Fallout 4 Mods Not Loading MO2

Title says most of it. I open F4SE through MO2, start my new game. Mods that seem to work are Looksmenu, Real Handcuffs, Tats after Rape, and MCM. They're all scattered through my load order so it's not a 'stops working after x amount of mods' thing. I'm running out of ideas. I'd link my load order and everything, but I'm not sure how to do all that. 

Here are a couple notes I see so far.

- did you use any method of sorting your mods, like LOOT?  Because I see esm files sprinkled throughout the list and those generally need to be right under the main game files, because they will be sometimes used as "masters" by other mods.

- Check your mod managers conflicts column to see if there are any lightning bolts.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing if there are, but you'll want to check them out to see if you need to change a mods order.

- MO2 has a left hand side and a right hand side, and both matter.  In the left hand side, things that are higher priority (lower down towards the bottom of the list) can overwrite things with a lower priority (things that appear higher up on the list).  It can be confusing at first.  When I say low priority, look at the priority column and you'll see a number.  Higher number = higher priority = overwrites conflicts that are lower priority.

- Check the Notifications area to see if there are any flags there

- Once you get your load order settled, look into how to do a "Bashed Patch".

- Did you follow the up-to-date adult setup guide?

- Not everything will show up in the MCM menu, that doesn't mean it's not installed.  It's just that MCM for Fallout wasn't implemented for a little while, so some of the older mods will use "holotapes" and ini files for configuration.  For example, AAF doesn't have an MCM menu, it uses a configuration file within the mod folder.  Details are in the guide.  There's also instructions for how to test things in there.  You may want to just add 1 adult animation file at a time, and then test it.

- When you start up a new game, are you getting the "AAF" pop up windows?

- I would stay away from Farrelle's animations, because they have some display issues due to the evolution of the body mods.  But you can try them if you want.

- I wrote up something here that might interest you, it has some general modding tips.  I would recommend just starting with like 4 or 5 mods, maybe 10 at the most, disable all the adult stuff, and get that to work first.

- Something I left out of my little tips link, be sure to add this to your ini file (click for instructions):

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Let me know if you are still stuck after checking that stuff.  :)

Edited by Marg597
spelling
24 minutes ago, Marg597 said:

- did you use any method of sorting your mods, like LOOT?  Because I see esm files sprinkled throughout the list and those generally need to be right under the main game files, because they will be sometimes used as "masters" by other mods.

I ran LOOT. Is that a problem? 

There are plenty of lightning bolts within the load order but I've organized the conflicts the best I can so they have the widest functionality (the least issues across the board). Same with overall load order with the numbers. 

No warnings or notifications anywhere in the app.

Looking into a Bashed Patch now

I actually used the AAF Fucking Manual as my guide to downloading all the lewd shit. No AAF pop ups, but I stop before I get out of character creation because Fusion Girl doesn't even load. 

I'll check out the other tips and get back to ya! 

Edited by 3D_Killer
Wasn't done typing

Loot is ok, but it doesn't sort the adult mods correctly.  So after you run it, use the suggested order in the guide for adult mods.  But I wonder if your LOOT is working.  Make sure it's putting the esm's toward the top of the plugin list.  If it's not doing that, it might not be sorting.  When I was using LOOT with MO2, I would run loot and then click the sort button above the plugin section.  I don't remember if that's necessary or not...

Bashed patch is good to look into but not absolutely required so try not to get bogged down with that before getting a handful of mods working :)

It'll be a few hours before I can check the thread again but maybe someone else has tips.

Cheers