[Solved] Characters stood in the same place idling as they moaned

This issue was bugging me for days. I reinstalled FNIS multiple times and ran it. Each time I thought I did it right. Each time the animations were still borked. I thought sex lab had to be the culprit.

Finally I came across the step guide to installing FNIS in MO2. I thought it would be redundant and pointless. It worked.

Since there are locked threads on sex lab literally highlighting this issue without providing a solution I thought I'd post it here.

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:Fores_New_Idles_in_Skyrim_SE

I want to be clear that I understand why it doesn't seem worth putting this in the stickied troubleshooting thread. Once you've done it the solution seems so obvious. Except I spent days thinking my game was broken and not knowing why or what the solution was because MO2 is strange. 

Incase the link breaks the solution is to find the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe in the FNIS behaviours mod, add it as an executable in MO2 the same way you might add SKSE64, WryeBash or SSEdit. Then tell is to save changes to a mod. Create a new empty esp called FNIS to provide that.

I'm also including the following phrases for ease of searching

Animations out of position

Poor alignment. 

No animation.

Not working.

Help.