You Don't Need A Break (Fix an Eager NPCs annoyance)

You Don't Need A Break (Fix an Eager NPCs annoyance)

View File

I've been using Eager NPCs for a very long time and can't imagine playing without it.  However, when trying to do simple inventory management and having my followers tell me over and over (and over and over) again that they need a break for sex before I can do anything else has become extremely tedious and annoying.  Sometimes you have to tell them two or three times in a single dialog session that "we don't have time for that right now".

So this is a very stupid-simple mod that deletes those greetings.  The "You look flustered..." topic is still there, so you can initiate sex if you want, but you don't have the excess dialog in the way of doing other things.

Simply requires Eager NPCs (link above) and its requirements.  If you try it, let me know if it is or is not working for you, or any other trouble with it.

File is an ESP in ESL format.

It's been reported that this issue does not exist if you downloaded the "SexLab EagerNPCSE.7z" archive from the Eager NPCs link above, but it does exist if you use "SexLab EagerNPCSERev2.7z".  So be sure which version you're using, or don't bother installing this if you don't see the annoyance I discuss above.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/30/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sexlab Eager NPCs SE (SLEN) 1.0.0
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by km4387
12 minutes ago, Caithness said:

Odd - I play with SLENPCs and have never once heard them comment. Mod is definitely working - it is my main initiation mod.

I think that if you have sex lab aroused and paradise halls it's more likely to trigger for two simple reasons. 1. sex lab aroused makes npcs aroused if they see a naked person. 2. Paradise halls means you are more likely to have naked followers since the impulse playing skyrim is to loot everything including the clothes and so your slaves will be more likely to be naked.

16 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Starting a new game tonight. I'll be sure to let you know one way or another. Great idea!

Thanks - hope it works out.  Just to note for everyone though: this shouldn't need a new game, and should be safe to remove mid-game as well.  It only changes dialog.

---

You're welcome guys, thanks for all the support!

15 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

They'll comment if they have high enough arousal and you talk to them. They'll comment-block the normal dialogue options and demand sex on the spot.

No they don't - been using SL ENPCs for about 15 months, I have the SLA monitor widget running so I can often see my followers with 80+ arousal, and one in particular who always seems to shoot up to 100 really fast, never once have I seen them take over the conversation and suggest anything. Even when I initiate the SL ENPC's option in dialogue, I still only get the SL ENPC variations of "what do you want to do?" Dripping When Aroused also makes it pretty obvious who is aroused.

@Farsh Nuke "I think that if you have sex lab aroused and paradise halls it's more likely to trigger for two simple reasons. 1. sex lab aroused makes npcs aroused if they see a naked person. 2. Paradise halls means you are more likely to have naked followers since the impulse playing skyrim is to loot everything including the clothes and so your slaves will be more likely to be naked."

I don't use Paradise Halls. I also have the requirement for naked actors to change arousal OFF in the SLA MCM, so no need for naked actors - so my followers get aroused in what I think is a pretty rapid rate.

Edited by Caithness
25 minutes ago, Caithness said:

No they don't - been using SL ENPCs for about 15 months, I have the SLA monitor widget running so I can often see my followers with 80+ arousal, and one in particular who always seems to shoot up to 100 really fast, never once have I seen them take over the conversation and suggest anything. Even when I initiate the SL ENPC's option in dialogue, I still only get the SL ENPC variations of "what do you want to do?" Dripping When Aroused also makes it pretty obvious who is aroused.

@Farsh Nuke "I think that if you have sex lab aroused and paradise halls it's more likely to trigger for two simple reasons. 1. sex lab aroused makes npcs aroused if they see a naked person. 2. Paradise halls means you are more likely to have naked followers since the impulse playing skyrim is to loot everything including the clothes and so your slaves will be more likely to be naked."

I don't use Paradise Halls. I also have the requirement for naked actors to change arousal OFF in the SLA MCM, so no need for naked actors - so my followers get aroused in what I think is a pretty rapid rate.

Well it happens to us often enough. Maybe its just a random thing

59 minutes ago, Caithness said:

Caithness, can you verify that you're using the exact version of Eager NPCs I linked in the first post?  Simplest thing is just to see if the archive name exactly matches: "SexLab EagerNPCSERev2.7z".  If that's not your version, perhaps whatever you're using has been changed to avoid this issue, and I'd like to make a note of it in my description if so.

2 hours ago, km4387 said:

Caithness, can you verify that you're using the exact version of Eager NPCs I linked in the first post?  Simplest thing is just to see if the archive name exactly matches: "SexLab EagerNPCSERev2.7z".  If that's not your version, perhaps whatever you're using has been changed to avoid this issue, and I'd like to make a note of it in my description if so.

Also there is a setting in the SLEN MCM I think is called Lovers Perk Dialog. That will basically turn off the Follower dialog to take a break, but you will completely lose that option for all NPC's. It is possible that Caithnes's PC either isn't a lover of their follower, or they have this option turned off.

5 hours ago, km4387 said:

Thanks - hope it works out.  Just to note for everyone though: this shouldn't need a new game, and should be safe to remove mid-game as well.  It only changes dialog.

---

You're welcome guys, thanks for all the support!

This mod has an esp that appears in my plugin list, meaning that if you add or remove that mod mid-game, you'll shift your load order around. Shifting your load order around can potentially break mods that are dependent on other mods. The golden guideline of modding is to leave your load order alone once you start a new game for that very reason. Since I add and remove lots of mods between games, testing new stuff and dropping the mods that made me say "meh", it's not a big deal for me to start new. 

1 hour ago, Terrafide said:

Also there is a setting in the SLEN MCM I think is called Lovers Perk Dialog. That will basically turn off the Follower dialog to take a break, but you will completely lose that option for all NPC's. It is possible that Caithnes's PC either isn't a lover of their follower, or they have this option turned off.

I was thinking of that earlier - thanks for saying it out loud.  Yes the follower needs to be a lover.  I don't think I ever tried toggling that option, so can't speak to that part.

30 minutes ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

This mod has an esp that appears in my plugin list, meaning that if you add or remove that mod mid-game, you'll shift your load order around. Shifting your load order around can potentially break mods that are dependent on other mods. The golden guideline of modding is to leave your load order alone once you start a new game for that very reason. Since I add and remove lots of mods between games, testing new stuff and dropping the mods that made me say "meh", it's not a big deal for me to start new. 

Yes there are some specific instances where you shouldn't, but generally it is safe to change load order.  There are some mods that are ill behaved, such as SOS, but if you search, there are usually work arounds.  I change load order, add and remove mods daily.  My current PC is level 36, on save #2006, with 208 hours logged (4000 hours since I started on skyrim with steam, but I played skyrim before that also, and Oblivion, and Morrowind) - and serious problems are rare.  When I have them, I figure it out.

You do what you feel is best and safest for you, however, I'm not here to tell you what to do - just to share my meager mod with you.

Edited by km4387
36 minutes ago, km4387 said:

Yes there are some specific instances where you shouldn't, but generally it is safe to change load order.  There are some mods that are ill behaved, such as SOS, but if you search, there are usually work arounds.  I change load order, add and remove mods daily.  My current PC is level 36, on save #2006, with 208 hours logged (4000 hours since I started on skyrim with steam, but I played skyrim before that also, and Oblivion, and Morrowind) - and serious problems are rare.  When I have them, I figure it out.

You do what you feel is best and safest for you, however, I'm not here to tell you what to do - just to share my meager mod with you.

Fair enough. I leave my load order alone because I've seen tons of "this mod isn't working" or "I'm getting CTD's" statements on mod discussion pages that stem from adding or removing mods mid game. If you really know what you're doing, you can resolve those issues manually and using save cleaner tools. The way the Skyrim engine works is that things get baked into your game the moment you press "new". I'd rather play my game than figure out why something broke once I changed my mod list. But hey, that's just me.

7 hours ago, Terrafide said:

This would explain it - I never loaded the "Rev" version as the description page says it is "For Testing" - sounds like it might have been less annoying lol. Wonder what I've been missing - the version I have (the non - "Rev" one on the same link) works fine.

7 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

One trick for that is to make an esp that doesn't contain anything important - like a copy of an iron boot from Skyrim.esm for example. Then replace the esp you want to get rid of with that and your load order is preserved. Just remember to delete the dummy when you start a new game.

12 hours ago, Caithness said:

This would explain it - I never loaded the "Rev" version as the description page says it is "For Testing" - sounds like it might have been less annoying lol. Wonder what I've been missing - the version I have (the non - "Rev" one on the same link) works fine.

Thank you for helping solve the issue Caithness, I've edited the description to note the difference in revisions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 5:05 PM, km4387 said:

Thank you for helping solve the issue Caithness, I've edited the description to note the difference in revisions.

Isn't the 2.7 rev version the latest updated version though? Why would the latest version have this annoyance, but the earlier version didn't?

3 hours ago, Nohrin said:

Isn't the 2.7 rev version the latest updated version though? Why would the latest version have this annoyance, but the earlier version didn't?

I can't answer that for sure, and never used the other version.  I'd assume they were adding features as they went along, but really don't know.