plenty of help, have fun modding.

PS: These types of mods will always start with [ and end with ]

Spoiler

ie1: image.png.38f55f4ff95e43cead75571e4f301eb6.png
ie2:image.png.bb10b517e3fef4df6ff136ae36fb37a5.png

Further Tips

Spoiler

IF you have a wholepicture image (with full head) and you don't want to have game default flying head over it there are 3 ways to hide it.
The longe and complicated way which some modders do it which is create dummyies for ears,eye,hair,head via the method above.
Deleting original ones something to method above as well.
And the easies method which is adding.
image.png.fbda6fc4b5f4e68922b04555bf48d83f.png

wholepicture: true
delay: 50

To asset.yml file located in /_child/sprite of each of these whole picture mods.
You can also have a cycling portrait by adding other images names to

file: image.png, image2.png, image3.png

Each time you see this portrait it will select 1 from each of the ones you added.
Usefull if you are modding event images.

Observations:

Spoiler

Last possible number of clothes I last check was 999, I haven't tried going beying that though.
Note that game got extremely slow at that point. While it adds great amount of content to the game it also adds a great burden to game engine as well as to your PC.
NPC dies every year to other NPC or your, then game create new ones and assign new likes,dislikes,clothes etc.
When you access Cities (during auctions) game may even freeze to number of costume being generated on the spot.
Longer loading time on game startup due to too much stuff and so on.
So if you plan to go beyond default cap. Game will need to be on a Starting SSD (500 read speed) in the least to speed up things otherwise live up with stuttering.
Last ok limit of clothing I had was 320, game was loading Fine, Running Ok not optimal. (Files size also adds up).
If you have a Top rig (NVME SSD included) the only thing stopping you is game engine. So go on and enjoy upt to 999 costumes with 4k/8k resolution for optimal quality. (If you find that many and with that quality).

BTW: You can create rape events on defeat using images, creating text for it, create new story and such (with villain for script and butian for images). Do your research. (You didn't hear it from me)

Edited by The Butler
Additional Info, spice

Out of sheer curiosity, was there ever a mod that made all characters female? I would assume there was/is but I'm just curious as it tends to be in the "norm" for games with a lot of modding. Simply a question, not requesting it in any way if it hasn't been done.

Edited by AlgaeEater
17 hours ago, AlgaeEater said:

Out of sheer curiosity, was there ever a mod that made all characters female? I would assume there was/is but I'm just curious as it tends to be in the "norm" for games with a lot of modding. Simply a question, not requesting it in any way if it hasn't been done.

What you're looking for is FemaleOnlyExist mod.

New game will be necessary for it to work properly. (NPC's are generated at the start of each game, or when an NPC dies another one is generated in it's place.)

Edited by The Butler
  • 2 weeks later...

I am surprised to see people discuss this game over here. On the other hand, I look forward to see more modders to join the community.

If you haven't heard before, there has been some actions against porn recently in China. Most of the mods got abandoned because of that. If we want to see some hardcore mods, it has to come from other regions.

I want to share some mods from 3DM, but people re-upload it to a more friendly place.

This is a monster replacement mod. It changes some bosses and npc to sexier look.

Download it and replace it in your game folder under guigubahuang_Data/. Melon Loader and other stuff are not required.

https://mega.nz/file/GhtChChb#ZyifgYmZ8kSTWPNNitjz7FlppvB0o3E3SrotztzP8Hg

source: https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=70540&snA=525&tnum=1

This one add birth, videos for dual cultivate, and some stories. Unfortunately, it only works if you play with simplified chinese. Maybe someone can make a standalone for the dual cultivate cutscenes.

Download it and install in Melon Loader.

https://mega.nz/folder/L10V1CxK#uZUy7c9YxjUPEGLlZS3SeA

password: zznb

source: https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=70540&snA=526&tnum=2

PS. I don't own these files or uploaded them. I have the same issue to create an account on china websites too. Please treat these files nicely.

Edited by hunghung151

Thanks for the links and files. Once steam modding (workshop) is enabled for the game, there will be a lot more mods for it since it was already promised from the devs that they would enable it later once they get the core game developed. I'm sure a lot of talented modders here on this site might work on it as well if it's really easy to do so - especially it's just animated 2D portraits and static 2D images for the most part.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:11 PM, hunghung151 said:

I am surprised to see people discuss this game over here. On the other hand, I look forward to see more modders to join the community.

If you haven't heard before, there has been some actions against porn recently in China. Most of the mods got abandoned because of that. If we want to see some hardcore mods, it has to come from other regions.

I want to share some mods from 3DM, but people re-upload it to a more friendly place.

This is a monster replacement mod. It changes some bosses and npc to sexier look.

Download it and replace it in your game folder under guigubahuang_Data/. Melon Loader and other stuff are not required.

https://mega.nz/file/GhtChChb#ZyifgYmZ8kSTWPNNitjz7FlppvB0o3E3SrotztzP8Hg

source: https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=70540&snA=525&tnum=1

This one add birth, videos for dual cultivate, and some stories. Unfortunately, it only works if you play with simplified chinese. Maybe someone can make a standalone for the dual cultivate cutscenes.

Download it and install in Melon Loader.

https://mega.nz/folder/L10V1CxK#uZUy7c9YxjUPEGLlZS3SeA

password: zznb

source: https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=70540&snA=526&tnum=2

PS. I don't own these files or uploaded them. I have the same issue to create an account on china websites too. Please treat these files nicely.

Mods that replaces assets is finicky since every update will break them.
However some modders make them since they know how to set up butian properly.

Oi good people, is there any working chinese mod to edit NPCs? Most importantly their appearance and character traits (kind, upstanding, etc)? AFAIK even their most powerful trainer cant handle that (it can transfer master to selected in trainer NPC, but these attributes are not accessible, and NPC search is inconsistent)

BTW english translation of trainer is updated here

• 3 weeks later...

[08:08:14.044] [WARNING] Method System.Collections.IEnumerator WaitWithIddle() on type Hylas.Behavior.BodyBehavior has unsupported return type System.Collections.IEnumerator
[08:08:14.052] [WARNING] Method System.String GetRandomFile(System.String[]) on type Hylas.Behavior.ShuangxiuVideoBehavior has unsupported parameter System.String[] files of type System.String[]

I got this error when use Hylas body mod. Try reinstall many time. Someone know how to deal with this ?