Did you download and install any animation mods?  Sexlab is a framework only.

Did you run FNIS after you installed your mods?

If you don't know what FNIS or Fores New Idles In Skyrim is, you need to learn to properly set up your game.  Google "The STEP Project" for help and look up videos on Youtube by Gopher and Gamer Poets.  There are also some very helpful pinned comments here on LL in the Skyrim forum.

13 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

Did you download and install any animation mods?  Sexlab is a framework only.

Did you run FNIS after you installed your mods?

If you don't know what FNIS or Fores New Idles In Skyrim is, you need to learn to properly set up your game.  Google "The STEP Project" for help and look up videos on Youtube by Gopher and Gamer Poets.  There are also some very helpful pinned comments here on LL in the Skyrim forum.

yeah i ran FNIS after installing the mod

best i got is ZAZ animation pack, Sexlab Matchmaker, even got Sexlab Animation loader

hell i even double checked that my animations were loaded by FNIS

still nothing

If you already have everything you need apart from animations, the only things you need to do now are:
Downloading Animation Packs, you can install more then one but first try with only one, there are a couple to choose from, just search for Leito should be easy enough.

Then do the FNIS Shuffle again, then register them ingame with animation loader. Hit the next unfortunate soul with a Matchmaker spell = Done.

If it doesn't work: there are a couple of things that might be the problem, the very first one is that you forgot a required Mod or mixed LE mods that don't work with SE in your Modlist Or: You have AE which is another matter i haven't had a need to investigate any further as:

im-sorry-sosorry.gif.ba25afd332b33c805119f12e7de340de.gif

Asuming you have SE which can be easily checked by your Game Version Number (Everything above 1.5.97 is AE.)

Post your Load Order and FNIS Report in a spoiler maybe you just missed something

13 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

If you already have everything you need apart from animations, the only things you need to do now are:
Downloading Animation Packs, you can install more then one but first try with only one, there are a couple to choose from, just search for Leito should be easy enough.

Then do the FNIS Shuffle again, then register them ingame with animation loader. Hit the next unfortunate soul with a Matchmaker spell = Done.

If it doesn't work: there are a couple of things that might be the problem, the very first one is that you forgot a required Mod or mixed LE mods that don't work with SE in your Modlist Or: You have AE which is another matter i haven't had a need to investigate any further as:

im-sorry-sosorry.gif.ba25afd332b33c805119f12e7de340de.gif

Asuming you have SE which can be easily checked by your Game Version Number (Everything above 1.5.97 is AE.)

Post your Load Order and FNIS Report in a spoiler maybe you just missed something

right then, ill download some more animation packs

thanks for the help

Time out.... Before you install any animation packs, you need to ensure that SL Animation Loader (SLAL) and any dependencies have been installed FIRST and checked to make sure its MCM loads correctly. If you install animation packs before SLAL, they will not be pathed correctly to be found by SLAL later.

1. install any SLAL dependencies
  2. Install SLAL
  3. verify that SLAL is installed properly by checking in-game (verify SLAL MCM is loading, open MCM to verify it is working on a base level)
  4. exit game
  5. install 1 animation pack
  6. process with FNIS (if you're not confident about FNIS, I'd avoid background operation of FNIS at this stage in the game) 
  7. open game
  8. open SL Anim Loader  menu
  9. wait. SLAL takes a few moments to load its animation pack entries (will take longer as the number of installed packs increases)
  10. open the entry for your newly installed animation pack
  11. enable at least a few of its animations (or all, I really don't care, just at least 1)
  12. go to the General Options SLAL submenu
  13. click the Count Animations "button". (It will not look any different ... just  trust it's doing something. you have no choice)
  14. wait. It will take a moment for SLAL to parse the system. (again, I believe the wait time is dependent on the numbers). should report the number of animations to be registered.
  15. when done reviewing the popup, click tab
  16. click the Register Animations button
  17. wait for a new popup reporting completion of the registration process. it will take time depending on the number of animations being registered to the system
  18. click the count animations button once more to verify the task was completed as it said (a bit OCD, but first time through it's a good confirmation tactic imo)

Now, once you're satisfied things are working, you can go ahead and exit the game and install the remaining packs you've chosen for installation.

Finish up by opening the game and registering the new animations in much the same way as noted above. 

PS>>>>> Make sure you don't accidentally install LE based animation packs. Way too many of us have accidentally or naively done that....cough not me cough cough of course...cough liar liar liar cough cough

Edited by anjenthedog
typos...of course
1 hour ago, anjenthedog said:

Time out.... Before you install any animation packs, you need to ensure that SL Animation Loader (SLAL) and any dependencies have been installed FIRST and checked to make sure its MCM loads correctly. If you install animation packs before SLAL, they will not be pathed correctly to be found by SLAL later.

1. install any SLAL dependencies
  2. Install SLAL
  3. verify that SLAL is installed properly by checking in-game (verify SLAL MCM is loading, open MCM to verify it is working on a base level)
  4. exit game
  5. install 1 animation pack
  6. process with FNIS (if you're not confident about FNIS, I'd avoid background operation of FNIS at this stage in the game) 
  7. open game
  8. open SL Anim Loader  menu
  9. wait. SLAL takes a few moments to load its animation pack entries (will take longer as the number of installed packs increases)
  10. open the entry for your newly installed animation pack
  11. enable at least a few of its animations (or all, I really don't care, just at least 1)
  12. go to the General Options SLAL submenu
  13. click the Count Animations "button". (It will not look any different ... just  trust it's doing something. you have no choice)
  14. wait. It will take a moment for SLAL to parse the system. (again, I believe the wait time is dependent on the numbers). should report the number of animations to be registered.
  15. when done reviewing the popup, click tab
  16. click the Register Animations button
  17. wait for a new popup reporting completion of the registration process. it will take time depending on the number of animations being registered to the system
  18. click the count animations button once more to verify the task was completed as it said (a bit OCD, but first time through it's a good confirmation tactic imo)

Now, once you're satisfied things are working, you can go ahead and exit the game and install the remaining packs you've chosen for installation.

Finish up by opening the game and registering the new animations in much the same way as noted above. 

PS>>>>> Make sure you don't accidentally install LE based animation packs. Way too many of us have accidentally or naively done that....cough not me cough cough of course...cough liar liar liar cough cough

yeah, i already got animations working, thanks anyway ( did your suggestion already) 

now how the fick do i get my CBBE presets into the racemenu...

1 hour ago, HeckingHeccker said:

yeah, i already got animations working, thanks anyway ( did your suggestion already) 

now how the fick do i get my CBBE presets into the racemenu...

Glad to hear you got the animations worked out.

for the second... you don't

Or I should say, you don't get BODYSLIDE presets into racemenu. Bodyslide presets are for Bodyslide, and racemenu presets are for racemenu. the two don't mix and they don't go to the same locations. Hmm on re-read perhaps I'd better clarify. Bodyslide presets are ussesd to define the basic mesh (topography) and body physics of the body and to fit clothing armor etc. racemenu presets are racemenu-specfic settings (and sometimes pointers to other associated textures or mesh content), so although Bodyslide and racemenu act upon the body topography (and ancillary textures and detial definition: eyes, make up textures, boydpaint, etc), they are not directly related. Grok?

there are two ways of installing racemenu presets

A) install them using a mod manager. This may be slightly  more complicated if you don't use the default game install path, but on that I'm not sure, as I never bought into the rule of "never install to root" and just let the installer do its own thing. If you did use the default though , like me, AND (like SLAL, or for that matter, Bodyslide...) you installed racemenu before installing your racemenu presets, then they should install gracefully into their proper locations. 

If you installed them before racemenu, uninstall them, then make sure racemenu is installed, and reinstall them They need to have racemenu's path structure available to be dumped into the proper locations.

if not using the default game pathing nd are still having problems, check with other folks who use alternate installation paths for any subtle changes in the plan for routing

B) manual installation. This is what I do 9 times out of 10. it's easy, and since they're just a one or two or three otherwise unimportant files, they're also not in your mod list...they don't need to be anyway. they just need to be in right location for retrieval

1. download a racemenu preset to some folder (I have one specifically for downloaded racemenu presets off my "skryim mod archives folder I keep for manually downloaded content since I usually just use vortex's download/install feature for nexus content unless I intend to archive right form the gitgo)
  2. use 7zip to extract the contents to a folder. I usually use the "extract to "name of the file" folder option from their named archive folder (where I also store a brief text file explaining to myself what's there, as well as a few snapshots from the mod page so I can easily identify). makes it easy and keeps its folder structure intact
    Spoiler

875452876_examplearchivefolder.jpg.850d65596f26ce44b7531865f9aede30.jpg

3. copy the contents into the associated folder as noted down below (in green)
    Note: some downloaded preset files will just be a simple preset (ex: "buffy preset.jslot"), some contain addition material like makeup or texture or so forth so in addition to the jslot, they may contain an additional custom mesh (nif) and/or texture file (dds)

the Skyrim folder where the jslot files go is /Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/Presets

the skyirm folder where the other stuff (.nif, .dds)  goes is /Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen ... IFF it has any additional stuff.

PS> the way I do things is

1) build body in bodyslide (defines physic package used for player)

2) in-game, use racemenu to tweak. including any preset use. 

PS> a nice tool for using racemenu on the player without having to rename at the end (and thereby alter your savefile structure) is the mod A Change of Face, which allows simple in and out of racemenu using a book it deposits into your inventory. If you also have the addon mod that allows using non weapon/armor/potions as favorites in quickmenu, Favorite Misc Items,  it can be called very quickly from your SkyUI quickmenu as well... for anyone who abuses their inventory by boosting their carry weight value using rings or amulets or console adjustments, it is a very useful short cut, since overloaded inventories take "like forever like" to open.... (I'm carrying about 3 tons right now on my current player character... and yes I know that's cheating. Meh ;) )

best wishes.

Edited by anjenthedog
typos! Duh of course, and added content

Maybe I'm misreading what you wrote, but I'm not sure if you understand how SL works.  Forgive me if I'm incorrect, but just in case...

SL is a framework only.  I'm not sure if it has any animations in it or not.  It is basically the glue that holds the animations and the mods that call animations together, and is one of three components that you need.

A mod like Matchmaker (or Eager NPCs, or Follow Me for Sex, etc.) also do not have their own animations.  They are based on the SL Framework, and use that framework to enable the player to use different methods to initiate a sex scene.  These mods that call for animations are your second component.

The animations themselves are the third component, and are generally separate.  Look for packs by Billy, or Leito, or any of the others found here on LL.  Then run FNIS.

Then you still need to follow the guidance given by @anjenthedog to make sure SLAL loads everything properly.

Again, I'll refer you to the many pinned threads in the Skyrim forum here on LL.  A lot of this information is there in greater depth, and there's a lot of good advice there.

32 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

SL is a framework only.  I'm not sure if it has any animations in it or not.

Afaik, SL does ship with a very limited number of animations. Could be wrong, but I had a dozen or more SL animations prior to installing any SLAL content

Although in fairness, I did already have flower girls installed around the same time I installed SL, so perhaps that's where they came from...idk for sure. It's been over 2 years so my vast omnicscient brain tired, burned out, overloaded memory could very easily be in error. ;)

16 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Afaik, SL does ship with a very limited number of animations. Could be wrong, but I had a dozen or more SL animations prior to installing any SLAL content

Although in fairness, I did already have flower girls installed around the same time I installed SL, so perhaps that's where they came from...idk for sure. It's been over 2 years so my vast omnicscient brain tired, burned out, overloaded memory could very easily be in error. ;)

You are right it has some animations, but if you use the newer version, the first updated one this year for SE (dunno anymore which number. Too many changes and updates i ignored lately.)

A Bug can happen that these animations don't load until you register everything else, sometimes never ? not a bad thing since most of them are very old but annoying if you start a new setup without any animpacks to compensate. Especially if you are new at this

Edited by Gukahn
5 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

Ah. yes, I'm a bit behind on updates. I'm still using SL v163 Beta 8

It's better in some regards. If i wanted to change my expressions again i would have to roleback again cause it got a nasty bug that causes the mouth to open too while looking at the result. It does not happen in animation scenes and i modeld my expressions to my liking ages ago. The other changes are neat but osmelic tweaks got most of it covert for that version. Just no real reason to change back ?

40 minutes ago, HeckingHeccker said:

Back here again, now I need help getting UI extensions to work with my additems mod cause I use the spell/ item used for it and it shows no menu whatsoever

Does that mean your two previous question were answered and you have things (the things you originally asked about) working now? 

18 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Does that mean your two previous question were answered and you have things (the things you originally asked about) working now? 

No longer having any problems with previous two questions, but also im no longer using ui extension due to an unfortunate mod installing that caused my game to refuse to load when i try to boot it up, forever scarring me into using it, 

41 minutes ago, HeckingHeccker said:

No longer having any problems with previous two questions, but also im no longer using ui extension due to an unfortunate mod installing that caused my game to refuse to load when i try to boot it up, forever scarring me into using it, 

I'm not sure what "UI Extension" is.  Oh... I see... a widenet search produced results... I don't have it installed either (although I apparently did, since nexus shows I downloaded it in March of 2019, about a month after I began playing). Not sure if it didn't work for me or I just didn't like it, or maybe I dumped it during the 1.5.73 > 1.5.80, or 1.5.80 > 1.5.97 update processes

Shrug? Not all mods work for all configurations 

Frankly speaking,  I'd recommend that you do a few things

1) create a new thread for that specific issue (at least imo, one shouldn't use a single thread as a general dumping ground for their ongoing problems)

2) post a query to the mod page for that mod. 

3) thoroughly read the other posts for that mod (as well as any bug reports) 

4) perform a widet search for "skyrim special edition uiextensions  problem crash ctd" or similar

5) consider alternative mods to provide similar functionality. Nexus mod categories is one (of many) good place to look)

6) mark this thread as solved (edit your first post, and add "SOLVED" to the end of your original title), since your original issues were resolved.

best wishes.

Edited by anjenthedog
stuff, and damnable typos