AAF Causing constant Prewar Sanctuary CTDs? Please help if possible

Hello good tech wizards and gurus of LoversLab AAF Tech Support. I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this, however since my problem appears to be AAF-related, I shall start here. To preface, I recently got a decent-ish gaming pc (compared to the potato laptop I'd been using since 2017 that couldn't run any games past 2004 without any lag) and I started playing my newly-modded Fallout 4 using Vortex. That went well... until I started with the Advanced Animation Framework mods. As of roughly two days ago I switched to Mod Organizer 2 for the 4th time. After having read and seen pretty much everything about how to run the blasted thing, I still don't fully know how it works. I finally managed to get my mods in an acceptable order. (I think.) I fire up the game using MO2's built in F4SE, which now takes at least 15-20 seconds after sitting at a black screen. I start a new game as normal and when I get to either the small Prewar bridge leading to Vault 11 or right to the edge of the Vault entrance the game CTD's with no warnings at all. I'm about ready to give up. If I had hair to pull out I would have done so already. All requirements from the page [AAF Fucking Manual] are installed. Whether they are installed properly remains to be seen. My PC specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz

16GB DDR4 SDRam (That might be a typo)

500GB PCI-E NVMe SSD [Main Fallout 4 Install Location, in Program Files (x86)]

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

I play with GodRays and Weapon Debris set to off and the grass detail settings at their lowest. I also disabled all nonessential graphical settings before starting (rain occlusion, screen space reflections, etc.) All other graphics settings are on high.

My mod Load Order (Plugins) is this, in order from top to bottom except for those with an asterisk:

*Vault Meat LooksMenu Preset (Not in Plugins, Installed)

*Mod Configuration Menu 1.39 (Not in Plugins, Installed)

*A few CBBE/BodySlide Presets (Not in Plugins, Installed)

*ZaZ Extended Skeleton (Not in Plugins, Installed)

*F4z Ro D'oh [(Silent Protagonist) Not in Plugins, Installed]

*Crafting Highlights Fix 1.8.8 (Not in Plugins, Installed)

*Better Console (Not in Plugins, Installed)

*Hud Plus Plus (Not in Plugins, Installed)

*Unlimited Fast Travel - F4SE (Not in Plugins, Installed)

*3rd Person Beard Fix (Not in Plugins, Installed)

*Barber and Surgery Camera Fix (Not in Plugins, Not Installed)

*Custom Camera (Not in Plugins, Not Installed)

*Unbreakable Power Armor - Player Only  (Not in Plugins, Not Installed)

Fallout4.esm

DLCRobot.esm

DLCworkshop01.esm

DLCCoast.esm

DLCworkshop02.esm

DLCworkshop03.esm

DLCNukaWorld.esm 

CBBE

Archimedes-II.esp (Weapon w/optional 4k texture pack, which is not in load order)

AWKCR (ArmorKeywords.esm)

UCO (clothingoverhaul.esp)

UCO Season Pass (ClothingOverhaulSP_XB1_PC.esp)

Armorsmith Extended.esp

AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp

SettlementDialogueOverhaul (PiperCaitCurieDialogueOverhaul.esp)

ExtendedDialogueInterface (XDI.esm)

Covenant with Script (Covscript.esp)

Cut Interview with Piper (Interview.esp)

Bullet Time (SlowTime.esp)

HUDFramework.esm

Keep Radiants in the Commonwealth

Keep Radiants in the Commonwealth (SDO Patch)

Knockout Framework.esm

Knockout Framework - CombatZoneRestored Patch.esp

Non-Lethal Armory.esp

CombatZoneRestored.esp

CheatBunker.esm

CheatBunkerAutomatron.esp

CheatBunkerContraptions.esp

CheatBunkerFarHarbor.esp

CheatBunkerNukaWorld.esp

CheatBunkerVaultTec.esp

CheatBunkerWastelandWorkshop.esp

AS_CraftableInstituteStations.esp (AS Craftable Institute Stations)

FCPSMod.esp (Field Constructible Personnel Shelter)

AkaWaterWorld.esp (Build Your Own Pool)

AS_Food_Synth (AS Food Synth Station)

Bridge Wall Bunker.esp

InstituteBuildPieces.esp (Whisper's Institute Build Pieces)

Penthouse.esp (Top Floor Loft)

LazmansPoses.esp (with AAF compatibility patch)

RCsCenterfoldPoses.esp (with AAF compatibility patch)

dragonsamurai360's ultimate cheat mod fallout 4 edition.esp

AdvSettleTurretSet.esp (Advanced Settlement Turret Set)

dragonsamurai360's ultimate cheat mod fallout 4 edition addon.esp

Craftable Vault 81 Cure.esp

Mole Rat Disease Fix.esp

CheatTerminal.esp

No Level Up Reminder.esl

No Perk Level Requirements ALL DLC 3.0.esp

NoAffinityCooldown.esp/TheyWantThatAss.esp (No Negative Affinity & No Affinity Cooldown)

Lots More Facial Hair.esp

Lots More Female Hairstyles.esp

Lots More Male Hairstyles.esp

CROSS_BrotherhoodRecon.esp (w/optional 4k texture pack, which is not in load order)

CROSS_CoA.esp (w/optional 4k texture pack, which is not in load order) 

CROSS_CourserStrigidae.esp (w/optional 4k texture pack, which is not in load order) (Possibly replaces Institute Courser outfit, haven't made it far enough to test)

CROSS_InstituteExpeditionarySuit.esp (w/optional 4k texture pack, which is not in load order) (Replaces Institute Hazmat Suit)

CROSS_MojaveManhunter.esp (w/optional 4k texture pack, which is not in load order)

CROSS_VertibirdFlightsuit.esp (w/optional 4k texture pack, which is not in load order)

DlxClothesPack.esp

All outfits by TheKite (with AWKCR & Armorsmith patches, about 16 separate esps)

DX_Banshee_Recon_Armor.esp (with separate ChamelionFix.esp)

Wildey.esp (the handcannon of a pistol from Death Wish 3)

AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp

LooksMenu.esp (v1.6.18, Required for AAF animations and stuff)

YoungMamaMurphy.esp

Chainsaw.esp (Murdering Chainsaw weapon)

The entire Fusion City Rising Questline [AA_FusionCityRising.esp, AA FusionCityRising - HotC.esp, subwayrunnernodynamic.esp (Subway Runner, No Dynamic Lighting or Shadows), OutcastsAndRemnants.esp, SP OaR Quest Edits.esp, ProjectValkyrie.esp, Phase4DLC.esp (Phase 4: An Institute Expansion compatible with Project Valkyrie), Depravity.esp, SP Depravity Quest Edits.esp, AA 50 Ways To Die.esp (50 Ways To Die at Dr. Nick's)]

BarefootFootstepSet.esp

BodyTalk3-LooksMenu.esp (BodyTalk 4.0, and I'm about 99.9% sure I've figured out how to make this run. Then again, I could be wrong.)

TortureDevices.esm

Vioxsis_Strap-Ons.esp

DeviousDevices.esm

DeviousDevices Blindfold Effect Remover.esp

dd-bp-lol.esp (Plugs of the Commonwealth-Devious Devices)

Boston Breeder.esp

DansesWearableHolotags_v01-2.esp

CWSS Redux.esp

AAF.esm

AAFThemes.esl (Installed all 3 of them)

AAF_GrayAnimations.esp

Farelle_Animations.esp

FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp

Vadermania[AAF_anims].esp

AAF_Four-Play_Animations_Crazy6987.esp

Crazy_Animations_Gun.esp

AAF_CreaturePack01.esp

AAF_CreaturePack02DLC.esp

MYLadyKillerBed.esp

Atomic Lust.esp

Rufgt's Animations.esp

Mutated Lust.esp

LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp

SavageCabbage_Animations.esp

rxl_bp70_animations.esp

MagnoCumGaudio.esp

The Ultimate AAF Patch (7 separate esps)

FP_FamilyPlanningEnhances.esp (AAF_FamilyPlanningEnhanced Redux)

Wasteland Dairy Framework (INVB_Impregnation_OF.esp, INVB_Outfits_Framework.esp, INVB_Resources.esp, INVB_Storyline.esp, INVB_WastelandDairy.esp, INVB_WastelandOffspring.esp)

OppaiMilkPasties.esp

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TL;DR: Sort your plugins.

ESM and Master flagged plugins CANNOT, under ANY circumstances, be under or in-between ESPs.

AAFThemes.esl (Installed all 3 of them)

I hope you mean the AIO "Vanilla/Kinky/Creature Theme" one and not three separate ones.

Either way, it's not AAF that's causing your CTDs but your mess of a plugins list.

As far as AAF goes, plugin order does not matter, so long as ESM/ESL/ESP are sorted properly. MOD order, is what matters for AAF because of file conflicts, plugins mean shit.

If you need help with AAF and Animations themselves, you're gonna have to head over to the AAF Discord.

Troubleshooting through a forum is a pain in the ass.

Edited by Saya Scarlett
21 minutes ago, Agent_Smith said:

Well, I sorted everything using LOOT and I still get CTDs in Prewar Sanctuary.

My guess is that you may have too many script heavy mods. FO4 has a limit as to how many scripts it will tolerate before crashing. Some folks recommend Buffout to give you more script "room". I do not use Buffout, but I limit the number of scripts in my load order for stabilty and a no crash environment. You could check the mod files and whether it has scripts or not, then disable as many as you want and try out in a new test game. AAF has scripts and might have pushed you over the limit..  

3 hours ago, Agent_Smith said:

I ended up fully reinstalling Fallout 4 again. I had Buffout 4 installed previously but I guess it didn't help.

Install Buffout again, then when the game CTDs post your crash log here as an attachment.  It will be in My Documents\My Games\Fallout4\F4SE\ and named crash_[date-time].log.

18 hours ago, Agent_Smith said:

I ended up fully reinstalling Fallout 4 again. I had Buffout 4 installed previously but I guess it didn't help.

*Scratches his head* By chance, have you perhaps made the same mistake I made the first time I used buffout? I had checked and downloaded the requirements - preloader, address library -and also downloaded the TBB redistributables...but then, real life kicked in and when I came back I only installed Buffout and TBB via NMM...?...and forgot about the requirements.

Long story short - buffout does imho an excellent job...as long as it is properly installed. Cannot imagine it being the culprit.

Small update: I think I finally got everything working, no CTD yet and made it to Postwar Sanctuary. Messing around with MCM settings to see what works and what needs looked at. So far, so good. Thank you for all the help. If I need any more help, I'll be back.

Edited by Agent_Smith