Having an issue with AAF getting stuck at 68%

Is there a version of aaf that works with NMM? Because I hate using Vortex as it won't let me physically alter the mod load order like NMM does so my settlement mods can't sit where they are supposed too making them useless messes, I was, for a little while able to use NMM to manage LO while Vortex handled the downloads now  I can't for some reason. I've recently re-installed my mods using vortex I even followed the directions on the aaf install guide but now I keep get the [aaf 68%] which has me stumped. Any suggestions as to what the, Say 5 main causes for the issue are? I'm hoping it is an easy fix cos I really don't want to have to go back to the dull "game console" version of modded gameplay I've been spoilt by PC modding :) 

3 hours ago, Primarch83 said:

Is there a version of aaf that works with NMM? Because I hate using Vortex as it won't let me physically alter the mod load order like NMM does so my settlement mods can't sit where they are supposed too making them useless messes, I was, for a little while able to use NMM to manage LO while Vortex handled the downloads now  I can't for some reason. I've recently re-installed my mods using vortex I even followed the directions on the aaf install guide but now I keep get the [aaf 68%] which has me stumped. Any suggestions as to what the, Say 5 main causes for the issue are? I'm hoping it is an easy fix cos I really don't want to have to go back to the dull "game console" version of modded gameplay I've been spoilt by PC modding :) 

To answer your first question, it might work with NMM but the mod authors don't support it.  So if you have a problem and bring it to their discord to get an answer, they are going to tell you to use Vortex or Mod Organizer 2 before they will assist.

Is this the guide (link below) you are following? If not, then this is the one you want.  If you follow this exactly then you shouldn't get the 68% bug.  That can happen for different reasons, like xml file missing or out of place, wrong file, old mod, something out of order.  Double check you aren't using an outdated mod, there's a section for recommended mods and ones to avoid.  Test the adult mods 1 at a time.  in other words, get your basic aaf and xml's installed, Check your patch configuration if you are going to use UAP with or without Leito patch, and just test 1 animation pack.  If that works, add another animation pack. 

16 hours ago, Primarch83 said:

You need to provide some info if you are looking for help, like mod load order (not esp) or enable logging in aaf and send errors

Edited by Indarello
On 12/15/2021 at 8:02 AM, Primarch83 said:

Kill NMM and use MO2 then.

Problem with NMM is that the way it handles files is absolutely fucking atrocious and there's more than a few reasons why Nexus itself ditched it.

Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise, as a lot of people are just stubborn and thicker than a fucking castle wall.

68% is pretty much an XML issue, which would stem from MOD order (not plugin order), to which.. you never fucking know with NMM.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and learn how to use MO2. Will thank me later.

And like the Fucking Manual says, we are NOT responsible for any 'talking out of your ass' that might happen here.

If you want OFFICIAL troubleshooting, from the people who actually make a lot of these mods and myself who keep the Fucking Manual updated, just head to the AAF Discord.

Edited by Saya Scarlett

Thanks for the advice, I admit I haven't swapped to MO2 yet, but it does seem to be a strongly suggested option. For now I have managed to get vortex to handle mod downloads while NMM allows me to handle load/plugin order manually, and for the moment all seems to be running smoothly, it turned out I was missing 1 specific animation pack didn't realise it was required but as soon as I got it aaf loaded fine, and the home key and animations all work :)  now I just gotta sort out this giant penis issue ? thankfully it doesn't seem to break anything, just immersion :)  Thanks again anyways, I will seriously consider upgrading to MO2 it does seem to be the logical choice.