Need Advice on how to connect a mesh to a body in Outfit Studio after dragging in a new body type

Hi all,

I'm a novice modder and found out that I can drag in assets from vanilla items into an outfit in outfit studio. I recently was trying to make a version of the roughspun tunic without pants, and I used the CBBE vanilla (physics) as a base. I then deleted the vertices of the pants successfully. However, I use the 3BA body type, and the base outfit comes with the standard CBBE body with physics. I found out unfortunately that after dragging in the 3ba body and deleting the cbbe body, that the bones don't seem to be connected to the mesh. Does anyone know a fix for this? If it's a long and tedious process I can bite the bullet and just redo it without dragging in the 3ba body assets, but I'd like to keep those if possible.

If you want to have clothes have the 3ba support, you will have to copy the bones to the outfit. You can find plenty of tutorials on youtube. It should be very easy by copying bone weight to the outfit. I cant explain it in my own words out of my head atm. 

I found a video that might help you 

https://youtu.be/Pa4O1bwY18Q

Thats why when you search for outfit mods, you want to have the 3ba bodyslide support too, to have it work on the 3ba body. Otherwise you have to convert it yourself. 

Might be tedious to learn the first time, but it's really not that difficult. The only problem you will get is that you probably want more and more and end up spending more time in bodyslide than actually playing the game. Trust me i know. 

To fix small clipping you can increase their meshes. Wich can be annoying with some clothes, because you have to test it in game and with every animations (walk, run, crouching, weapon/bow/magic equipped)