Horizon compatibility with adult mods

Hi, I am starting a fresh game and wanted to try horizon as it looks very interesting but it seems like horizon has essentially no/very little compatibility with other mods, I was wondering if anyone know the answer to this before I pour countless hours into testing it myself.

mods i would be using are things like aaf violate (or another mod that does the same things if anyone has recommendations*), FPE, devious devices, Hardship + more but just to give a general idea

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17374

This is the specific mod I'm talking about if anyone needs a refresh

*i did use MCG and RSE at some point but they often seemed to glitch out but that was probably more than a year ago

I just had a run through the support thread and saw a couple people trying to run it but weren't succesful it seems.  there was a diffferent thread talking about Horizon + AAF and running too many .swf files, so be aware that there seems to be some limitations.  Maybe some things will work but not everything?  If horizons makes many world edits, you may have some incompatibilites with any adult mods that make edits in the same places.  But feel free to try it!

My suggestion is to follow this guide, add the animations 1 at a time and test each time before adding any other adult mods.  Follow it carefully, 1 step at a time.  If you can get AAF and an animation mod to work, go to the next animation mod.  Then maybe once you have all the animations you want, add something like "Sex em Up".  If any of them will work, probably that one.  And perhaps Commonwealth Captives.

If you get Horizons and AAF to work, try and report back here and let us know so the next person that finds your thread will have the answer.  Or maybe someone will come by here soon and tell me I'm wrong and it doesn't work at all ? 

Ooops almost forgot the most important part:  This thing here, this is what you want.

Edited by Marg597
On 11/27/2021 at 5:42 AM, Marg597 said:

I just had a run through the support thread and saw a couple people trying to run it but weren't succesful it seems.  there was a diffferent thread talking about Horizon + AAF and running too many .swf files, so be aware that there seems to be some limitations.  Maybe some things will work but not everything?  If horizons makes many world edits, you may have some incompatibilites with any adult mods that make edits in the same places.  But feel free to try it!

My suggestion is to follow this guide, add the animations 1 at a time and test each time before adding any other adult mods.  Follow it carefully, 1 step at a time.  If you can get AAF and an animation mod to work, go to the next animation mod.  Then maybe once you have all the animations you want, add something like "Sex em Up".  If any of them will work, probably that one.  And perhaps Commonwealth Captives.

If you get Horizons and AAF to work, try and report back here and let us know so the next person that finds your thread will have the answer.  Or maybe someone will come by here soon and tell me I'm wrong and it doesn't work at all ? 

Ooops almost forgot the most important part:  This thing here, this is what you want.

Thanks so much, i'm out of town for a week so i'll begin testing when i get back but this seems like a really good way to start!

1 hour ago, FovI said:

Thanks so much, i'm out of town for a week so i'll begin testing when i get back but this seems like a really good way to start!

I forgot to mention that the other post I saw with the swf issues, they were trying to run Sim Settlements alongside Horizon and AAF among other mods that may also add swf files.  So if you had also wanted to try Sim Settlements, perhaps better to leave that one off until you get a stable load order.  Likewise it might be a good idea to keep track of how many mods being added also add swf files in case there is a limit, so you can have an easier time troubleshooting.

You may also take care to read as much documentation as you can about what is included with Horizon, as some people have had issues when adding mods that are already covered by something included with Horizon and they end up with crashing and errors related to conflicts.

I just started a new game using Horizon.  There are a lot of compatibility patches available on the Nexus.  I have a full load out of AAF animations, with AAF and other adult mods installed. So far, the compatibility problems I've noticed with AAF and Horizon are negligible to non-existent.  With one notable exception.  If I include Wasteland Dairy in my load order, the game crashes before it even gets to the main menu.  I saw one comment in the support thread for this mod where someone did get Wasteland Dairy to load and run with Horizon, and their problem was a compatibility issue with stimpaks.  So I'm thinking this is a "me" problem and not a problem with either mod.   With all of that having been said,  I'm only 2 hours into this new run, so I may have problems as the game progresses.   But for now, I've seen no problems with any of the animations playing or any serious conflict/compatibility issues.

7 hours ago, Marg597 said:

I forgot to mention that the other post I saw with the swf issues, they were trying to run Sim Settlements alongside Horizon and AAF among other mods that may also add swf files.  So if you had also wanted to try Sim Settlements, perhaps better to leave that one off until you get a stable load order.  Likewise it might be a good idea to keep track of how many mods being added also add swf files in case there is a limit, so you can have an easier time troubleshooting.

You may also take care to read as much documentation as you can about what is included with Horizon, as some people have had issues when adding mods that are already covered by something included with Horizon and they end up with crashing and errors related to conflicts.

i tend to leave out sim settlements so i'll certainly keep that in mind, i'll also keep a look out for .swf files though it doesn't seem entirely clear why they cause a problem, i do realise that just doing mods one by one and testing is the only way but just the thought of that makes my skin crawl (lets say ~400 mods x~60 sec to get into a save game is about 7 hours of just launching and shutting down the game). I really do appreciate the great advice here

4 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

I just started a new game using Horizon.  There are a lot of compatibility patches available on the Nexus.  I have a full load out of AAF animations, with AAF and other adult mods installed. So far, the compatibility problems I've noticed with AAF and Horizon are negligible to non-existent.  With one notable exception.  If I include Wasteland Dairy in my load order, the game crashes before it even gets to the main menu.  I saw one comment in the support thread for this mod where someone did get Wasteland Dairy to load and run with Horizon, and their problem was a compatibility issue with stimpaks.  So I'm thinking this is a "me" problem and not a problem with either mod.   With all of that having been said,  I'm only 2 hours into this new run, so I may have problems as the game progresses.   But for now, I've seen no problems with any of the animations playing or any serious conflict/compatibility issues.

Interesting, definitely keep us updated here! 

So just as an update:  I recently started a new playthrough using Horizon.  I've had to patch a lot of non-AAF mods so they would play nice with Horizon using FO4Edit.  That is mostly a simple process. See: 

After cleaning up my compatibility issues with non - AAF mods, I noticed that very few AAF mods actually conflict with Horizon.  There ARE some, most notably the plugins that come with Ulberth's UAP patch.  Those were easily patched using the same process above.  I then started out my new run by playing through the entire NukaRide mod by JB.  

I like this mod on a new playthrough for two reasons.  1: It is designed for a level one player just starting out.  2: It's a really, really fun and well made mod.

During my entire run, I had a couple of minor, non-game breaking glitches (because Fallout + Mods = glitches).   But overall, everything played near-perfectly well together.  I still haven't tried to get Wasteland Dairy to run, but I haven't seen any real problems with AAF and Horizon Compatibility yet.

Another update.  I broke my game trying to patch Wasteland Dairy to get it to work.  So I blew up my entire game file, reinstalled everything but the main FO4 data files, and reinstalled all my mods.  I figured out that Wasteland Dairy had an Armor Keywords (AWKCR) patch within the main file that wasn't needed.  I recently dropped AKWCR in favor of the new Equipment and Crafting Overhaul mod.  Turns out that AKWCR requirement was preventing my game from even starting by causing a CTD before the main menu could even load.   I've started a new run through, this time Wasteland Dairy is working just fine with Horizon after some minor patching.

Thanks @MrNicoras for keeping us updated on the issues you've faced with Horizon + AAF and how you resolve them, will hopefully help others that come along and see this.  Did you end up using "clean Masters" command from FO4Edit on Wasteland Dairy to remove the AWKCR, or was it more involved than that?

There are several different options to load from the fomod when installing.  Among the first is the option to install with the AKWCR patch, the Unofficial Fallout Patch, Both, or None.  I had Both selected the last time I'd installed, because the run I posted about above was the first I've tried using the ECO mod instead of AKWCR.  But since all my mods were already installed, I didn't change the Wasteland Dairy to remove the AKWCR requirement.  So in the end, to answer your question, it was a really simple, stupid problem, with a simple, stupid fix.  I just forgot.

Best advice I can give people trying out Horizon is to make liberal and frequent use of FO4 Edit's Quick Conflicts Check tool to fix any compatibility issues.  In my current run I just restarted, I'm running 220 active mods with 184 active plugins, including a bunch of AAF mods, and it's running smooth as butter.  That said, I'm only a couple hours into the new playthrough, so it may all fall apart down the road, especially if I keep adding mods.   I'll throw my current load order in for any nerds out there who care to see what I'm running currently.

Spoiler

[0]    Fallout4.esm
    [1]    DLCRobot.esm
    [2]    DLCworkshop01.esm
    [3]    DLCCoast.esm
    [4]    DLCworkshop02.esm
    [5]    DLCworkshop03.esm
    [6]    DLCNukaWorld.esm
    [7]    Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
    [8]    XDI.esm
    [FE:0]    FOVSlider.esl
    [9]    INVB_WastelandDairy.esp
    [10]    TheWilderness.esm
    [FE:1]    EroticArt.esl
    [FE:2]    EroticArt - Expanded.esl
    [FE:3]    BerettaM9FS.esl
    [FE:4]    WashOutThatCum.esl
    [FE:5]    Bememoth Separated Cart.esl
    [11]    TortureDevices.esm
    [12]    Devious Devices.esm
    [13]    AAF.esm
    [FE:6]    AAFThemes.esl
    [14]    Homemaker.esm
    [15]    INVB_Outfits_Framework.esp
    [16]    INVB_OverlayFramework.esp
    [FE:7]    lnrLMFO4AllInOne-AdditionalPubicHairOverlays.esl
    [FE:8]    lnrLMFO4AllInOne-PubesForeverOverlays.esl
    [FE:9]    Loot Detector.esl
    [FE:10]    WhatsYourName.esl
    [17]    FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp
    [FE:11]    BodyTalk3-RaiderNormalsFix.esl
    [18]    Z_Architect.esm
    [FE:12]    ImmersiveDogmeat.esl
    [19]    FlirtyCommonwealth.esp
    [20]    KSHairdos.esp
    [21]    LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
    [22]    Z_Horizon_Loot_Respawn.esp
    [23]    Z_Horizon_Loot_Respawn_DLC.esp
    [24]    PiperCaitCurieDialogueOverhaul.esp
    [25]    NB_BuildLimitRemover.esp
    [26]    Realistic_conversations.esp
    [27]    Looks Height Patch.esp
    [28]    Boston Breeder.esp
    [29]    ECO.esp
    [30]    sectorv.esp
    [31]    UnownedTrash.esp
    [32]    GoodneighborExpanded.esp
    [33]    Raider Children.esp
    [34]    America Rising - A Tale of the Enclave.esp
    [35]    FarHarborStory.esp
    [36]    Youth of the Commonwealth.esp
    [37]    DiverseChildren.esp
    [38]    FPEAIOCreatureAddon.esp
    [39]    FPE_BabyAddons.esp
    [FE:13]    INVB_Storyline.esp
    [40]    pigmod1.esp
    [41]    Children of Ug Qualtoth.esp
    [42]    InoueKinkyKollars.esp
    [43]    EroticArt.esp
    [44]    cat_wildlands.esp
    [45]    bbprepatch.esp
    [46]    Boston Devious Helper.esp
    [47]    RealHandcuffs.esp
    [48]    Beggar_Whore.esp
    [49]    AA HotC - Standalone.esp
    [50]    AdvancedNeeds2.esp
    [51]    AdvancedNeeds2_Expansion_03_AAF.esp
    [52]    Stashable Caps.esp
    [53]    AA HotC - Standalone - SE.esp
    [54]    Killable Children.esp
    [55]    Orphans.esp
    [56]    Actor Scale Remover.esp
    [57]    FainthearthManor.esp
    [58]    llamaCompanionHeather.esp
    [59]    AkaWaterWorld.esp
    [FE:14]    luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 5.esp
    [60]    luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 4.esp
    [61]    luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 3.esp
    [62]    luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 2.esp
    [63]    luxor8071 HD Texture Pack AIO.esp
    [64]    KziitdAnimationPoses.esp
    [65]    XM2010_SniperRifle_by_tooun.esp
    [66]    XM2010_SniperRifle_STS.esp
    [67]    Smoke-able Cigars.esp
    [68]    _WastelandBallistics_.esp
    [69]    Glock19x.esp
    [70]    Crossbow.esp
    [71]    3dscopes-replacer-crossbow.esp
    [72]    3dscopes-replacer.esp
    [73]    EveryonesBestFriend.esp
    [74]    FHSBonus.esp
    [FE:15]    Crimson_Punk_Outfit.esp
    [75]    FO4PiercingsSED7.esp
    [76]    HN66Fo4_TRS.esp
    [77]    HN66Fo4_EarringsV1.esp
    [FE:16]    FO4HHS_AAF.esp
    [78]    Elegant Hardware.esp
    [79]    ASA.esp
    [80]    Dickys Pinup Outfit.esp
    [81]    AAF_AutonomyEnhanced.esp
    [82]    AAF_SEU.esp
    [83]    Piercings.esp
    [84]    DansesWearableHolotags_v01-2.esp
    [85]    FP_SexualHarassment.esp
    [86]    GetDirty.esp
    [87]    Raider Pet.esp
    [88]    AAF_Violate.esp
    [FE:17]    AAF_Violate_DLC_Patch.esp
    [89]    CumOverlays.esp
    [90]    Just Business.esp
    [91]    le666piercings.esp
    [FE:18]    RealHandcuffs_DD_Compatibility.esp
    [FE:19]    RealHandcuffs_JB_Compatibility.esp
    [FE:20]    recursive_dd_patch.esp
    [92]    SexEd.esp
    [93]    FPAttributes.esp
    [94]    SalvageBeacons.esp
    [95]    THPoses.esp
    [96]    LewdTalks.esp
    [97]    CRX.esp
    [FE:21]    Devious Devices Face Morphs.esp
    [98]    Atomic Lust.esp
    [99]    Crazy_Animations_Gun.esp
    [100]    rxl_bp70_animations.esp
    [101]    Rufgt's Animations.esp
    [102]    Vadermania[AAF_anims].esp
    [103]    SavageCabbage_Animations.esp
    [104]    AAF_GrayAnimations.esp
    [105]    Vioxsis_Strap-Ons.esp
    [106]    Farelle_Animations.esp
    [107]    FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp
    [108]    UAP Moans.esp
    [FE:22]    AAF_Violate_Feral_Animations.esp
    [109]    AAF_Four-Play_Animations_Crazy6987.esp
    [110]    Deathclaw_nude.esp
    [111]    ErectionFix_SilverPerv.esp
    [FE:23]    SuperMutantFreezeFix.esp
    [FE:24]    Zaz Particle Effects.esp
    [112]    BraveAnims.esp
    [FE:25]    BraveAnims_Fix.esp
    [113]    Prisoner Shackles.esp
    [114]    Mutated Lust.esp
    [115]    MYLadyKillerBed.esp
    [116]    AAF_CreaturePack02DLC.esp
    [117]    AAF_CreaturePack01.esp
    [118]    TatsAfterRape.esp
    [119]    AAF_BadEnd_Animations.esp
    [120]    Render Tattoos.esp
    [121]    LewdMarks.esp
    [122]    ZaZOut4.esp
    [FE:26]    INVB_OverlayFramework_PubicHair_Additional.esp
    [FE:27]    INVB_OverlayFramework_PubicHair_Pubesforever.esp
    [FE:28]    INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_DonJunk-Rutah.esp
    [FE:29]    INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_SlaveTats.esp
    [FE:30]    INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_krisser143.esp
    [123]    LMBTOverlays.esp
    [124]    MiscHairstyle.esp
    [125]    RutahTattooPack_FO4.esp
    [126]    The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
    [127]    TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
    [128]    SlaveTattoos.esp
    [129]    HN66Fo4_Nails.esp
    [130]    Flashy_CrimeAndPunishment.esp
    [FE:31]    FPE_BabyAddon_Cloning.esp
    [131]    INVB_Resources.esp
    [FE:32]    INVB_WhatsYourName.esp
    [132]    BodyTalk3-LooksMenu.esp
    [133]    FusionGirl.esp
    [134]    AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
    [135]    LooksMenu.esp
    [136]    AdvancedNeeds2_Expansion_04_MestrualCycle.esp
    [137]    HN66Fo4_EasyGirl_BS.esp
    [138]    StartMeUp.esp
    [139]    StartMeUpFarHarborPatch.esp
    [140]    StartMeUpNukaWorldPatch.esp
    [141]    SNR2_Vampire.esp
    [142]    Nuka Ride.esp
    [143]    Nuka Ride BYOP Patch.esp
    [144]    Z_Horizon.esp
    [145]    Z_Horizon_DLC_All.esp
    [FE:33]    PeopleArentTheSameHeightTodd510.esp
    [146]    Z_Architect_Extras.esp
    [FE:34]    z_Horizon_patch_AmericaRising.esp
    [FE:35]    z_Horizon_patch_CoUQ.esp
    [147]    MikeMooresMCAM.esp
    [148]    Horizon Youth Patch.esp
    [149]    Replacer Patch.esp
    [150]    IWCurie.esp
    [151]    IWMacCready.esp
    [152]    IWDesdemona.esp
    [153]    IWGlory.esp
    [154]    IWMagnolia.esp
    [155]    IWTinaDeLuca.esp
    [156]    Horizon - Freezefix Patch.esp
    [157]    Horizon - Dairy Patch.esp
    [158]    Horizon - NukaRide Patch.esp
    [159]    Trash Patch.esp
    [160]    Horizon - Dogmeat Patch.esp
    [161]    Horizon - Outfits Framework Patch.esp
    [162]    Horizon - SilverPerv Patch.esp
    [FE:36]    Erotic Art Horizon Patch.esp
    [163]    BerettaM9FS.esp
    [164]    Horizon 3dscopes-replacer.esp
    [165]    Z_Horizon_Patch_Heather_Casdin.esp
    [FE:37]    z_Horizon_patch_bbprepatch.esp
    [166]    ChainBikini.esp
    [167]    Z_Horizon_Patch_CAP.esp
    [FE:38]    StartMeUp_Horizon.esp
    [168]    Z_Extras.esp
    [169]    Z_Horizon_DEFUI.esp
    [170]    Z_Horizon_Patch_Crossbow.esp
    [171]    Z_Horizon_Patch_Homemaker.esp
    [172]    Z_Horizon_Timescale.esp
    [FE:39]    z_Horizon_patch_FarHarborStory.esp
    [173]    Horizon Smoke-able Cigars  Patch.esp
    [174]    HorizonBleedingAndBurning.esp
    [175]    Z_Architect_EnhancedSettlements.esp
    [176]    Z_Architect_EnhancedSettlements_DLC.esp
    [177]    Horizon - Vampire Patch.esp
    [178]    Kids Misc Patch.esp
    [179]    Horizon - Breeder Patch.esp
    [180]    goodlooking piper v1.esp
    [181]    GL Piper Patch.esp
    [182]    Horizon - Kids Patch.esp
    [183]    Horizon - Wilderness Patch.esp
    [184]    Z_Architect_HomePlate.esp

The further I'm getting into this playthrough, the more quirks and incompatibilities I'm finding.  If anyone plans on playing a run using Violate (Raider Pet) or other mods with surrender/abduction functions, be advised:  Horizon uses a "bleed-out" function where, if you are shot, you will continue to bleed out (i.e. Lose Health) until a bandage is applied.  This causes obvious problems if your mod causes you to automatically surrender once you hit a certain health threshold.  If you can still access your pip-boy, then you can apply the bandage.  If not, you'll need the console.  Just a heads up.

13 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

The further I'm getting into this playthrough, the more quirks and incompatibilities I'm finding.  If anyone plans on playing a run using Violate (Raider Pet) or other mods with surrender/abduction functions, be advised:  Horizon uses a "bleed-out" function where, if you are shot, you will continue to bleed out (i.e. Lose Health) until a bandage is applied.  This causes obvious problems if your mod causes you to automatically surrender once you hit a certain health threshold.  If you can still access your pip-boy, then you can apply the bandage.  If not, you'll need the console.  Just a heads up.

I guess an alternative would be setting Violate health threshold to 0 and just manually surrendering when you want to have some fun :)

Combat strip has some kind of god mode function when you get naked, I wonder if that would overrule the horizon bleedout ?

12 hours ago, Marg597 said:

I guess an alternative would be setting Violate health threshold to 0 and just manually surrendering when you want to have some fun :)

Combat strip has some kind of god mode function when you get naked, I wonder if that would overrule the horizon bleedout ?

I've noticed the "god mode function" works sometimes.  Tbh I haven't had that many opportunities to test it yet.  I'll update when I know more.

Edited by MrNicoras

I ended my last playthrough.  SimSettlements2 - Chapter 2 was released yesterday.  There are Horizon patches for the first chapter, but I'm not gambling on those working for Chapter 2 yet.  So that means I'm starting a new game without Horizon.  I had some weird conflicts with my last playthrough.  Nothing bad, but I lost some mod functionality.  Those conflicts were unrelated to AAF.  From everything I could see, I had zero conflicts between AAF and Horizon.  I encourage others to try using both loadouts.  If enough people play both, and if there are problems, we'll find them.  

Edited by MrNicoras
  • 11 months later...

I only play Horizon, on the hardest setting, you die in a single hit frequently, which made AFF surrender very desirable and necessary occasionally,  just to survive.  Running   every single sex animation  mod except crazy's, with violate, combat strip, Dangerous nights, Sex you Up, commonwealth captives, animated fannies, RSE ll CSA,  with Better "Combat Settlers" mortal packs and so much more with Horizon, on a weak, 8 GB ram, core 2 quad 266 processor, and its the best game I have ever seen, yet,  I get some low frame rates on settlement attacks at max difficulty with some 20 settlers, several gorilla, dogs, and occasional deathclaw pets defending vs SKS settlement attacks, and NPC's wander insanity.  But Horizon is hardly or not at all more glitchy with AFF, as without.  UAP order is critical, and begger Whore causes problems occationally, so I stopped using Begger Hore.  Honestly, the problems have little to nothing to do with AFF, loads and functions perfectly, saves me from dying most the time, and on Outcast, the most difficult Horizon setting  you can possibly make Fallout, it matters.  In short, AFF and Horizon work beautifully together, especially on insane realistic difficulty, playing a gorgeous lady, it just makes sense sometimes, amazing combination, I highly recommend it, but the load order is a learning curve.  Sexy clothing mods,  Reginals Prefab Shackfest even works, but CBBE,  breast Jiggle physics PANDEMONIUM  and animated fannies hate eachother, etc. etc. its never AFF if you follow the "A Fucking Manual" and run Mod Organizer 2, I actually switched from Vortex to MO2, and that fixed everything for me.  The Deadly Commonwealth can cause memory issues combined with " NPC's wander on insane settings, but has nothing to do with AFF.  It was always like that with such a weak homemade PC. Again, HORIZON ON OUTCAST +AAF+EVERY ANIMATION MOD minus  HARDSHIP,  THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD.   Hardship works, but made the game to easy, as Raiders are easily pacified, ruining immersion.  Thank you amazing Mod creators, I wish I had money to give you, the game is 10 times what it was without your contribution, freaking amazing man.  PS, learn how to use Mod Organizer 2, somehow, its just more comprehensive for combining Horizon and AAF

Edited by Daangerousda

Final note for Horizon survival +AAF.   Install and verify that your AAF+Horizon are installed and working first.  Select your game difficulty during Horizon install.  Only three files are necessary for Horizon AMAZING survival gaming.

1) Horizon Weapon Merge Pack https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23892?

2) Horizon Main File version 1.8.7 the latest https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17374?tab=files

3) Horizon v. 1.8 temp Fixes ESP same place as main file, scroll down below main file for TEMP 1.8  fixes file

So many weapons, so many game enhancements in Horizon, forget all your previous  weapon packs, you DONT need them with Horizon just make sure you click on the "weapon merge patch" during main file install to access all the best  and balanced guns in the game through Horizon install.  After you've tested your AAF+Horizon survival install in game, you can begin installing your favorite flavors+their necessary Horizon Patch if it exists, try to avoid odd ball mods without Horizon patch and your game will transform potentially into an incredibly challenging and immersive world, cheers.

PS;  Sim settlements, scrap everything, and any mods that change world objects are to be strickly avoided, Horizon has it all anyhow.  ReginaldsPrefabsShackfest works great, Homemaker works great, download "survival console" for times you get stuck, works great.  The Drones Mod  on nexus breaks everything.  Cannot use world changing mods with Horizon, nor do they improve the world, Horizon is by far the best world enhancement in the game. It even includes its own mini scrap everything, and all the best mods have Horizon Patches.

Edited by Daangerousda

HORIZON LOAD ORDER DETAILS:   https://fo4horizon.fandom.com/wiki/Guide/Load_Order

Once you get addicted to Horizon+AFF survival play, installing your old favorites only a couple at a time enables you to identify conflict with mods as you build your virtual world to your liking and learn of Horizons VAST "ARCHITECT"  addons.  Changing AAF mods around with Horizon installed does NOT effect Horizon stability, long as you dont change world objects.  Use your standard game crafting stations to make the various "ARCHITECT" options hollow tapes, and dont forget to enable Horizon "survival autosave" immediately after you exit vault 111, as you begin testing other mods compatibility.  The Horizon hollow tape will be dropped automatically into your inventory under settings .

Edited by Daangerousda
On 12/11/2022 at 1:51 PM, Daangerousda said:

its never AFF if you follow the "A Fucking Manual" and run Mod Organizer 2, I actually switched from Vortex to MO2, and that fixed everything for me.  

yeah mo2 is just the best thing you can do for your bethesda game modding experience.

also appreciate all the useful feedback, definitely will make this a useful thread for ppl who want info on this too!

On 12/11/2022 at 1:59 PM, Daangerousda said:

Trying to add my load order, but done know how, only have ingame screeshot ability, Damn Muty woke me up again, he so pushy.  If there is some trick to copy my MO2 load order plz, enlighten me.

loadorder etc. is located in: (your mo2 install location)\profiles\(your profile)

so for example: D:\MO2\profiles\Default

On 12/6/2021 at 9:03 PM, MrNicoras said:

your using mods that change the world, exactly what will conflict with Horizon.  Horizon has "settlements expanded" of its own.  Wanna break the game, install other settlement altering mods,, you WILL break your playthrough, just a matter of time. As for bleed out, I either disabled it years ago, or its from another mod I no longer use, NO BLEED OUT on my Horizon, and I play on "OUTCAST"   hardest setting

Edited by Daangerousda
8 hours ago, FovI said:

loadorder etc. is located in: (your mo2 install location)\profiles\(your profile)

so for example: D:\MO2\profiles\Default

I used all default install locations, so C, program 86, Steam, steam apps,, common,, etc is my FO install, then I found MO2 in C, Modding, but dont see any obvious load order file, There is no visible "profile" folder

Edited by Daangerousda

BLEED OUT HORIZON PATCH (for people having issues)  I managed to eliminate it somehow, long ago, dont even remember how, the option never appears anymore.  But this will ensure melee weapon get cutting bleed boost, and that bandages for player, and stempacks for NPC's will work to stop bleeding https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/55864?tab=description