{UPDATE - 2014 July 06} Teen Monli Race

Noticed you mentioned making an NPC replacer for this mod.

Do you plan on making a stand-alone child replacer version? Currently using CotS as a child replacer, but it also uses the playable race as well and overwrites vanilla assets. So was wondering if you'd be making a NPC child replacer version that doesn't overwrite vanilla assets and only affects the children?

With Jittek being gone, and CotS being buggy and outdated, been looking for a new child replacer mod and hoping that you'll be taking over in that department with your mod.

You want a Monli child race to replace the vanilla children?  That can be done, but are you asking for the children to not share the assets with the playable race or do you only want Monli children without adding a playable Monli race?

I did make a masterfile with the race records, but keeps the race from being playable with the idea of using the master file to create plugins for various purposes (introducing Monli npcs without adding a playable race is one such purpose).  However, there are some game-breaking bugs that need fixing.

I'm probably over complicating things with what I was saying.

Basically I was wondering if the Monli race, overwrites any vanilla assets. Or is it stand alone and doesn't mess with anything? I was just curious about that before I tried it out.

And sorry, that was my mistake. I assumed when you said you were working on an NPC replacer, that you were meaning you were going to replace the NPC children in the game with the Monli race instead. This way all the children would use the Monli race instead of the default look they have.

And the NPC replacer thing (replacing the children NPCs) can use the playable race that you have made, I was just worried that it was something like how CotS works and it overwrites your vanilla races. See I like playing as a Nord, but CotS overwrites my face and such. But I still like to see the CotS children in the game, just not a fan of playing a small race lol. That is why I was asking if the Monli race overwrites vanilla races like CotS does, or is it stand-alone so I could play a Nord, while having the Monli appearance on the children in the game.

Hope that isn't too confusing lol.

@Guidebo

Here are the Monli files from my Data folder.  The folders(meshes/textures/scripts) are compressed into a BSA.  I comes with CBBE Petite and Pretty Girl textures.  I optimized the textures and included mipmaps.

You need to uninstall the Monli files, making sure the Monli folders in Meshes and Textures are deleted as loose files will override files in a BSA.  Extract my files and add to your Data folder (only contains ESP and BSA files).

Check your load order and run the game.  Hopefully this will fix the ctd when undressing.

My Monli Files

@SpyderArachnid

The Monli race is standalone (does not share assets with the vanilla races).  That would mean when I make the npc replacers, each Monli npc will not affect other npcs of the same original race.  Example:  Lydia is a Nord.  Changing her to Monli will not change the race of other Nord npcs or the playable character.

@SpyderArachnid

The Monli race is standalone (does not share assets with the vanilla races).  That would mean when I make the npc replacers, each Monli npc will not affect other npcs of the same original race.  Example:  Lydia is a Nord.  Changing her to Monli will not change the race of other Nord npcs or the playable character.

That's awesome to hear. Thanks, and sorry for any confusion.

I don't use the playable race, but if you do a child replacer, I'll definitely switch over to this mod instead of CotS. Look forward to future progress. :)

@Guidebo

Here are the Monli files from my Data folder.  The folders(meshes/textures/scripts) are compressed into a BSA.  I comes with CBBE Petite and Pretty Girl textures.  I optimized the textures and included mipmaps.

You need to uninstall the Monli files, making sure the Monli folders in Meshes and Textures are deleted as loose files will override files in a BSA.  Extract my files and add to your Data folder (only contains ESP and BSA files).

Check your load order and run the game.  Hopefully this will fix the ctd when undressing.

My Monli Files

attachicon.gifx117Monli-CBBE-BSAoption.7z

@SpyderArachnid

Wow, thanks for all the effort. I'll download your file and install it as soon as I've backed-up my files. I'll test it and report back on how it went, if not today, then certainly tomorrow. Seriously, tons of kudos to you for putting time into this.

PS: I just hope the pretty girl textures aren't too 'heavy' for my system, as I'm playing skyrim on my laptop until I can get enough money together to buy a decent PC. It does have quite good specs (6 gig of RAM for instance), it's just that the graphics card is quite crappy (Intel HD Family or something). For instance, I installed the CBBE medium res textures, because the standard (ultra res) textures kept crashing my game after playing for about half an hour. Fortunately you added mipmaps, so that'll make some difference.

PPS: Just to make sure: I only need to back-up (cut/paste) the installed Monli folders in Meshes and Textures, and the esp's (Monli and Clean Invisibility Effects Plus Eyes Fix), right? No scripts to back-up?

@Guidebo

First thing you need to do is download the Monli.esp fix.  I was working on a new system which uses a Monli masterfile and I had to make the races unplayable.  Just replace the Monli.esp I previously sent you with this fixed ESP.

Monli.esp_FIX.7z

You will only need to backup the Meshes and Textures folder (or just backup the Monli folders in Meshes and Textures) then remove the Monli meshes and textures so that they won't override the ones included in the BSA.  The plugins are the same so backup of those is not necessary.  The scripts are the same so it does not matter.

I optimized the Pretty Girls textures, but not that much.  If they are slowing down your system, let me know and I'll send you another BSA with different textures.

@Guidebo

First thing you need to do is download the Monli.esp fix.  I was working on a new system which uses a Monli masterfile and I had to make the races unplayable.  Just replace the Monli.esp I previously sent you with this fixed ESP.

attachicon.gifMonli.esp_FIX.7z

You will only need to backup the Meshes and Textures folder (or just backup the Monli folders in Meshes and Textures) then remove the Monli meshes and textures so that they won't override the ones included in the BSA.  The plugins are the same so backup of those is not necessary.  The scripts are the same so it does not matter.

I optimized the Pretty Girls textures, but not that much.  If they are slowing down your system, let me know and I'll send you another BSA with different textures.

Ok, thanks, I'll keep you posted.

@Spicycat

I installed Dual Sheath Redux and when I dual sheath swords, the one on the right hip is floating just above ground between her feet.  Can you send me your skeleton and I can use that to work on the sheath scaling.

If I use your skeleton and the displaced sword persists, I would not know what is the cause since I installed the mod correctly.  The other weapons and shields look fine in terms of placement.

EDIT:  I fixed the floating sword bug.  Moving on.

Hi,

How did you fix this problem ? Got the same :angel:

@Spicycat

I installed Dual Sheath Redux and when I dual sheath swords, the one on the right hip is floating just above ground between her feet.  Can you send me your skeleton and I can use that to work on the sheath scaling.

If I use your skeleton and the displaced sword persists, I would not know what is the cause since I installed the mod correctly.  The other weapons and shields look fine in terms of placement.

EDIT:  I fixed the floating sword bug.  Moving on.

Hi,

How did you fix this problem ? Got the same :angel:

I used the xpms skeleton that came with ECE.  The skeleton that caused the floating sword was from xp32, but I don't remember if it was an earlier file or the latest.

@Guidebo

attachicon.gifMonli.esp_FIX.7z

Ok, thanks, I'll keep you posted.

I ran the test of un-equipping armor with your .bsa version of the Monli race. Good news: I didn't CTD, even after stripping my character several times. Less good news: (Sorry if I sound like a spoiled brat, lol) I think I prefer the way my original character looked (there's a screenshot of her in my first post on this topic), I had the impression that the proportions weren't really right. First thing I noticed was that the head seemed to small in comparison with the body, although the size was right (she was small).

So, I think I'll just reinstall my original files and forget about the (small) problem and just adapt by swapping armor instead of un-equipping/equipping. But I'm still open for suggestions and willing to test things out for you, should you want to pursue.

Anyway, thanks a ton for your time and if there was a kudos button, I'd be bashing it to smithereens, lol.

As long as you are using the same body as the one recommended for the armor then you can wear the armor.  Armors come with a body model that replaces your characters body.  That means if you have the UNP flatchest and put on a UNP armor that has large breasts, your character can still wear it, but now has large breasts. 

Example:  Monli with UNP Flatchest + UNP Tera Armor

post-64505-0-67525500-1372507928_thumb.jpg post-64505-0-39016800-1372507942_thumb.jpg

Now if you are referring to scaling down the breasts from the armor itself, you will have to 1) replace the body model and convert the armor to fit the new body, or 2) make the armor weight-slider compatible so that at min weight, the breasts will be smaller.

@Pyschomachina

Sorry, so many questions from me today. :P

I am always following your progress, and I wanted to ask:

Back then, your Elin mod requires Monli-NER pack, and with it, it installed Monli race to my game.

What is the difference between the Monli Race back then (with Elin) and this current version?

@Pyschomachina

Sorry, so many questions from me today. :P

I am always following your progress, and I wanted to ask:

Back then, your Elin mod requires Monli-NER pack, and with it, it installed Monli race to my game.

What is the difference between the Monli Race back then (with Elin) and this current version?

When the Elins started using a custom body, in this case CBBE, it shared the body and textures with the Monli race (the Elins did not have their own CBBE body).  Later, the Elins got their own CBBE bodies and no long needed the Monli race, but the Monli name was still used with the new CBBE body mod.

UPDATE

I'm almost done with the first major update.  I just need to do some final edits to the skeletons.  Part of the update will include 4, maybe 5 skeletons, to be used as-is or with Dual Sheath Redux and/or Chesko's Belt-Fastened Quivers.

I had some setbacks, one being the headmesh glitch when uninstalling BodyChanger (I lost so much progress).  I'll have to do the Solitude main quest again to acquire Proudspire and Jordis, rejoin the Companions, and finish building Lakeview Manor.  What this means is that the Monli housecarls (forgot about Iona) and other NPC replacers will be delayed.

I'll try to upload the first update sometime today or, at the most, tomorrow.

As long as you are using the same body as the one recommended for the armor then you can wear the armor.  Armors come with a body model that replaces your characters body.  That means if you have the UNP flatchest and put on a UNP armor that has large breasts, your character can still wear it, but now has large breasts. 

attachicon.gifUNP Tera Armor.jpg attachicon.gifUNP Tera Armor_b.jpg

Now if you are referring to scaling down the breasts from the armor itself, you will have to 1) replace the body model and convert the armor to fit the new body, or 2) make the armor weight-slider compatible so that at min weight, the breasts will be smaller.

I can wear the armor, but I use CBBE + Bodyslide++ for the pregnancy mod (for other characters). I have the CBBE patch for the Tera armors... I'm not positive if the Bodyslide++ min/max weight affect them though. It's not like there's a Bodyslide++ patch to edit the weight of Tera armors (which would make things easy).

If there was a breast slider on this Monli race, would it affect the breasts on the armor?

attachicon.gifUNP Tera Armor.jpg attachicon.gifUNP Tera Armor_b.jpg

I can wear the armor, but I use CBBE + Bodyslide++ for the pregnancy mod (for other characters). I have the CBBE patch for the Tera armors... I'm not positive if the Bodyslide++ min/max weight affect them though. It's not like there's a Bodyslide++ patch to edit the weight of Tera armors (which would make things easy).

If there was a breast slider on this Monli race, would it affect the breasts on the armor?

I forgot your using the adult Monli.  The skeleton that allows the breasts (only) to resize will only work for the body, not the armor.  The armor, if slider-compatible, will be affected by the weight-slider.

I have limited knowledge of armor conversions using CB+++, but I know that if you want the armor to be converted to a body with smaller breasts, you will need to base the armor presets on the presets for the small-breast body.

You're using CBBE Tera armor?  I have the UNP armor sets.

I forgot your using the adult Monli.  The skeleton that allows the breasts (only) to resize will only work for the body, not the armor.  The armor, if slider-compatible, will be affected by the weight-slider.

I have limited knowledge of armor conversions using CB+++, but I know that if you want the armor to be converted to a body with smaller breasts, you will need to base the armor presets on the presets for the small-breast body.

You're using CBBE Tera armor?  I have the UNP armor sets.

I'm not using the adult Monli, I'm using this one. For the rest of my characters I use CBBE using Bodyslide++ (same as Bodyslide, but it has further options).

I'm just wondering if there's a possibility of the breast slider working on this Monli. It's non existent, so was it removed? Can it be added back? Does it affect anything? I'm just thinking the option of using it and bringing it down would affect the body when the Tera armor is on. Does that make sense?

And yeah, there's a patch to make the Tera armor work as CBBE.

That depends on the body mesh.  The UNP body is flatchest so the BREAST slider will not work.  The CBBE Petite does work with the slider, but the breasts at max will look distorted because the breasts were meant to have a range of flatchest to A-cups.

If the BREAST slider is not working for the CBBE Petite body, you will need to reinstall the skeletons or a different one.  I'm almost done with the first update.  All of the loose files will be packed into various BSA files.  This method seems to give better results so wait until I release the update (over the next 2 days, but I'll try to get it done and uploaded by tomorrow).

Hopefully this will fix or prevent any problems that is caused by installation errors.

That depends on the body mesh.  The UNP body is flatchest so the BREAST slider will not work.  The CBBE Petite does work with the slider, but the breasts at max will look distorted because the breasts were meant to have a range of flatchest to A-cups.

If the BREAST slider is not working for the CBBE Petite body, you will need to reinstall the skeletons or a different one.  I'm almost done with the first update.  All of the loose files will be packed into various BSA files.  This method seems to give better results so wait until I release the update (over the next 2 days, but I'll try to get it done and uploaded by tomorrow).

Hopefully this will fix or prevent any problems that is caused by installation errors.

Hm... maybe I'll try CBBE Petite min/max range, in that case. I don't max out breasts on any of my characters anyways.

UPDATE - Little Monli v4.1

CHANGES

- Most files packed into BSA files.  The exceptions are the CBBE Fairskin Large Areola body texture, CBBE Fairskin Large Dark Areola body texture, and the Fairskin Sweaty Body and Sexy Sweaty Body specular maps.

- 3 different race scaling options (0.70, 0.75, 0.80)

- Replaced the custom 1st-person skeleton with a vanilla skeleton (scale 1.0) because the 1st-person camera works better when scaling is managed by the race (actor-based).  Big thanks the en-hawk for his help.

- 5 skeleton options.  All are scaled 1.0.

Type 01

Type 02

Type 03

Type 04

Default is the only one not edited to be used Chesko's Belt-fastened Quivers (animations only) with Dual Sheath Redux very optional.  The others require Chesko's animation, but Dual Sheath Redux is optional though the weapon nodes have been edited for DSR.

- Textures

Added the Fairskin textures with Face options for UNP.

Added Sexy Sweaty specular maps for CBBE and UNP.

ADDITIONAL

When assembling the files and getting them ready to upload, I forgot to remove the BSL files that is generated with creating the BSA files.  You can delete those files since they are not needed.

Also forgot to mention I optimized the textures and added mipmaps.  That should fix any texture glitches like the black body I was experiencing.

Edited by PsychoMachina

Meh, I can't get it to work. :( I get confused too easily. I simply added the "01 Main Plugin - x0.70scale" file and "02 Meshes-CBBE Petite+Type4 Skeleton" file to what I already had, overwriting the Monli.esp, then I installed Dual Sheath Redux and the Chesko mod (and did the SkyProc patcher like it wanted), and there's no change... Everything still equips vanilla style. So I got rid of the past Monli mods from you besides the textures, and there's still no change... Not only that, but no matter what I do it my Monli always has hands that don't match the body now (different texture from the looks of it...).

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong... but blah.

Meh, I can't get it to work. :( I get confused too easily. I simply added the "01 Main Plugin - x0.70scale" file and "02 Meshes-CBBE Petite+Type4 Skeleton" file to what I already had, overwriting the Monli.esp, then I installed Dual Sheath Redux and the Chesko mod (and did the SkyProc patcher like it wanted), and there's no change... Everything still equips vanilla style. So I got rid of the past Monli mods from you besides the textures, and there's still no change... Not only that, but no matter what I do it my Monli always has hands that don't match the body now (different texture from the looks of it...).

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong... but blah.

Completely uninstall the Monli race both new and any old files you still have.  Now reinstall in this order:

1)  00 Core.

2)  01 Main Plugin (00 Core contains the x0.80-scale main plugin).

3)  Choose a CBBE or UNP mesh with one of the skeleton options.

4)  Choose a texture set.

5)  Install Chesko's animation (only if you installed Type 01 - Type 02 skeletons).

6)  Install Dual Sheath Redux.

7)  Install any of the DSR compatible custom weapon meshes (found on the Dual Sheath Redux download page).  If not installing any weapon meshes, proceed with step #8.

8)  Run the Dual Sheath Redux patcher.

All done.  Everything should work.  You can change body/skeleton combinations without running the patcher again.

Did you install the Monli-Meshes.bsa and Monli-Textures.bsa?

What files from Monli v4.1 do you have installed?

When installed correctly, you would have these files:

Monli.bsa

Monli-Meshes.bsa

Monli-Textures.bsa

CuteDesigns.bsa

Monli.esp

Clean Invisibility Effects plus Eyes Fix.esp