12 hours ago, Swe-DivX said:

Headparts nif can only have one mesh

oh really :/ there a way to "fuse the meshes as one then wen i try i get this message troughhelp.PNG

11 hours ago, nilead said:

No sure solution, but when i was looking for double hair combination for SE, i ended up just assigning second hairstyle as a scar in CK. Worked out of the box, SMP and all.

Im in no way expert, but that might be a rout you can try.

thats a very good idea ty sadly i ussing the scar slot for tails and stuff 

58 minutes ago, Swe-DivX said:

Add the ears as 1 headpart in the esp.
Save the nif with 1 mesh in it.

Now create 4 new nif with the rest and save them.
Create 4 new headpart and set them as extra parts and add them to the 1 headpart.

i bet you don't gonna teach me how to do it right??

but can't blame me  for try

1.how do i add a head part to a esp?

2.what esp you mean? slidetails or dalgaebi or one of the addons?

3.how do i make the game reconize a part as a extra part? how to set then?

ty for the attention

I'm not sure if it was made clear to you that there's two types of merged nifs?  Maybe that's the confusing part?

The first is when you take some separate meshes and combine them into one item in OS, or Nifskope. That's basically how all mashups work. One .nif file, but it's made of multiple nif meshes. This is a lot more common because that way you can have different lighting settings for leather, metal, etc.

The second is actually using that "Combine Geometry" function in OS, to make multiple separate .nif meshes into a single mesh. This is a lot more complicated because both files MUST:

- Have all the same texture, lighting, and Alpha settings

- Must use the same texture files

The first part is easier because you can just match them up in Nifskope. So if one has glossiness of 80 and the other has glossiness of 40, you pick one and match it. Look at all the other shader settings and match as needed.

The second part is harder because meshes are already mapped to a part of a texture file. You can see what this looks like by using the "Edit UV" function in OS (Edit menu). That shows you how exactly a mesh is mapped to the texture file. Sometimes you can cut and paste parts of two texture files together if the two parts are mapped to different areas of a larger texture file, so they won't overlap, but often you have to do some editing to make the textures from two source meshes fit on the same .dds, as well as moving the UV of one of the meshes to match the new location. 

The second one is probably not going to work with a hair mesh, because they tend to use small texture files and take up all or most of the surface of the texture. But the first method will produce a single .nif file, so you shouldn't need to do the second.

Just take the hair and the ears, import them both into OS, then once you have both meshes positioned how you like, look at the "partions" tab on the upper right and make sure both the ears are assigned to the same slot as the hair, then use "export as .nif" to export them both together as a single .nif which you should be able to replace the old hairstyle with (using the same file name, like any replacer mod). If you're not actually editing the hair mesh, then the hairline should still work properly I think?

I have not done much work with hair files, and they have one or two special things going on. So, if someone else has anything to add, please do.

Edited by SmedleyDButler
1 hour ago, SmedleyDButler said:

I'm not sure if it was made clear to you that there's two types of merged nifs?  Maybe that's the confusing part?

The first is when you take some separate meshes and combine them into one item in OS, or Nifskope. That's basically how all mashups work. One .nif file, but it's made of multiple nif meshes.

The second is actually using that "Combine Geometry" function in OS, to make multiple separate .nif meshes into a single mesh. This is a lot more complicated because both files MUST:

- Have all the same texture, lighting, and Alpha settings

- Must use the same texture files

The first part is easier because you can just match them up in Nifskope. So if one has glossiness of 80 and the other has glossiness of 40, you pick one and match it. Look at all the other shader settings and match as needed. This is a lot more common because that way you can have different lighting settings for leather, metal, etc.

The second part is harder because meshes are already mapped to a part of a texture file. You can see what this looks like by using the "Edit UV" function in OS (Edit menu). That shows you how exactly a mesh is mapped to the texture file. Sometimes you can cut and paste parts of two texture files together if the two parts are mapped to different areas of a larger texture file, so they won't overlap, but often you have to do some editing to make the textures from two source meshes fit on the same .dds, as well as moving the UV of one of the meshes to match the new location. 

The second one is probably not going to work with a hair mesh, because they tend to use small texture files and take up all or most of the surface of the texture. But the first method will produce a single .nif file, so you shouldn't need to do the second.

Just take the hair and the ears, import them both into OS, then once you have both meshes positioned how you like, look at the "partions" tab on the upper right and make sure both the ears are assigned to the same slot as the hair, then use "export as .nif" to export them both together as a single .nif which you should be able to replace the old hairstyle with (using the same file name, like any replacer mod). If you're not actually editing the hair mesh, then the hairline should still work properly I think?

I have not done much work with hair files, and they have one or two special things going on. So, if someone else has anything to add, please do.

tyvm i fear i had to use nif scoope is to hard for my rabbit brain i follow tutorials but always happens the same:

example:you must go here and find there to go somewhere

then i pause the video i go here find there BUT SOMEWHERE IS NOT IN THERE then i fell like puke evertime i hear nif scoope but i will drink some coffe eat raw meat and and axe some trees and try again idk from where to start should i load the mesh or texture on nif scope? man..i losing hope

ears.esp

58 minutes ago, Swe-DivX said:

You have to rename the address and nif in the esp to fit your files.

i sorry to bother you but i tryng untill now and game don't open soo i doing something wrong i on LE i use MO2 and the parts are in mods folder [NINI] Dalgaebi\Meshes\dalgaebi

it seems i dumber that i though sorry for that can you help me if you not busy? :/ dumb as this question is but how do i rename then?

Edited by fapman83