You Don't Need A Break (Fix an Eager NPCs annoyance)

So - decided I would try SLEN 2.7Rev - to see what this mod was made for - and  - none of my followers making any comments. Had 4 female followers all on 100 arousal and left the poor things like that for ages (with DWA it's a wonder they didn't dehydrate lol) - nothing.

Saw that there was another mod that does something a bit similar to what I was checking - Follower Needs - followers with and MCM set arousal have a chance of either masturbating, asking (demanding pretty much) sex with you, or starting an orgy - but only in player housing or some other "safe" zones - which you can set in the MCM as well. This works exactly as described - and as there is a typo in the dialogue I can tell it is that mod doing the asking.

So I don't know why I get no demanding followers with SLEN - nothing is overwriting anything, no SSEEdit conflicts etc

I would really like something that has NPCs initiate the conversation - or at least make suggestive comments. Most (all?) mods tend to go from nothing happening to rampant sex on a single comment. Strangely, there is one mod NPC - Elvira from Hot Chicks multiple NPC pack - who does - every game - wanders around Whiterun making comments like "Oh yes please" whenever you walk past.

8 hours ago, Caithness said:

So - decided I would try SLEN 2.7Rev - to see what this mod was made for - and  - none of my followers making any comments. Had 4 female followers all on 100 arousal and left the poor things like that for ages (with DWA it's a wonder they didn't dehydrate lol) - nothing.

Saw that there was another mod that does something a bit similar to what I was checking - Follower Needs - followers with and MCM set arousal have a chance of either masturbating, asking (demanding pretty much) sex with you, or starting an orgy - but only in player housing or some other "safe" zones - which you can set in the MCM as well. This works exactly as described - and as there is a typo in the dialogue I can tell it is that mod doing the asking.

So I don't know why I get no demanding followers with SLEN - nothing is overwriting anything, no SSEEdit conflicts etc

I would really like something that has NPCs initiate the conversation - or at least make suggestive comments. Most (all?) mods tend to go from nothing happening to rampant sex on a single comment. Strangely, there is one mod NPC - Elvira from Hot Chicks multiple NPC pack - who does - every game - wanders around Whiterun making comments like "Oh yes please" whenever you walk past.

All I can think of is that your followers are not "lovers" (rank 4 in SLEN).  If I recall, other relationship ranks don't do the dialog block and you won't have the issue.  If they're not rank 4, you can test it by changing one of their ranks in the SLEN MCM, see if you get the dialog, then either change it back if you want, or reload your save.  If that's not the issue, then I'm really not sure - it certainly happens on my game and bugged me enough to create this mod.

Edited by km4387

They are lovers - that rank goes up so fast - more than 1/3 of the female NPCs in the game seem to start on confidant or ally status - I use a mod that shows status changes of any NPCs on screen - and on starting a conversation for the first time alone I often see status changes, then when I take them on as followers they often jump up again, have sex via SLEN once and there's three jumps. I entered Candlehearth Hall recently where there are about 8 mod followers in my list - half of them were lovers on first talking to them.

Edit - I actually have to pay a lot of attention to it, as I also use a mod called Compliments and Insults - so if I want to provoke a fight I can insult NPCs and lower their relationship. Compliments can raise it - but the mod author forgot to put a cap on the rises, and if you compliment a lover they can return to acquaintance - so I always check.

Edited by Caithness
13 hours ago, Caithness said:

They are lovers - that rank goes up so fast - more than 1/3 of the female NPCs in the game seem to start on confidant or ally status - I use a mod that shows status changes of any NPCs on screen - and on starting a conversation for the first time alone I often see status changes, then when I take them on as followers they often jump up again, have sex via SLEN once and there's three jumps. I entered Candlehearth Hall recently where there are about 8 mod followers in my list - half of them were lovers on first talking to them.

Edit - I actually have to pay a lot of attention to it, as I also use a mod called Compliments and Insults - so if I want to provoke a fight I can insult NPCs and lower their relationship. Compliments can raise it - but the mod author forgot to put a cap on the rises, and if you compliment a lover they can return to acquaintance - so I always check.

If I remember right you have to request sex with the NPC at least once through normal SLEN dialogue before they will start asking for sex.

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, StrayHALO_MAN said:

Can you also make it where the npc will follow to a spot before the scenes start?

That way it doesn't just jump into action after dialogue.

That's beyond the scope of this little mod, but check out I wanna watch - which may or may not be up your alley. In the description there, I linked a follow mod that should do as you like, by ignotum_virum.

Edited by km4387
22 minutes ago, sanya56714 said:

if I understand correctly, this thing removes the obsessive offer?

Yes, it removes the blocking topic "(SLEN) What's the matter my love?" and the reply "I need a break lover, is it OK if we have some fun together?".