Next playthrough ideas?

For my next playthrough I probably want to try a mod like Being Female, and I would like to have a nice story to go with it.

I am thinking of starting with a house in Whiterun, do a bit of hunting, maybe smithing or alchemy, play house, have/adopt children.  I might want to do the Dawnguard storyline, but I need something else. Problem is; no idea what. I'm not looking for a follower mod, but something with a story along the lines of Vilja would be nice.

So, any suggestions for a nice storyline that doesn't require a high level character?

Oddball suggestions are fine too.

If you want a Bro take Inigo

If you want a apprentice adventure with you, Lucien

Both have interesting conversation material, also interact with each other if you take both. No need for a follower framework if you don't want one and they have a quest each, even if Inigos is not completed, he is wholesome.

If you wanna make the whole dawnguard questline about serana and give her more stuff to say take serana dialogue add on. But it changes her vanilla personality, something you need to like in order to tolerate it. The mod has also some interaction with Inigo but just a few and not as funny as Luciens and Inigos lines. One of my favorite do overs of a character acutally.

Something similar exist for Lydia, but i didn't play enough with it to give a constructive review of it.

Other "lesser" Followers would be Auri with a tiny story and interactions with Lucien

Kaden looks interesting but i haven't testet him, also Interesting NPC´s offer a couple of so called super followers who have some lines for the main quest and rather interesting backstorys and some quests, even if they are limited to it, if you done with one, just switch to the next or not. ? Gor is Love ?

Regarding SDA...

Serana Dialogue Edit is more true to vanilla than SDA if that's what you'd prefer. I know it has less content, but the author is actually back working on it and is aiming for a January release with a major expansion, including long-awaited full main quest commentary.

I've also heard decent things about Isobel & the Adventurer's Guild, but haven't tried it.

• 3 weeks later...

Rigmor looks very interesting. I just tried it with an older savegame, and I'm planning it for another playthrough, with a male PC.

I think for now I'll try Lucien and Kaiden-2 and see who gets the prize.

Who would have thought, there are cool mods outside of LL. :)

48 minutes ago, Wut1969 said:

Rigmor looks very interesting. I just tried it with an older savegame, and I'm planning it for another playthrough, with a male PC.

I think for now I'll try Lucien and Kaiden-2 and see who gets the prize.

Who would have thought, there are cool mods outside of LL. :)

Everyone who ever modded the game long enough ?
No really, the real problem is that many of the very, very good mods are quite old now and not everyone would think about diving into 40+ pages of mods. that's why i like threads like your´s, for one you get reminded of things you already forgot and you can share some nice mods know off and make them matter of debate again

14 hours ago, Pyreliter said:

If I remember, "Skyrim Romance" has Beeing Female integrated into the last chapters of the story. It's a viable means of testing the stages of pregnancy within the mod in an easy to click through quest stage advancement.

Installing this right now.

22 hours ago, Gukahn said:

Everyone who ever modded the game long enough ?
No really, the real problem is that many of the very, very good mods are quite old now and not everyone would think about diving into 40+ pages of mods. that's why i like threads like your´s, for one you get reminded of things you already forgot and you can share some nice mods know off and make them matter of debate again

I assure you that the pleasure is all mine. :)

I have, and have had, plenty of outlandish mods in my mod list, but except for Vilja I have never much looked at follower mods.

22 hours ago, Harvald said:

The most feminine house is Emmas Highview Cottage, but it is near Solitude, the best House ever is Clearsky Hideout but that is somewhere in the outskirts. 

Those both very look nice, but Breezehome will do for my simple huntress.  Thanks for the suggestion though, I might use them in another playthrough.

Edited by Wut1969
stupid mistake
On 12/31/2021 at 5:43 PM, Pyreliter said:

Don't spoil yourself for the endings of "Skyrim Romance", but I'd recommend taking a peek into the walk-through listed at their website if you find yourself struggling to satisfy the requirements for some of the scenes.

Ah, I see what you mean. It is a shame that the mod doesn't lead you to all the requirements (to avoid spoilers). It is a very nice mod though, and so exactly what I was looking for and I was honestly not expecting to find such a good match. I'm interested to see where the story goes.