How to Skyrim VR Mod-using, explained by a bloody newb

First things first, if a 2 year old Tutorial from prinyo havent brought me to the stupid idea just to try what was so far away from any logic that it could not work at all, then i would alrerady have thrown my PC out of the Window just because i coulkd not even get a single NPC showing me half of a Boob in the last 2 weeks.

So i want to thank the man whos tutorial still is literally working with different versions of the software he used.

So, his Tutorial was simple, just like this

what i did i followed literally the text and ignored versions or updates that by saying from their devs do not work together to assemble the following crazy setup, i must mention that i also installed everything in exact the same order like i write it down by using only Vortex Mod manager.

I will add the version numbers of named mods here for everyone else to do the same and go with all the SE mods into Skyrim to have fun.

The point is to provide links to the relevant mods and the proper install order. ( Again thanks to prinyo, dude you explained it so simple that it must work, my Hero.

Install and update Skyrim VR to newest version, and also install Vortex Mod manager from Nexus. set the Vortex Manager in that way that the files will b e copied direct into your skyrim directory. no symlinks, the files must be there, i tried it with symlinks, it does not work.

Under settings/ mods set the deployment method to --> Move Deployment. also set the staging directory on the same drive as the  install, directory of skyrim, and next to it a second folder for the manual downloads to have everything close by

1. download  SKSEVR ( the VR version 2.0.12) . install it with the " install from file " option with vortex

2. download  SkyUI VR. (version 1.2.1 ) and install it the same way  " from file "

3. Install FNIS Behavior VR 7_6 XXL direct from nexus with Vortex (it is in the Optional files). do not install the normal 7_6 and the xxl, just the XXL one

4. download  SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.64b - 11/23/21. and install it again like the skse and the skyui " from file" And yes, i mean the brand new one, latest shit for the Aniversary edition ,  Skyrim V R Version 1.6.342

5. Install XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended -   XPMSSE direct from Nexus

6. Install PapyrusUtil VR - Scripting Utility Functions  (it is in miscellaneous files) direct from Nexus IMPORTANT NOW, make it load AFTER the Sexlab because of a file conflict      does Vortex suggest to load it beforehand, but dont do this, set it loading after SL

7.download those 3 files  SL VRpatch Beta8 38 - test.7z , the SL VRpatch hotfix for v38.7z and also the VRIK V0.8.1 In-Dev Build 28.7z from this Post here on LL and install them from file, like before

8. Run FNIS for users. direct from its directory \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

9. when FNis is done then start the gamne via  :\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\sksevr_loader.exe . In game open the MCM ( Y Button on your Oculus Touch controller) of SL and install it. ( yes ingame an installation starting is a thing, i had no clue this must be done)

i also have SOS, multiple Animation packs  and a few Story addons installed.

Everything works, even fucking an Elk is possible if one fancys to do so. it looks gross but it works

again, many thanks to prinyo ,best Explanation ever. If you want to thank someone, thank him, i am just copy and pasting the result.

Edited by Generas
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this man but i cannot for the freaking life of me get SL or SLAL to register any animations.

I tried making a post on prinyo original post, then i found yours and followed your steps on a fresh install, and the problem persists.

They dont show in the MCM menu and i get this in the sexlab log,

SexLabUtil
Initializing Plugin
Registering Functions
Papyrus Loading File: ../SexLab/AnimationProfile_1.json
    File does not exists: Data/SKSE/Plugins/SexLab/../SexLab/AnimationProfile_1.json

Again I followed both guides word for word I can post a load order if you think you can help me.
The above mentioned Log seems to me to be the issue it will not create an animation profile regardless of FNIS telling me they are successfully created.

PLEASE somone save me

Figured I would add that I am having this issue as well.

The Data/SKSE/Plugins/Sexlab/Animations  folder has a file called __folder_managed_by_vortex in it, as does every other folder in the install. Could it be that vortex is somehow preventing FNIS from writing to the folder?

I also tried quitting vortex before running FNIS, but it doesn't seem to change anything.

I install everything correctly. I run fores with no errors and it reads SL. Go into game and install it from MC. Installs fine and gives me all the options. When I die I get an error "SL is not compatible with current version of skyrim VR. It seems that the new SL download doesn't work in VR anymore. Not sure what else to do. I have all the mods required by the list. No additional mods expect for Alternate Start

On 1/3/2022 at 12:49 AM, siren123 said:

Thanks for this man but i cannot for the freaking life of me get SL or SLAL to register any animations.

I tried making a post on prinyo original post, then i found yours and followed your steps on a fresh install, and the problem persists.

SexLabUtil
Initializing Plugin
Registering Functions
    File does not exists: Data/SKSE/Plugins/SexLab/../SexLab/AnimationProfile_1.json

Again I followed both guides word for word I can post a load order if you think you can help me.
The above mentioned Log seems to me to be the issue it will not create an animation profile regardless of FNIS telling me they are successfully created.

PLEASE somone save me

do you have the  PapyrusUtil VR - Scripting Utility Functions installed ? attention, its not the full mod. its under misc files below the mod. and it must being loading After sexlab and the patch / hotfix so it overwrites some specific files that do not work in VR.

and load the SLAL as the last mod at all after all the animation packs. beware that Werewolöf animations not working proper and i for myself left them all out cause everytime i mutated into a werewolf my game crashed instantly.

15 hours ago, Mikhaelion said:

Do we need to install Address Library VR for papyrus? It lists it as a requirement.

if its required you sure install it, i did not lisdted all requirements, i thought that everyone know that if installing a mod you also have to install its requirements too, everything else wouldnt make any sense.

10 hours ago, knightsflp said:

I install everything correctly. I run fores with no errors and it reads SL. Go into game and install it from MC. Installs fine and gives me all the options. When I die I get an error "SL is not compatible with current version of skyrim VR. It seems that the new SL download doesn't work in VR anymore. Not sure what else to do. I have all the mods required by the list. No additional mods expect for Alternate Start

dont use the 164 version, use the 163 version of SL, because the SKSEVR does not work with the 164 version yet. and doint forget that there is also a dependency to SkyUI VR ( download skyUI from github https://github.com/Odie/skyui-vr) there you also find the link to the dependency you need for it

Edited by Generas
19 hours ago, Generas said:

dont use the 164 version, use the 163 version of SL, because the SKSEVR does not work with the 164 version yet. and doint forget that there is also a dependency to SkyUI VR ( download skyUI from github https://github.com/Odie/skyui-vr) there you also find the link to the dependency you need for it

Why does your instruction say to use 164 then? And where to even get 163? 

15 hours ago, BrainInAVat said:

because since a recent patch does the 164 not work anymore for me. i heard of people where it works butthe 163 works for sure. even if the 164 works or not the 163 works a 100%

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/3/2022 at 12:49 AM, siren123 said:

SexLabUtil
Initializing Plugin
Registering Functions

PLEASE somone save me

you do start the FNIS tool with admin rights, do you ?

that was trhe problem for me at the beginning, the tool showed that all animations where there, but in mcm was nothing,

i ran (like FNIS do mention it in his readme file) the users tool with admin rights and voila, all animations there.

oh and by the way, be careful and do not usde to many, this can also break the system.

• 8 months later...
On 1/13/2022 at 2:02 AM, BrainInAVat said:

Maybe a bit late to the party but for future visitors here is the link with all the releases

https://github.com/eeveelo/SexLab/tags

-Download the ZIP of the version you want

-Make sure to read the README file inside before installing

-Don't complain to the blessed creator if some mods don't work since you're not using an up to date version. If anything you should ask for support here or on other similar forum threads.

• 1 month later...

hello,

when i try to install it, nothing happens. Iam ingame and click install and nothing happens.

ALso i cant use the SOS mod. It says " dll not found or version too old".

i have SKSEVR, SKYUI VR, FNIS BEHAVIOR, Sex LAbe SE 1.6.3, XP32 Maximum Skeleton SE, Papyrus UTIl Vr and the 3 Files SL VR Patch etc.

• 5 months later...
On 2/4/2023 at 4:45 PM, denisspain said:

hello,

when i try to install it, nothing happens. Iam ingame and click install and nothing happens.

ALso i cant use the SOS mod. It says " dll not found or version too old".

i have SKSEVR, SKYUI VR, FNIS BEHAVIOR, Sex LAbe SE 1.6.3, XP32 Maximum Skeleton SE, Papyrus UTIl Vr and the 3 Files SL VR Patch etc.

You can now install vr version of SOS

But i have a problem with it, it says in mcm that there is no compatible skeleton